Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-29-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's brutal for us, their division record probably means we need them to go 7-9 bc if we're both 8-8 chances are they have the better division record.

Either that or you hope they go 8-8 and we go 9-7 which means only 1 loss in the next 8 games. Incredibly difficult to do.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I like that he knows what he is though. He hits hole or line or whatever is there. If it's only one yard, it's only one yard. But he isn't trying to bounce it to the outside like Jacobs or Cox.
What? You like RBs who have no vision and are terrible at running the ball? I don't understand this.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
What? You like RBs who have no vision and are terrible at running the ball? I don't understand this.
Does he have no vision? I guess. I can't fairly judge him running behind our line at the moment. But there was a reason he wasn't in the league until 2 weeks ago. I like that he doesn't try to be something he's not. He understands what he is and what he isn't. Or at least he seems to. That's something that Jacobs really never has. I like him as a third down back. And a 4th quarter back. To punish the other team when they start getting tired.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our run game blows balls anyway. The only RB who won't blow is Andre Brown when he comes back. Cox isn't ready yet. Jacobs has some juice but he's unreliable. Hillis' legs are just shot.

So as far as I'm concerned, I don't care if you suck at running, just pass protect and save Eli from dying. That's all. Which probably means Brown, Jacobs, and Hillis all see the field before Cox.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Media day today:

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...2&posted=1#end
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't like what Pope had to say about Adrien Robinson. Ughh.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Dammit, I see 3 losses for them in there. That's 9-7. We need them to lose 1 more to have a chance.
This Dallas, the Vikings is the one game from that list that they should absolutely win, so it's probably gunna be the one they drop, but I don't see them beating New Orleans or Green Bay, and if cutler's back chicago, while the divisional match ups are a toss up and oakland's dangerous for a bad team.

I can see Dallas with anything under 9 wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This really is a pivotal game for Dallas. At 4-4 their season can go two ways here. And if it starts going bad for them, it can snowball. They haven't shown to ever have the type character or leadership to prevent that. From the coach, to players, to the owner.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Didn't like what Pope had to say about Adrien Robinson. Ughh.
Sounds like we can't rely on him moving forward. TE should be a need this year.

And if he does give us something, then great, 2 TE sets will be solid. But right now he's not reliable and they can't go into next season thinking he's the future starter.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
This really is a pivotal game for Dallas. At 4-4 their season can go two ways here. And if it starts going bad for them, it can snowball. They haven't shown to ever have the type character or leadership to prevent that. From the coach, to players, to the owner.
I don't know. I'm not ready to say all that yet. Let's see how they look 3 games from now.

If we're gonna be real about it, they're better than us in almost every way so far this season so we can't really say **** yet if at all.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love for AD to just win this game for the Vikings. After that they'll lose to the saints and go into their bye on a crippling losing streak with just a 1 game lead on the division. If we cap that off by beating them after the bye they c would crumble.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I don't know. I'm not ready to say all that yet. Let's see how they look 3 games from now.

If we're gonna be real about it, they're better than us in almost every way so far this season so we can't really say **** yet if at all.
If they lose it, I should say. I'm not predicting them to lose but if they lose to the Vikings, I think I can say plenty. Back breaking loss last week, followed by a loss to a terrible Vikings team. Can't wait to hear Dez after that.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Don't do this to me guys. Just 2 weeks ago I was tweeting egg plants to Clowney.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
If they lose it, I should say. I'm not predicting them to lose but if they lose to the Vikings, I think I can say plenty. Back breaking loss last week, followed by a loss to a terrible Vikings team. Can't wait to hear Dez after that.
Specially with a game against New Orleans that could get ugly for the cowboys if they're starting to hang their heads. If they blow this game the cowboys will have a recipe for disaster heading into their bye.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Don't do this to me guys. Just 2 weeks ago I was tweeting egg plants to Clowney.
Reese is going to sign MacK and Albert so we can trade all of the picks for Clowney!

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds like we can't rely on him moving forward. TE should be a need this year.

And if he does give us something, then great, 2 TE sets will be solid. But right now he's not reliable and they can't go into next season thinking he's the future starter.
I take this back. The tweets from the media were much worse off than what Pope really said.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If we were 3-5 right now instead of 2-6 I'd be downright giddy about our playoff chances. This 1 game is going to be killer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want to see how their Oline goes without Brian Waters.

Combine that with banged up Ware and Murray plus the Dez sideshow..

Jerry Jones's comments that Deion Sanders stopping megatron..

All is not well at valley ranch, there are some cracks at the seams
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It could get very interesting in the next month..

Week 9, we have bye, Dallas play Vikings (home)
if Dallas they win they are 5-4

Week 10, we play Oakland (home), Dallas play New Orleans (away)
if we win and Dallas lose -> we are 3-6, they win they are 5-5

Week 11, we play Green Bay (home), Dallas has bye
if we win, we are 4-6

suddenly the game becomes huge:

Week 12, we play Dallas (home)
if we win, both teams are 5-6 - plus if we win by 5+ we get tie breaker

like it or not, we have a legit playoff shot. We just need to take it one game at a time, but opportunity is definately on the table.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm curious to see how Cordle does for the rest of the season. I said in the PS that I thought he had promise, and so far he's growing with each start. I know I was in the minority with that opinion, but he shown flashes in the PS. Flashes followed by a lot of crap, but there were flashes.

If he can continue to develop and solidify the C position for us, that's huge. One less OLmen to worry about.

I'm still all aboard the Brandon Albert train this offseason. If we get Albert and Cordle develops 4/5 of our OL is solved.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

We still need plenty of depth at O-line though. 4/5 of the starters might be solved but we need serviceable depth. Not someone like Brewer.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
We still need plenty of depth at O-line though. 4/5 of the starters might be solved but we need serviceable depth. Not someone like Brewer.
Yeah, but at least it pushes back the need to round 3 or something. They'll keep Moseley another year and hope he improves, they'll probably re-sign Boothe for cheap bc he's a serviceable backup, that is enough for the interior OL.

Then we draft a development backup OT in the mid rounds and we're ok depth wise.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think Pugh has the body type to play G the more I think about it. I don't know if we're going to be able to swing Beatty to RT even though I'd love to bring Albert in here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-30-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Apparently he put on 10 lbs and is up to 310 now. Pugh should be fine inside if we need to move him there.

I'm not a huge PFF guy, but according to their grades he's been doing well lately and is improving with each game.

If we can't get Albert, and we're married to Beatty at LT, then maybe we take a look at Oher at RT. It's not as guaranteed though bc there's no telling if Oher leaves the Ravens. They may work out an extension.

Albert leaving KC is almost a forgone conclusion at this point.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nor do I believe we paid Beatty that much to play RT. I think our bookends are set, for better or for worse I am not sure.

Unfortunately the FA market looks terrible for G's and C's

Damix is offline   Reply With Quote