Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-06-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I just don't like the idea of sitting a high paid player for 3-4+ years. Such a waste of a pick.
1st round picks aren't high paid anymore though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Like it or not, Eli is our franchise QB and the front office like Nassib as backup.

I think we would have be better off trading down and addressing a few needs if we are n a position to draft bridgewater
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Eli and have always been his biggest fan but its something we need to think about as terrible as it sounds.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love Eli and have always been his biggest fan but its something we need to think about as terrible as it sounds.
I'd rather build elsewhere to get another SB out of Eli before he retires, and then let Nassib take over the following year and either tank us to a top pick QB, or prove that he's developed in his time behind Eli and can be a starter for us.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Nassib sucks. He'll do nothing in this league ever. Team needs to realize this right away and move on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe we can pull off a deal like the rams did with RG3 for Teddy if that's the situation. that'd be cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am still so mad Nicks hung Eli out to dry on that slant route. Half speed and the CB read it and beat him to the landmark.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when's Beason gonna play? just curious
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Is he hurt?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anything think we can beat tjr bears in a short week?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Does anything think we can beat tjr bears in a short week?
No. Im not even going to watch. Rutgers/Louisville is much more important.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am still so mad Nicks hung Eli out to dry on that slant route. Half speed and the CB read it and beat him to the landmark.
He's just so lazy. After just a great first half to finish like that was disappointing. I'm almost to the point where I'd rather start Randle. Part of me wants Nicks back with a different coaching staff, but he'll want the same contract Cruz got at the very least. Maybe more cause he'll actually be a free agent. Part of me kind of wants him to get a small nagging injury cause I'd like to see Murphy out there cause if he performs he could re-signed on the cheap.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a positive note, I thought our special teams were a lot better. Partly because we didn't attempt a fg. But Weatherford got his **** together.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
He's just so lazy. After just a great first half to finish like that was disappointing. I'm almost to the point where I'd rather start Randle. Part of me wants Nicks back with a different coaching staff, but he'll want the same contract Cruz got at the very least. Maybe more cause he'll actually be a free agent. Part of me kind of wants him to get a small nagging injury cause I'd like to see Murphy out there cause if he performs he could re-signed on the cheap.
I was focused on him the end of the previous play and that int play. We were no huddle, and he came back to the offensive's right and then limped to the offensive's left side. On the slant he ran 1/2 to 1/4 speed, and the CB read slant, and just beat out him to the land mark.

I wish Eli ripped him on the sideline for that.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nassib sucks. He'll do nothing in this league ever. Team needs to realize this right away and move on.
Exactly why I want him to stick around and be our Tank Commander once Eli retires.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean, Teddy is a top 5 pick right now. They still make a lot of money and he'd be going to waste for AT LEAST three years. Now is not the time to be taking luxury picks, which is what he would be. I agree we do need to start thinking about replacing Eli, but not this year. MAYBE next year.

Quote:
I was focused on him the end of the previous play and that int play. We were no huddle, and he came back to the offensive's right and then limped to the offensive's left side. On the slant he ran 1/2 to 1/4 speed, and the CB read slant, and just beat out him to the land mark.

I wish Eli ripped him on the sideline for that.
What? You saw him limping and you want him to get ripped by Eli? I am curious how all this Nicks hatred has come up lately. Dude is CLEARLY hurt. Has his work ethic been questioned in the past? I never remember this being the case. I never remember him jogging routes unless he was hurt.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:18 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot will depend on what happens in the offseason.

One thing you can be sure of is that there will be changes.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so I'm gonna try to look at the glass half full bc Im sure the last couple of pages have been doom and gloom.

I'm gonna be completely honest with you guys, I gave up on the season 2 weeks ago. I knew this team was finished then, so the losses don't really hurt anymore. Honestly I'm all aboard the Clowney train right now so I prefer we go 3-13 at this point and secure Clowney and a new coaching staff. It's time. It needs to happen and this is a great year to do it.

So the positives I got from yesterday were:

-Big Hank looks pretty good. Glad to see that.

-McBride might be a keeper. I like him a lot. I think he can be our future slot. Was very impressed with him the past 2 weeks. He needs to get his reps so he can be ready for a starting role (nickel CB) next year.

-Will Hill is a keeper if he just keeps his head on straight.

-Pugh looks good so far.

That's all I got for ya haha. But hey, it's something. I want to see all the young guys get snaps now. We need to see the young guys. Bench Rivers he's awful, play JWill all 3 downs. Play Big Hank, play Moore. Play McBride, play Will Hill, play O'Donnell, play Wilson on 3rd down, play the young OLmen, just play everyone.

Some of these guys actually have potential, Dinosaur just doesn't play them. It's time to play these guys and evaluate the roster for next year. Forget all the vets. Give the young guys as many reps as possible.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Some of these guys actually have potential, Dinosaur just doesn't play them. It's time to play these guys and evaluate the roster for next year. Forget all the vets. Give the young guys as many reps as possible.
If we do see any changes like this, it would be after this game with Chicago as we don't play until the following Monday at home. Also if we lose again, I'd hate to see what the stadium will look like for the Monday night game.

I've actually decided not to watch it. I'm going to be on vacation and was going to go out of my way to get to a bar and watch it, but after 0-5 I see no reason to.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I will watch every Giants game I can (when they are on TV here). I started liking the Giants when they were terrible and I still find watching them enjoyable no matter their record. If nothing else, to see the young guys play.

Coughlin won't call off the dogs yet. He may not all season. I doubt we'll see a lot of the young guys play. He just doesn't like young players. It's one of the few things that have always bothered me about him. I love Coughlin and always will for what he's done though. If this is his final season it won't sour me on him at all. All coaches have flaws.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

dinosaur! hahahaha I just call him Old Man Coughlin.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

But wait: WE WERE IN THE PISTOL FOR A PLAY LAST GAME!
Quote:
Old 10-07-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
But wait: WE WERE IN THE PISTOL FOR A PLAY LAST GAME!
AND IT WORKED!

So obviously Gilbride was having none of it after that.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Seriously guys, watch the games. I don't care if we're down 42-0. Watch the games.

Don't be that guy. I'm watching the whole game no matter how bad we suck. Always.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I watch the games and will continue to do so. Watch this season is brutal though.