Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-22-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Why? We're fans. I hate losing but we're not coaches or players. They shouldn't be laying down and giving up. I've always disagreed with Scott when he said players and coaches should try to lose. You can't do that on the team.

However, as a fan, if we're not going to win anything I'd much rather get a higher draft pick to improve the team. I would never "root" for my team to lose. Ever. But if they kept losing and we got a stud player that would lessen the impact a bit.
I suppose I kind of understand that position, but at the same time nothing in the NFL is ever certain. You see a lot of teams for years like the Browns, Bengals, Raiders, Rams, or Jaguars that stay in the dungeon season after season. I think I'd rather go 7-9 or 8-8 personally just because I feel that for the future, next season, you'd have a better chance of accomplishing something instead of going 4-12, where you might be seeing those kinds of records for years. Every team, organization, and situation is different but that's just my opinion on the matter.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 09-22-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Okay and we have more Super Bowl trophies. Irrelevant nonsense FTW. LOL u mad. Take what somewhere else? I wasn't even gloating in this thread. Just having a regular conversation and you're already butthurt.
You've never come in this thread and just talked football with us. I'm very far from butthurt. You want to act like a normal and talk then that's fine but come in and ask real questions.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I thought that never should have got called back. He had him inside and didn't stretch his arms.

The OL wasn't that good first game but again not why we lost. I know it sounds crazy and LT was mad but I agree with CGF that we make a run somehow.
We've been bad, but with the defense being surprisingly decent at everything except rushing the passer we can absolutely get into this race right quick if the offense can start executing like they should. Dallas are our only threat for the division and you can never count them out of screwing it up. We may not be good but 9-7 to 7-9 could win this division, as pathetic as that is. And despite this hole our team is totally capable of getting to 7-9 wins still.

If it's gunna happen it needs to start in KC, but Alex smith sucks and the chiefs aren't as good as their record, so it's not exactly a stretch.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You've never come in this thread and just talked football with us. I'm very far from butthurt. You want to act like a normal and talk then that's fine but come in and ask real questions.
Okay. Well I'm doing that now. First time for everything. And "real questions"? You'll have to forgive me if I don't recognize your authority on what a "real question" constitutes as. No one forced you to even respond. If you don't like the conversation I was having with Forenci (which was simply asking his opinion on his personal perceptions as a football fan in a specific scenario so I don't see what's wrong with that) then, well, you know what you can do. You can always leave.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I suppose I kind of understand that position, but at the same time nothing in the NFL is ever certain. You see a lot of teams for years like the Browns, Bengals, Raiders, Rams, or Jaguars that stay in the dungeon season after season. I think I'd rather go 7-9 or 8-8 personally just because I feel that for the future, next season, you'd have a better chance of accomplishing something instead of going 4-12, where you might be seeing those kinds of records for years. Every team, organization, and situation is different but that's just my opinion on the matter.
Yeah but those are terrible teams. They are terribly run. I mean, if the 49ers ended up having a terrible season and picking high wouldn't you expect them to make some great picks and really take advantage of their draft position?

I would expect the Giants to as well. If we're gonna suck, we minds well let our team get some high picks to maximize what they can get.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ness, you really are the worst sometimes.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Ness, you really are the worst sometimes.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay. Well I'm doing that now. First time for everything. And "real questions"? You'll have to forgive me if I don't recognize your authority on what a "real question" constitutes as. No one forced you to even respond. If you don't like the conversation I was having with Forenci (which was simply asking his opinion on his personal perceptions as a football fan in a specific scenario so I don't see what's wrong with that) then, well, you know what you can do. You can always leave.
Yeah I'm going to leave the Giants thread that I'm a mainstay of.

NESS:

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You know what we're 0-3 but this is great. Ness is going to get banned from NFLDC finally because of this!!! Night somehow is decent.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Ness said anything...

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Yeah but those are terrible teams. They are terribly run. I mean, if the 49ers ended up having a terrible season and picking high wouldn't you expect them to make some great picks and really take advantage of their draft position?

I would expect the Giants to as well. If we're gonna suck, we minds well let our team get some high picks to maximize what they can get.
Ehhhh, I think perception is subjective depending on the circumstances. A good quarterback for instance can make an organization seem really competent. Take that quarterback away, and when the losses start piling up, questions about organizations can easily be conceived in terms of if they're terribly run or not. This was the case for years in New Orleans until Brees was signed. Folks wanted Tom Benson to sell the team.

To answer your question regarding the 49ers, now...maybe. I mean we were also winning games under Terry Donahue when he was in charge for a few years. In the 1990's folks thought we had a pretty well run organization, but we really weren't working the salary cap well from the middle of that decade and onward despite having several successful seasons. But no one really talked about that because we were winning. When Steve Young left it all went to hell for the most part. That and we found ourselves in salary cap hell for a few years.

It really depends. Just for me as a fan I'd always want my team to do as well as they could. Maybe if it's a 2-14 and another team you're competing with might get the right to draft a once in a generation player, maybe. But if you have a chance to get to .500 and not be a laughing stock, I'd rather go that route.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I'm going to leave the Giants thread that I'm a mainstay of.
LOL I'm just trying to help you. Again, no one is forcing you to respond to my posts. You started talking to me first. Stay, do whatever you want. I was having a civilized discussion with another post and you starting crying about irrelevant nonsense for no apparent reason other than me having the said civilized discussion. And you can't get banned for posting in another team's forum LMFAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I don't think Ness said anything...
Yeah I didn't. Bro is just mad.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-22-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

God what I wouldn't give for us to get Mack and Byrd after cutting Baas, Rolle and Tuck.

Beatty got beat hard today, but he's earned some leeway with how well he played last year and so far this year before this game. Pugh's been a very pleasant surprise and Booty's aight, so if we could replace Baas with a stud like Mack the whole thing would come together. That would fix our running game and let Eli go more than 3 plays without getting crushed.

Add a OG, LB, DB and DE in the draft and our team would be fixed.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:06 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
God what I wouldn't give for us to get Mack and Byrd after cutting Baas, Rolle and Tuck.

Beatty got beat hard today, but he's earned some leeway with how well he played last year and so far this year before this game. Pugh's been a very pleasant surprise and Booty's aight, so if we could replace Baas with a stud like Mack the whole thing would come together. That would fix our running game and let Eli go more than 3 plays without getting crushed.

Add a OG, LB, DB and DE in the draft and our team would be fixed.
I don't want us to cut Rolle. Restructure, yes, but he is one of the precious few actual leaders on our team. He speaks his mind and actually tries to give our team a kick in their sorry asses. That's not something we can just get rid of now.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys. Be real. We look absolutely awful through 3 weeks. We can talk about why for days.

It's a combination of everything. Bad schemes (we didn't run a single slant or WR screen and ran vertical routes all game even when it was obvious our OL couldn't block a 4 man rush for more than 2 seconds), bad players (OL sucks), and just bad leadership (gutless 2nd half).

It's everything. Terrible blitzes (what makes Fewell think blitzing 10 yards from the LOS is gonna work?), poor pass rush (front 4 isn't good anymore), poor linebackers, no turnovers, it's just everything guys.

We look terrible. We're not a good team right now. Can it get turned around? Sure. But now you have to go 10-3 for the rest of the season just to make the playoffs.

There's a reason why only 3 teams in NFL history have pulled it off. It's not easy.

We just look bad. And I'm tired of our schemes. We just seem so dated and stale. Why do we insist on running so much i-form and 2 TE when it's obvious to everyone that our best is a spread 3 WR set?

Why put 2 TEs on the field when we don't even have ONE good one let alone 2?

Why are we so predictable with our I-form? What makes Gilbride think that PA pass with 2 vertical routes on Iform is gonna work when teams have so little respect for our run game, they don't even put 8 in the box and stay in a 2 deep set?

This was just bad all around. Bad coaching, bad players, bad execution, bad leadership, bad everything.

It's time for a spark. A lot of players on this team had a lot of success and you have a combination of complacency, dated schemes, bad coaching, and bad players.

This just isn't our year.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think 9-4 would get it done to be honest. As long was we went 4-2 overall in the division and beat the Cowboys the second time. That being said, we're not capable of it.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

There are really no answers right now as to why as a collective unit we look this bad. Something needs to wake them up though and hopefully this game was that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I LOVE Coughlin and have always defending him when most Giants fans wanted him gone before the Super Bowls. If this season ends up being a disaster it would time to part ways. Sometimes players just need to hear a new message, they get too comfortable. I think Coughlin has actually become too soft.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 09-23-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that's happening. It's just time for something new. Our schemes are so stale and dated. Especially on offense. Our offense is somewhat archaic. The players got complacent. It's just time to blow things up and start fresh.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I really hate to even think about it after all Coughlin has done. However I'd really want a coach that I think would be very unpopular among this group. Any guesses?
Old 09-23-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Don't you dare say Cowher bruh.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Don't you dare say Cowher bruh.
No absolutely not. I'll give you one more guess.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Rex Ryan? I thought you hated Rex.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Nick Saban. There are a lot of rumors he wants to get back into the NFL and he'd be very selective over what team to take over. I think we would obviously be a team he'd be interested in. My second choice would be Shaw at Stanford.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm actually good with that. I threw the idea of him around myself. Nick, Zimmer, Stanford's HC (name is escaping me right now) are the first 3 that come to my mind.