Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-28-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the game, defense looked good but we have to remember we were facing a 3rd string rookie after facing a inept Freeman last week.

Raiders actually seem to be a competitive team this year, and we are terrible out of byes, that game can tell us a lot.

Also love the DT depth this year, just love it. Shutting down rushers left and right. Also obviously I can't tell too much from where I was sitting (endzone seats, which were amazing by the way) but JPP's name seemed like it was being called a lot.

wtf special teams, Weatherford finally has some decent punts and then we almost cough up the game from another miscue. So ridiculous.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree about the inept QBs but 0 offensive points over 2 games is impressive no matter who the opponent is. Even the Jaguars manage to score a few points every game.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilbride has finally shortened up the passing game big time. We didn't even try to go deep that much yesterday that I recall.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I agree about the inept QBs but 0 offensive points over 2 games is impressive no matter who the opponent is. Even the Jaguars manage to score a few points every game.
Especially against the vaunted offensive mind of Chip Kelly!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-28-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did the OL look?
Old 10-28-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

A little better. Pugh screwed up on one play but they held up well. Honestly I wasnt watching the game as intently as normal though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-28-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Gilbride has finally shortened up the passing game big time. We didn't even try to go deep that much yesterday that I recall.
We did a few times but they seemed to be straight go routes that were 1 on 1 man. That could have been called at the line.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Especially against the vaunted offensive mind of Chip Kelly!
Well we have 2 games left with RGIII who in my opinion is as inept as they come when he has to play from behind. The key to beating the Redskins is getting points early.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think 8-8 takes the division?

I think the Vikings/Dallas game is huge. If they lose that then we have a legit chance if we keep winning (huge ifs obviously). But at least we have some hope now.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah 8-8 probably takes it. Griffin looked awful yesterday and it would be cool if Dez makes the Cowboys locker room go boom. I'm at 10% hopeful now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-28-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yeah 8-8 probably takes it. Griffin looked awful yesterday and it would be cool if Dez makes the Cowboys locker room go boom. I'm at 10% hopeful now.
The only difference between RGIII and Josh Freeman is that RGIII is, or at least was, an elite athlete. As far as pure passing, the are both pretty bad.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I missed all the games yesterday, I didn't get a chance to see RG3. Is it progression reading/defense reading/ protection adjustments etc that's the problem for RG3 or just inaccuracy?

Bc I think accuracy will come with more confidence in his health.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I missed all the games yesterday, I didn't get a chance to see RG3. Is it progression reading/defense reading/ protection adjustments etc that's the problem for RG3 or just inaccuracy?

Bc I think accuracy will come with more confidence in his health.
I didn't think he he was accurate when he was healthy last year. He bounces so many balls. Which is better than missing high because bouncing balls can't result in a pick, but still.

It's hard to tell on TV. He holds onto the ball way too long. And when he isn't healthy he doesn't have as much elusiveness. And he got hurt again although I don't think it was serious. Hard to tell if he came out for injury, performance, or a little of both.

When they have to come from behind and he has to become a pure passer, I just don't think they can win. The came was close for a while, but when the lead grew for the Broncos it just kept on growing because he was awful. But the Broncos are a great second half team.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our OL wasn't much good but we shortened our drops and routes to hide them a lot, and they did fine in the running game. If Gilbride keeps this up our oL may just build some chemistry and not suck completely. Cordle's looking like he could be solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm telling ya, we should make a strong push for Brandon Albert in the offseason. Put Albert at LT, move Beatty to RT, Pugh to LG, if Cordle continues to develop keep him at Center and draft a RG sometime in the draft and we're golden along the OL.

Then draft a mid round RB to compete with Wilson, Brown and Cox and our offense will be back to normal.

On defense if we can draft a CB, re-sign Beason, draft an OLB, and a pass rusher, we'll be back.

I'm crossing my fingers with TT. It sounds like he had a great game and looks great so far. I really hope he can make the comback. That would be SO huge for us if he could.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Beason really really settled the LB corps. Beason/Williams/Rivers/Paysinger all looked pretty good.

Hill and Rolle were excellent yesterday! Rolle has really stepped it up the last 2 games.

Still not much of a pass rush but Tuck and JPP both played run well yesterday.

I said all offseason how much I loved bringing in these DT's to stop the run and that it would help out the D and so far it has! We need to re-sign Linval.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-28-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most important thing is that we're not turning the ball over
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you guys think 8-8 takes the division?

I think the Vikings/Dallas game is huge. If they lose that then we have a legit chance if we keep winning (huge ifs obviously). But at least we have some hope now.
Weren't you the one who told me we stink and show no signs of anything so even 4 games was tough? Now you're saying 8 games?!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Is Eli trigger shy though? Why 5 field goals? Is he hesitating with his reads and his keys?

No turnovers are fine but if it's at the expense of Eli waiting for guys to make their breaks before he releases the ball then that's a problem too.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Weren't you the one who told me we stink and show no signs of anything so even 4 games was tough? Now you're saying 8 games?!
Well now that Clowney seems like a lost proposition I need something else to root for.

You think I'd get excited about drafting a ******* LT? Just watch how furious I get on draft day when we're stupid enough to win enough games to lose Clowney but not enough to make the playoffs.

JUST WATCH!!!!!

</3
Old 10-28-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Is Eli trigger shy though? Why 5 field goals? Is he hesitating with his reads and his keys?

No turnovers are fine but if it's at the expense of Eli waiting for guys to make their breaks before he releases the ball then that's a problem too.
Penalties hurt us on a few of the drives in the redzone. Eli missed Nicks just a bit long on one. Led him too far to the corner.

And let's be real. We still can't run. We run best out of shotgun when we spread out the field, but it's hard to do that when there is less field to defend.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Not having a redzone TE probably hurts us a lot too. Myers sucks balls, and he's not a redzone threat either.

He's like a white Travis Beckum.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well now that Clowney seems like a lost proposition I need something else to root for.

You think I'd get excited about drafting a ******* LT? Just watch how furious I get on draft day when we're stupid enough to win enough games to lose Clowney but not enough to make the playoffs.

JUST WATCH!!!!!

</3
We are out of Clowney range now man. 2 wins puts us behind Jags, Bucs, and Vikings. Now a lot of teams are bunched with us. Raiders in 2 weeks too. That should seal the deal.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

I would be too if the fools I am throwing stop on routes, and run the wrong adjustments. Notice RR wasn't fed as much. Stick to Cruz, Myers, and Nicks. We implemented a dink and dunk passing game which I love. A lot more throws to Fbs and Rbs. Finally, someone adjusted. No more screw it, I am going deep, mentality.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I would be too if the fools I am throwing stop on routes, and run the wrong adjustments. Notice RR wasn't fed as much. Stick to Cruz, Myers, and Nicks. We implemented a dink and dunk passing game which I love. A lot more throws to Fbs and Rbs. Finally, someone adjusted. No more screw it, I am going deep, mentality.
But now defenses will adjust. So then we have to counter adjust. You know how it is, football is a game of adjustments.

Teams will play coverages to counter the short passing game. That's when we have to use more deep routes again and trust our players to run it properly and the protections to hold up.

We can't dink and dunk forever. It's only a bandaid solution.

I want to see more pistol, more crossing routes, more rub routes, more free release formations, more bunch formations, more creativity. Our scheme is so dull and dated.