Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-14-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
That's the thing though. He hasn't done it wrong. If so, he would not be starting or even on the team if that's the case.
His talent gets him by. And from what I can see, correct me if I'm wrong as of course I don't have access to the playbook, but he seems to run the least option routes of anyone. At least last year. I'm sure that will probably have to change with Smith gone.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
His talent gets him by. And from what I can see, correct me if I'm wrong as of course I don't have access to the playbook, but he seems to run the least option routes of anyone. At least last year. I'm sure that will probably have to change with Smith gone.
I am not sure about the option route thing. I don't want to speculate, but if they put you in the slot and outside, then they have to have faith in you.

Doesn't matter how much talent you have. If you can't run the right route, you won't play. The fact he is playing.... starting....AND playing two different positions with different trees AND adjustments and rules, is a big thing.

The coaches trust him, yet the fans don't for reason. I find that interesting.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I can't believe how good JPP looks. Did any one of you guys actually like the pick when he was drafted? I know every Giants fan I knew around that time almost universally hated the pick because JPP looked like a classic bust.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:20 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated it for 2 reasons: I'm a believer in production in college, which was one off jpp's biggest knocks...and that he was from usf. I also thought de wasn't a need, but that was also hoping sintim would pan out an osi, tuck and kiwi would be our de's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I hated it for 2 reasons: I'm a believer in production in college, which was one off jpp's biggest knocks...and that he was from usf. I also thought de wasn't a need, but that was also hoping sintim would pan out an osi, tuck and kiwi would be our de's.
Did he have a fall out with USF? I've seen a bunch of times as him being listed from College of Canyons. Unless everyone is using Giants.com for that info.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Did he have a fall out with USF? I've seen a bunch of times as him being listed from College of Canyons. Unless everyone is using Giants.com for that info.
I haven't heard anything about that. I hated the pick at the time also just because he was so raw and I felt we needed someone who could step in right away and play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Man, I can't believe how good JPP looks. Did any one of you guys actually like the pick when he was drafted? I know every Giants fan I knew around that time almost universally hated the pick because JPP looked like a classic bust.
I remember me, BBD and somebody else were really excited. The kid has a good head on his shoulders so while he was super raw, there were a lot of positive signs to go with his fantastic body control, flexibility, strength, length and explosiveness.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 08-15-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was unsure about what to think of the JPP pick at the time. On one hand, I didn't like it because I thought we had bigger needs, like MLB, safety and DT, but on the other hand I couldn't be very critical. Spiller, McClain and Earl Thomas were already off the board, so the only player i could realistically see us take instead of JPP was Dan Williams. But JR went for value, and it looks like that was a great decision.

He really knows how to nail his first round picks( except for maybe Ross, but he looked very good for a while as well).
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I HATED the pick! Another damn DE!!! Really?! When we had Osi, Tuck and Kiwi.. However, I understood the pick because we go BPA. He was clearly ranked very high on our board. Plus he is a defensive player... Blah!

Go offense in the first round!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're going to re-sign Deon Grant. I like it he played that hybrid role for us perfect last year. Sash can learn for one more year and then jump into that next year. The more depth the better!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-16-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i mightve been the third person who like the pick, but i was skeptical. I didn't like that he had only a little production and that we didnt pick a position of need, but from what i saw he used very good leverage had great measurables and could play both run and pass although he wasnt as adept vs the run.

I wanted Anthony Davis from Rutgers despite his character concerns.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
i mightve been the third person who like the pick, but i was skeptical. I didn't like that he had only a little production and that we didnt pick a position of need, but from what i saw he used very good leverage had great measurables and could play both run and pass although he wasnt as adept vs the run.

I wanted Anthony Davis from Rutgers despite his character concerns.
Yeah I didn't like it at all. I wanted to trade down and take Bulaga.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I wanted Derrick Morgan so I didn't mind we took a DE I just didn't like the one we took.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-16-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While we are on the topic I figured I would re-post this here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I guess these guys turned out good then...

Kiwi

JPP

are the two big ones..It's not the talent itself, but rather the damn position. Did we really need another DE??! Come on now! It's ok not to draft a defensive player in the first round for once. Not going to kill us!

Curse you BBD! I blame you for this!
Same, I hated those 2 picks. When we traded back with Santonio Holmes still on the board(my favorite Ohio State player in a long time) I flipped out. Then when we took a DE with Strahan, Osi and Tuck on the roster I was livid. Kiwi has grown on me big time now and I love the guy, but it took him awhile to gain my respect(not that it means **** to him lol) especially after the failed sack on Vince Young.

The JPP I was mad because I saw it coming and still didn't want to believe it. I wasn't nearly as mad as I was with the Kiwi pick. I was older and had been watching the game for longer now and knew that it was a pick for the future with Osi getting older and Kiwi having only 1 year left on his contract. I so badly wanted Bulaga, Dan Williams, Iupati, Weatherspoon or Pouncey. Hell pretty much anyone that whent in the first after JPP lol. But, not even a week after draft day I grew to love the pick and couldn't wait to see him play. Guy is gonna be a beast for us over the next couple years.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just loved JPP, didn't even think we'd get a chance to pick him. He's got so much raw talent and the kid always played hard. Yeah he was dumb and raw, but for us? We could teach a downs kid to rush the passer if he had the physical tools. Plus JPP seemed Forrest Gump stupid, and by that I mean a guy who may be a tard, but he's going to work ******* hard at whatever you tell him to do because he knows he's not too good at the coming up with things part.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-16-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only DE I liked more than JPP was Brandon Graham. I LOVED Brandon Graham.

But while I loved Graham, I always knew JPP has more potential. I loved JPP bc he's a physical freak with a crazy motor. What's not to like? Sure he's raw, but it's more important to be athletic as a DE than have good technique. You can teach technique, but not length and speed.

Besides, how hard is it to rush the passer? It's not rocket science. Hey JPP, go chase the football. If I could train a Puma to rush the passer, I'd draft it.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I will admit I 100% overlooked the fact that JPP was a known hard worker who had the desire and motor to improve his game. Even though he was as raw as he was I should have known better because of those traits. I wasn't wrong on Morgan though either who was doing a very good job with the Titans last year before he was injured.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-16-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Derrick Morgan. He reminded me of Tuck in some ways.

I just thought he had limited upside, and I thought Graham was better than him. Don't forget, before the draft, Morgan was projected to go higher than Graham. So I was under the assumption that both would be on the board at the same time for us, and I would rather have Graham in that situation.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I loved Graham as well. We'll probably never know his true potential because of the type of injury he sustained last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I will admit I 100% overlooked the fact that JPP was a known hard worker who had the desire and motor to improve his game. Even though he was as raw as he was I should have known better because of those traits. I wasn't wrong on Morgan though either who was doing a very good job with the Titans last year before he was injured.
Morgan's good, but I still wouldn't give up the special talent we have in JPP for Morgan. JPP could be the best in the league, with his length, strength athleticism and flexibility the kid can become as good as they get if he keeps working on his game the way he is.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-16-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

JPP also could have looked so bad we'd be shopping for another DE already. It's a classic risk/reward situation. Since I felt going into last year the Giants were close to winning it all I wanted the safer bet who also did have some upside even though it's not near JPP.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-16-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated Graham and I still do!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

All 25 Eli Manning Interceptions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tUsUoMIHZc

Someone on BBI posted this.. I count 7-9 on WRs, the rest on Eli.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants sign K Rhys Lloyd
Old 08-17-2011, 06:16 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I remember me, BBD and somebody else were really excited. The kid has a good head on his shoulders so while he was super raw, there were a lot of positive signs to go with his fantastic body control, flexibility, strength, length and explosiveness.
I loved the JPP pick! I've always felt any time you can get a high motor, athletic defensive player that you should go for it.