Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-10-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

his leadership and mentoring the young guys will be more valuable than his ballerina tip toe running but i'm super excited to have him back
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I can't believe he is back. I thought we were rid of him. Now he is back. he better be in shape and not have a knee or hammy after 1 game.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hooray, another crappy running back.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should've stole Jawan Jamison off the Redskins practice squad.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Should've stole Jawan Jamison off the Redskins practice squad.
why you gotta hurt me like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
why you gotta hurt me like that?
I don't know why he's even on a practice squad. Bunch of teams would upgrade if they took him. Steelers, Chargers, Jets, you guys...

F'n David Wilson screwed my fantasy chances. Garbage piece of ****.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacobs can pass block. Jamison not so much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Jacobs can pass block. Jamison not so much.
Pass blocking is good but being able to run the ball well and not fumble is kind of important. And Jacobs has had his own fumbling issues at times too.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamison wouldn't see the field here at all. Wilson will be fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Ma, get my Jacobs jersey from out the closet and iron it for me!" - Vinny from Yonkers

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So David Wilson called us and all other pissed off Giants fans "irrelevant" on twitter. I want to give this guy the opportunity to prove himself again, because he has great potential, but man, he makes it hard for himself calling the fans(paying customers) "Irrelevant".

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Dumb comment but when you were that age can you imagine all these idiots tweeting terrible stuff at you because you lost them a fantasy game? 95% of us would have said something dumb if we were in his shoes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-11-2013, 07:55 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dumb comment but when you were that age can you imagine all these idiots tweeting terrible stuff at you because you lost them a fantasy game? 95% of us would have said something dumb if we were in his shoes.
Sure, but that's not the point. Athletes gets held to a higher standard of conduct because they are constantly in the spotlight. Specifically big market athletes. He has to know that. The organization is paying him millions of dollars to play a game, a totally unrealistic salary that is only possible because we as customers pay of our hard-earned money to watch it. He and every other athlete needs to recognize this. It pisses me of when people use that excuse for athletes.

Most normal people would answer that way, but he's not a normal person. He's a public figure and this is one of the cons of being a public figure. When you do a poor job, loads of people will tell you so in a very explicit way. If I do a poor job, worst case scenario I will get yelled at by my boss.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want him to not suck anymore. That's all I ask.

Also, I'm cool with big man Jacobs coming back. Welcome home Brandon! He should have never put on another jersey. He'll bring some goon to our team, we need more goons.

Plus he can pass protect. Which is cool. We seriously should pass 80% of the time and be in gun/pistol 80% of the time but we'll never do that bc Coughlin is a dinosaur.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So where does everyone stand on Wilson?

Parcells was on the radio yesterday and basically implied that he wouldn't play him.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with Parcells. I would relegate him to spot duty at best and until he shows significant improvement in all facets of his game, he should stay there. 10 snaps a game max.

And maybe by week 10 if he improves his pass pro, and doesn't fumble the ball you slowly increase his snap count after that.

The part that angers me the most isn't just the fumbles, it's how terrible he was in pass pro. He was absolutely awful. And the Cowboys gameplanned for him. They wanted to blitz at him and make him think. And he failed miserably.

We can't have that. Our pass game improved when he left the field partly because we had pass pro out of Scott.

And he didn't even show great vision on run plays either. He just laid the biggest egg you can lay.

He'd be in my personal dog house for awhile, but we may play him out of necessity.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Sure, but that's not the point. Athletes gets held to a higher standard of conduct because they are constantly in the spotlight. Specifically big market athletes. He has to know that. The organization is paying him millions of dollars to play a game, a totally unrealistic salary that is only possible because we as customers pay of our hard-earned money to watch it. He and every other athlete needs to recognize this. It pisses me of when people use that excuse for athletes.

Most normal people would answer that way, but he's not a normal person. He's a public figure and this is one of the cons of being a public figure. When you do a poor job, loads of people will tell you so in a very explicit way. If I do a poor job, worst case scenario I will get yelled at by my boss.
He made a mistake and he'll learn from it. Not the first to do it and certainly not the last.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-11-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't care about him tweeting out frustration. That happens.

I care about his fumbling and pass protection. I expected both to be corrected by now and they clearly haven't yet. That's troubling. He basically cost us a game. He cost us 14 points.

Btw him and Scott with the pick 6, that's a 21 point swing directly tied into our RBs.

Unacceptable. For all our mistakes and ugly play that game, we would have won if it wasn't for our RBs. There's only 16 games a season you can't directly cost your team games like Wilson did.

He has a big hill to climb as far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It is worrisome. I actually think the fumbling issue is more overblown. I am very very worried about his pass protection. I don't see what's so difficult to pick up in that regards. It's very rare that a RB of Wilson's caliber can't get on the field because they are that bad picking up the D.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-11-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
It is worrisome. I actually think the fumbling issue is more overblown. I am very very worried about his pass protection. I don't see what's so difficult to pick up in that regards. It's very rare that a RB of Wilson's caliber can't get on the field because they are that bad picking up the D.
BINGO. See if it was just fumbles, I wouldn't be so upset. But we literally couldn't pass when he was in the game bc he kept missing his chips and assignments. Dallas blitzed right at him to test him and he failed miserably.

Can't have that. We need to at least pass the ball. When he's in the game he's a liability to fumble on runs and get Eli killed on passes. That's the part that's killing us.

I'm more concerned about pass protection than the fumbles. He was downright awful in pass proteciton.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The goal line play where Selvie just went around him like nothing really concerned me. He saw him and still missed/whiffed. I don't even know how that was possible.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 09-11-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It baffles me how pass protection is difficult to understand for these guys. Are they really that stupid? You see a guy, block him. How complicated is it?

If 2 guys are about to kill your qb, you block the guy closest to him. It's really that simple.

Oh and when you run a pattern, chip the DE on your side. Am I missing something? Like seriously, what's so complicated about it.

Yes, I understand protection schemes aren't that simple and I'm not discussing the details of blocking assignments, I know that, but it's really not that difficult.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It baffles me how pass protection is difficult to understand for these guys. Are they really that stupid? You see a guy, block him. How complicated is it?

If 2 guys are about to kill your qb, you block the guy closest to him. It's really that simple.

Oh and when you run a pattern, chip the DE on your side. Am I missing something? Like seriously, what's so complicated about it.

Yes, I understand protection schemes aren't that simple and I'm not discussing the details of blocking assignments, I know that, but it's really not that difficult.
Yeah I went on this rant a bit during the preseason when this was first brought up. I don't understand it. You have your head on a swivel and then just run into the guy basically. If it's an all out blitz then take the guy closest to you.

All in all I'm still encouraged by this game though. Defense played a ton better than we all thought.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-11-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I went on this rant a bit during the preseason when this was first brought up. I don't understand it. You have your head on a swivel and then just run into the guy basically. If it's an all out blitz then take the guy closest to you.

All in all I'm still encouraged by this game though. Defense played a ton better than we all thought.
I'm encouraged as well. We played like absolute crap and we still almost won at the end.

This offense can be deadly if we can block up front. We'll patch together the run game as best as we can, I'm not concerned about that. If it means 2 yards and a cloud of dust with Jacobs, so be it. At least it won't hinder the pass game. We can throw it on anyone as long as we can block up front.

And with the defense playing way better than I imagined, I'm cautiously optimistic.

As wrong as it sounds, even though Dallas beat us, they do not scare me. I didn't think they were very good. Washington is still our main threat for the division.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

You'd be surprised how dumb some football players are. These are professional players. Coach college and some of the grades are just flat out awful. That was one thing I took pride in. My position had the highest grades. I told them to come to me and I made sure they were studying and they told me all their grades. I was one of the few position groups who didn't have any failing grades. In fact, my players had Bs or higher which made me happy.

You should have seen the OL trying to go on 2 instead of 1. Coach would say go on 2, to draw the DL offside. Well, instead we would false start, lol. This is at all levels of football. So this doesn't surprise me. Also, there are a lot more fronts and different stuff.

Everything in our system is hard. I don't see other teams having so much issues. Everything in our system is a painstaking process from running the correct routes based on the pre snap and post snap coverage to blocking assignments.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote