Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-13-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our project draft picks have never worked out. Not one of them and I was the biggest Barden supporter. The list goes on and on for us of raw players who never did anything.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason we peg Beatty in with the future of this team is because of this contract not because of performance.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not ready to throw Beatty under the bus just yet. Let's see how he goes.

It could just be suited to RT.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I'm not ready to throw Beatty under the bus just yet. Let's see how he goes.

It could just be suited to RT.
If that's the case what do we do with Pugh?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If that's the case what do we do with Pugh?
either guard spot?

We have get buy with solid left tackles, Beatty is much more athletic than Diehl was
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beatty was good before last year he was just banged up a lot. And this year he hasn't been as good but is still very far from the biggest problem on our imploding DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha you guys give on players way too easily. Beatty hasn't been great but giving up on him now is silly. Up until last year he was regularly injured.

Also, if you follow the guy on Twitter, you would probably expect him to be the last type of guy to just "give up" or pack it in after getting a contract. He's a genuinely good dude and was/is a hard worker.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Says the UConn graduate.

But seriously, hasn't Beatty looked pretty good the past 2 games? Maybe he just had a rough patch earlier in the season with so much fluctuation along the OL.

I still prefer him at RT but if we can't get a LT in FA (Albert), then maybe we can grab Oher at RT and plug Pugh at LG.

We need 3 OLmen in FA/draft so we're gonna have to pick up at least 1 FA OLmen somehow and mix and match the OL as best we can.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to give up oh him. I just don't think it was a great contract and the only reason he has an absolute going forward is because of the contract. We paid him as a LT after only good year as a LT.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know, I didn't like the money we gave him. We overpaid.

Jug, what do you think of Stephon Tuitt?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I know, I didn't like the money we gave him. We overpaid.

Jug, what do you think of Stephon Tuitt?
I like Nix better. He can fit more schemes in my opinion. I'm not sure of Tuitt outside a 3-4. Also I think Tuitt goes back for another season. Both have another year of eligibility I believe. However Nix should be graduating this spring so he'd be more likely to leave.

True NTs like Nix are hard to find.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

And I really hate to be hard on Beatty, but I get a little pissed off when I see people throw him around as a core part of this team going forward. I guess he is by default.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He is unfortunately, we don't have a choice. He's either going to be our LT or RT for the next couple of years. We're married to him now.

He's not a terrible player, but we overpaid. If he can become what he was last year again then we underpaid, but right now we overpaid.

You just have to hope he turns it around. He was good the past 2 games, so maybe all hope is not lost with him.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I agree, he's the best of what we have now so he's a part of this team going forward. Bu the best of what we have now, just isn't saying much. I do like the versatility of this line however. It gives us an opportunity to potentially take the best OL in the draft. Regardless of position. And hopefully if that player would turn out to be the best player on the line, we can move others around accordingly.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah we have options. I really do believe we need to look at FA OLmen as well though.

I'm thinking either Albert or Oher. That kicks Pugh inside and now we just need 2 OLmen in the draft, maybe even 1 if we are willing to ride with Boothe for one more year.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I'm also giving up on Clowney, thus the Oline talk. After watching games this Sunday I think we win this Monday and at least split with the Redskins. 2 wins might be too many. Haha. I'm sure we can scratch out at least one other win somewhere too.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yeah we have options. I really do believe we need to look at FA OLmen as well though.

I'm thinking either Albert or Oher. That kicks Pugh inside and now we just need 2 OLmen in the draft, maybe even 1 if we are willing to ride with Boothe for one more year.
The thing with Oher is he can't play LT. A whole book and movie about the blindside and this guy is a pure RT.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The thing with Oher is he can't play LT. A whole book and movie about the blindside and this guy is a pure RT.
I'm fine with that. I view Oher strictly as a RT anyway. And he'll be much cheaper than Albert bc of that.

I want a pass rusher in the draft if we can somehow get one. Barr would be a great consolation prize. Or just trade and get a ton of picks. There are going to be a lot of qb needy teams who would be interested in moving up this year.

That's of course if Clowney is off the board.

Quote:
I'm also giving up on Clowney, thus the Oline talk. After watching games this Sunday I think we win this Monday and at least split with the Redskins. 2 wins might be too many. Haha. I'm sure we can scratch out at least one other win somewhere too.
Keep faith bro. The suck is strong with this team.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:

Keep faith bro. The suck is strong with this team.
Yes and No. If we played like we did this past Thursday, we beat a few teams on this upcoming schedule.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yes and No. If we played like we did this past Thursday, we beat a few teams on this upcoming schedule.
Our problem has been turnovers all season. We beat Dallas and Chicago at the very least if we didn't turn it over so much. That's 2-4 instead of 0-6.

But right now it just seems like we're incapable of cutting down on the turnovers. I just need to see it first. I do think Minnesota is our first win of the season, but you never know.

The season is over for us, so I'm rooting for a competitive game but I really hope we keep our place in the Clowney sweepstakes.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We'll likely win 3 or 4 games. When Andre Brown comes back it should settle the running game even more.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-14-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Come on guys. Don't do this.

:(
Old 10-14-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Who's joining the #AStormIsComing movement this year with me?

We need something to root for guys. Be brave.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Who's joining the #AStormIsComing movement this year with me?

We need something to root for guys. Be brave.
The Rangers suck but I still don't think I can give any time to the NBA. Plus I'm hoping this is just new coach, new system, starting 9 games on the road slump for the Rangers.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NBA is fun haha. Knicks aren't going to do much this year though. At least not in the playoffs. BBD knows it deep down he just doesn't want to admit it to himself yet. There was nothing more depressing last year when we lost the Pacers and BBD became a realist and not a troll.

I think Beatty will be fine. He should be included in our future. He has to be. If he ends up sucking then we need to retool 4 out of 5 spots on the OL. That means we're in a much longer rebuilding project. He needs to work out.

And I do think he's been better these past couple games. Maybe he had an undisclosed injury early. Or maybe the light didn't go on. Who knows? I'm not giving up on him after a fewbad games. Honestly, outside a game and a half he hasn't been bad at all. It's just when he was bad he was REALLY bad like in the Panthers game. The whole OLine sucked dong then though.