Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-28-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Brown getting back will help out the red zone game also. He was a monster down there last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
But now defenses will adjust. So then we have to counter adjust. You know how it is, football is a game of adjustments.

Teams will play coverages to counter the short passing game. That's when we have to use more deep routes again and trust our players to run it properly and the protections to hold up.

We can't dink and dunk forever. It's only a bandaid solution.

I want to see more pistol, more crossing routes, more rub routes, more free release formations, more bunch formations, more creativity. Our scheme is so dull and dated.
That's fine. We still will go deep to keep them honest. However, dink and dunk is hard to stop especially if we are sticking to running the ball. A play action pass can go deep now or just go for 10-15 yards.

It's not a bandaid it's smart because our OL stinks and our WRs are hanging Eli out to dry. I am ready for both changes in scheme. At least we are not trying to go deep with 7 step drops anymore.

Our red zone offense still stinks. We need to run more horizontal stretch concepts to the pileon like other teams do. Stop with the dopey fade to Nicks or stop forcing it to him just so he can get a TD pass.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well now that Clowney seems like a lost proposition I need something else to root for.

You think I'd get excited about drafting a ******* LT? Just watch how furious I get on draft day when we're stupid enough to win enough games to lose Clowney but not enough to make the playoffs.

JUST WATCH!!!!!

</3
How about an Anthony Barr or CJ Mosley?

There is plenty of depth in this draft.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Andre Brown getting back will help out the red zone game also. He was a monster down there last year.
A backfield of Brown, Jacobs, Hillis and Cox is pretty physical behind Conners at FB.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hillis is garbage and needs to be cut.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's actually been great in pass protection and does well catching the ball out of the backfield which I was surprised about. He's a huge dick but he's certainly earned some playing time here as our possible 3rd down back when Brown returns. I don't think we see Wilson anymore this year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 10-28-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is he a dick? I must of missed this.

I actually think he brings more then Jacobs right now, Jacobs is the better runner, but ideally Brown shoulders the load there while Hillis continues to play on 3rd downs. Jacobs has proven to be a terrible reciever while Hillis at least catches whats thrown at him.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, if he was a fullback sure. The fact Hillis is getting like 18-20 carries a game is terrible. He is a terrible runner.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, if he was a fullback sure. The fact Hillis is getting like 18-20 carries a game is terrible. He is a terrible runner.
but he is a decent receiver out of the backfield
Old 10-28-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I like that he knows what he is though. He hits hole or line or whatever is there. If it's only one yard, it's only one yard. But he isn't trying to bounce it to the outside like Jacobs or Cox.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Wilson is too good of a running back for us to take him out of the cold completely for a third down back with our OL the way it is. We have to run the ball with the adjustments we've made to the passing game. Wilson, Brown, Jacobs or Hillis to block and maybe cox if he forces us to keep 4 RBs, I figure injuries will prevent all from being healthy at the same time but Wilson just gives us too much on the ground to not use at all because of his blocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I like that he knows what he is though. He hits hole or line or whatever is there. If it's only one yard, it's only one yard. But he isn't trying to bounce it to the outside like Jacobs or Cox.
I agree. Hillis is slow and has no moves but his job is to be a battering ram. We used to run tosses with Jacobs and go east/west and go no where. I'd rather let Jacobs go when Brown comes back. I want to see how Wilson, Brown and Hillis do with this short passing game. I like that Hillis has much better hands then Jacobs and can do some things. I am interested to see Wilson catch the ball more under this current adjustment to our offense.

Jacobs had 1 good game and the fool tweaked his hammy yet again. He always had lower leg issues with us. Either knee or hammy. I think though TC to loyal to people so we probably keep everyone and let someone else go.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

As of now, Draft order

http://www.bucsnation.com/pages/nfl-draft-order-2014

Quote:
Pick Team W-L SoS
1 JAX 0 - 8 67 - 51
2 TB 0 - 7 67 - 52
3 MIN 1 - 6 63 - 56
4 NYG 2 - 6 65 - 54
5 PIT 2 - 5 61 - 59
6 WSH 2 - 5 63 - 59
7 ATL 2 - 5 62 - 55
8 HOU 2 - 5 66 - 53
9 PHI 3 - 5 57 - 63
10 BUF 3 - 5 60 - 60
11 CLE* 3 - 5 61 - 59
12 MIA* 3 - 4 61 - 59
Old 10-29-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I took Wilson out of the equation because I think the injury keeps him out all year.

I want to keep all 4 backs at this moment. Jacobs still does things well and we can really batter the crap out of other teams with the 3 bigger backs. Jacobs loves being a Giant and it shows.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 10-29-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit man, if we just beat Chicago I'm seriously thinking about the playoffs bc we're 3-5 and 1 game out of the division.

Now we have to hope 8-8 is enough, bc there's no way we run the table. We'll lose at least 2 games even if we play up to our abilities.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Dammit man, if we just beat Chicago I'm seriously thinking about the playoffs bc we're 3-5 and 1 game out of the division.

Now we have to hope 8-8 is enough, bc there's no way we run the table. We'll lose at least 2 games even if we play up to our abilities.
Not for nothing but Chi, KC, Den, and Dal all could have been wins but now we need to lie in the bed they made. I still think it's going to be incredibly tough but I have hope. I wasn't kidding when I started the playoff thing after the Minny victory.

I hope we make the year fun even if we end up short.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not for nothing but Chi, KC, Den, and Dal all could have been wins but now we need to lie in the bed they made. I still think it's going to be incredibly tough but I have hope. I wasn't kidding when I started the playoff thing after the Minny victory.

I hope we make the year fun even if we end up short.
I've accepted the fact that Clowney won't be a Giant, so at this point we might as well root for it.

We have to be the biggest Viking fans in the world this week for us to have any hope. Does anyone know what Dallas' second half schedule looks like?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with GF on this, just thinking about Myers brick hands in the Chicago game pisses me off. We lost our first 6 games, we'll have to deal with it.

Has to be one game at a time though. Root hard for the Vikings this week, as much as I want the Chargers and Raiders to win as well, we actually kind of need the division to stay competitive to every team fights hard when they play division games.

Then we need to beat the Raiders. We are TERRIBLE after bye weeks, so we need that one step before we think of anything else. Pryor doesn't look bad, its going to be a tough game.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

BBD - 3 division games, New Orleans, Green Bay and Chicago. They don't have a cake walk schedule
Old 10-29-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

They have it easier than us still which is why I'm hoping for an implosion. Not "easy" though.

Wk 9 Vikings
Wk 10 @Saints
Wk 11 BYE
Wk 12 @ Giants
Wk 13 Raiders
Wk 14 @ Bears
Wk 15 Packers
Wk 16 @ Redskins
Wk 17 Eagles

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I'm with GF on this, just thinking about Myers brick hands in the Chicago game pisses me off. We lost our first 6 games, we'll have to deal with it.

Has to be one game at a time though. Root hard for the Vikings this week, as much as I want the Chargers and Raiders to win as well, we actually kind of need the division to stay competitive to every team fights hard when they play division games.

Then we need to beat the Raiders. We are TERRIBLE after bye weeks, so we need that one step before we think of anything else. Pryor doesn't look bad, its going to be a tough game.
You're 100% right about this but I'm throwing all old quirks for this team out the window. We usually have a great record at this point also and that isn't the case now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Dammit, I see 3 losses for them in there. That's 9-7. We need them to lose 1 more to have a chance.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Of course the one year we are terrible the division is also terrible. Why can't they just let us suck in peace!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Right?!

Typical Giants. They're pulling me back in. Only to break my heart soon enough.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They have it easier than us still which is why I'm hoping for an implosion. Not "easy" though.

Wk 9 Vikings
Wk 10 @Saints
Wk 11 BYE
Wk 12 @ Giants
Wk 13 Raiders
Wk 14 @ Bears
Wk 15 Packers
Wk 16 @ Redskins
Wk 17 Eagles
We need them to lose to one of the Eagles or Skins. Still a long shot but the best we can hope for is to finish with the same record and get through on tiebreakers. They are already 3-0 in the division.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote