Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-22-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do love what Beason has done so far. I'm in favor of re-signing him this offseason.

I think if McBride can keep progressing, and if Will Hill can keep his nose clean, we have some future pieces in the secondary:

Prince
McBride
Will Hill
Hoseley? Can't be trusted right now
TT? I'd bring him back for the vet minimum

We still need a S and a CB back there. We need 1 OLB preferably 2. I like our DTs. They're not pass rushers but they're great run stuffers. We quietly have a very good run defense this year. It's our pass defense that's atrocious.

So maybe a depth DT is in play but if we can re-sign Joseph and plug in Big Hank we'll be fine there.

We desperately need a DE.

So on defense I think DE, depth DT, 2 OLBs, S, and CB are in the works.

On offense, we need OL. I like Cox's potential. I say keep Connor at FB. We need a TE. I'm comfortable with our WRs. Ideally I'd like to keep Nicks.

So offensively I say RT, OG, and C. Move Pugh inside to LG.

So again, in FA, I'd like to see us bring in Albert or Oher if possible, that addresses 1 OL position. Ideally I want Albert, then slide Beatty to RT where he's better suited, and Pugh to LG, that's a pretty good start to fixing our OL.

I want Byrd at S, cut Rolle. Or restructure him to a manageable value.

And just draft and pray.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playoffs!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Barkely starts against us next week we win that. We're going to the playoffs this year boys.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
This win doesn't change anything for us. We are not going to the playoffs just because we won against these Vikings, with a bad QB who knew like 5 different pass plays and couldn't even execute them if he wanted.

I still see us winning maximum two more games. We could have very well lost this one too, if Cherles or what his name was didn't drop the surefire pick-six and fumbled the punt in consecutive plays. That was a 14 point swing right there, and I'm not sure if the team would have been able to respond to that adveristy, given our track record.

I think Eagles, Redskins x 2 and Raiders are the only remaining games we might be able to win. Let's say we win two of those and go 3-13. That is realistic from what I can tell.

Now let's look at our competition for the top picks:

Jags are going 0-16, maybe 1-15. They pick first.
No other team in the AFC are as bad as us. They will all get at least three wins, and probably four.

In the NFC our competitors are:
Vikings
Bucs
Redskins
Rams
Falcons

Bucs could very well end at anything from 0-16 to 5-11. They look like a horrible team, but at the same time have only lost one game by more than one possession. They keep games close, and I think they will pick up some wins. We are going to be close with them, but I don't think it will matter, because Schiano is getting fired, and a new coach will want someone else than glennon.

Rams looks like a tough competitor without Bradford. And their schedule is brutal. They only have two winnable games left, vs. the Bears without Cutler and vs. the Bucs. But they already have three wins. So I think we will finish with less wins than them.

The Vikings looks like a hot mess now. They will win no more than one more game this season if they don't make a QB change, or Josh Freeman by some miracle suddenly gets accurate and understands the playbook. I think they end up 2-14 and with the second pick.

The Redskins and Falcons should end up with more wins than us.

I see it shaping up something like this:

1st overall pick: Jags (0-16)
2nd overall pick: Vikings (2-14)
3rd overall pick: Giants (3-13)
4th overall pick: Bucs (3-13)
5: overall pick: Rams (4-12)

If so, we have to hope that the Vikings go for a QB (which they should), and that they don't trade out of the pick so they can get Clowney. I could see scenarioes where they would lure the giants into giving up picks to trade up to no.2 so we could secure Clowney, so as to not let someone else swoop in and get him from under our noses. And I would be OK with that, just as long as the pay isn't too steep. It's going to be close, but the way I see it we still have a good shot to pick top three overall.

I posted the Bucs schedule. I can't see them winning 3 games with a rookie QB and NO Doug Martin. If they win 3 games they should throw a team pizza party!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

NYG get on the playoff bandwagon with me. If BBD and Rose are going top 3 I'm going completely opposite for the next few weeks!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Glennon hasn't looked completely awful all the time. He'll put a game or two together. I mean Thad ******* lewis just won a game last weekend and that guy's beyond awful. Not everyone can be Gabbert bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What amazes me is we played down to the Vikings. Always play to the level of competition, they just happened to suck a lot more.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
NYG get on the playoff bandwagon with me. If BBD and Rose are going top 3 I'm going completely opposite for the next few weeks!
Lol, this will last a week before you're back on the Clowney train.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'll let Jim Mora Sr. answer your post.

Quote:
What’s that? Ah — Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game.

4-6 is my projection. I think we will be around there give or take 1 game either way. I think we can eek out 4 wins this season.

Oh by the way in other news, you guys may find this very surprising. I know I was shocked by this. Baas is hurt again. Man, who would have thought that? I know I was shocked by this injury..yet again.

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 10-22-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I do love what Beason has done so far. I'm in favor of re-signing him this offseason.

I think if McBride can keep progressing, and if Will Hill can keep his nose clean, we have some future pieces in the secondary:

Prince
McBride
Will Hill
Hoseley? Can't be trusted right now
TT? I'd bring him back for the vet minimum

We still need a S and a CB back there. We need 1 OLB preferably 2. I like our DTs. They're not pass rushers but they're great run stuffers. We quietly have a very good run defense this year. It's our pass defense that's atrocious.

So maybe a depth DT is in play but if we can re-sign Joseph and plug in Big Hank we'll be fine there.

We desperately need a DE.

So on defense I think DE, depth DT, 2 OLBs, S, and CB are in the works.

On offense, we need OL. I like Cox's potential. I say keep Connor at FB. We need a TE. I'm comfortable with our WRs. Ideally I'd like to keep Nicks.

So offensively I say RT, OG, and C. Move Pugh inside to LG.

So again, in FA, I'd like to see us bring in Albert or Oher if possible, that addresses 1 OL position. Ideally I want Albert, then slide Beatty to RT where he's better suited, and Pugh to LG, that's a pretty good start to fixing our OL.

I want Byrd at S, cut Rolle. Or restructure him to a manageable value.

And just draft and pray.
We do have a few needs. Joseph is a guy we should keep in my opinion.

I am working on an off season plan at the moment

I hope to have it completed for the bye week

Last edited by Big_Pete : 10-22-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Did we finally get a LB in Beason?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolle and Beason looked like the two best players on D last night. Followed by...Shaun Rodgers
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If he's healthy I think so. We just have to cross our fingers on that.

But we haven't seen a MIKE like that here in a LONG time. See how big of a difference he makes?
Old 10-22-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Linval was blowing things up last night also I thought. He doesn't get mentioned a lot but he just does everything really well. Rogers also good especially on the Rolle pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
If he's healthy I think so. We just have to cross our fingers on that.

But we haven't seen a MIKE like that here in a LONG time. See how big of a difference he makes?
It definitely makes one think. It's just impossible to have players everywhere and to me the DL and Secondary are more important. It's not like I don't think LB is a weakness on the team but as of now this looks like a #PowerMove from Reese.

I've been calling for LB's to be drafted for years now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
It definitely makes one think. It's just impossible to have players everywhere and to me the DL and Secondary are more important. It's not like I don't think LB is a weakness on the team but as of now this looks like a #PowerMove from Reese.

I've been calling for LB's to be drafted for years now.
The thing is we have drafted LBs. They just never worked out. I'm not necessarily asking for a 1st round LB but later round LBs have been available that we passed on and the ones we did draft have been misses.

We just need to do a better job of identifying talent at the LB position, I think our scouting department is weak in this area.

But for now, Beason helps address a major need at MIKE. Now we can draft an OLB and pray JWill puts it together (what's up with that? why isn't he playing all 3 downs?) and we'll be fine.

I also agree that DL and DB are more pressing needs so I highly doubt that I'll be clamoring for a LB in the first round this year.

I'm open to one in the 2nd and beyond though.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well never really drafted them high so thats why they don't work out. The 1st round LBs I loved over the last 10 years were Beason, Kuechly, and McClain. Whoopsies on that last one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...how did Beason go from being atrocious to really good?
Old 10-22-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I guess he was good but hurt with an achilles and knee. Now he seems healthy.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Doesn't make sense from the Carolina point of view though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Blackburn beat out Beason.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

So he miraculously got healthy in a month?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing is we have drafted LBs. They just never worked out. I'm not necessarily asking for a 1st round LB but later round LBs have been available that we passed on and the ones we did draft have been misses.

We just need to do a better job of identifying talent at the LB position, I think our scouting department is weak in this area.

But for now, Beason helps address a major need at MIKE. Now we can draft an OLB and pray JWill puts it together (what's up with that? why isn't he playing all 3 downs?) and we'll be fine.

I also agree that DL and DB are more pressing needs so I highly doubt that I'll be clamoring for a LB in the first round this year.

I'm open to one in the 2nd and beyond though.
It all depends on how the draft shakes out.

I wouldn't mind at all if we drafted Anthony Barr for example and used him in a Von Miller style of role.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
It all depends on how the draft shakes out.

I wouldn't mind at all if we drafted Anthony Barr for example and used him in a Von Miller style of role.
I consider Barr a pass rusher. Pass rushing OLBs and DEs are the same **** to me.

When I talk linebackers, I'm talking about ILBs or 4-3 OLBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
So...how did Beason go from being atrocious to really good?
I didn't trust his health. The guy is a hell of a player when healthy, but he's an injury concern every week. So far he's staying healthy and he's playing great. That and he is much better at MIKE than WILL.

Quote:
He wasn't a good OLB, and he was a FA at the end of the year and they had no plans of re-signing him. Why not get a draft pick out of him?

Makes sense from their standpoint.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It still doesn't make sense though. Blackburn beats out Beason in camp because Beason isn't fully healthy but Carolina should have realized this. We get him for pennies on the dollar and now he's all of a sudden 100% healthy in a matter of weeks?

sig by BoneKrusher