Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-30-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Nor do I believe we paid Beatty that much to play RT. I think our bookends are set, for better or for worse I am not sure.

Unfortunately the FA market looks terrible for G's and C's

We paid McKenzie something similar to play RT. At least if you count for the inflation of contracts over the last 8 years. I agree we paid Beatty to be a LT but we've carried a RT with a decent salary before.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why I think we should be open to the idea of moving Pugh inside. Bc the market is so terrible for interior OLmen in FA. I rather get Albert (unlikely but we should do it) or Oher and move Pugh inside.

I think Beatty's performance will improve with more stability at LG as well.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm curious to see how Cordle does for the rest of the season. I said in the PS that I thought he had promise, and so far he's growing with each start. I know I was in the minority with that opinion, but he shown flashes in the PS. Flashes followed by a lot of crap, but there were flashes.

If he can continue to develop and solidify the C position for us, that's huge. One less OLmen to worry about.

I'm still all aboard the Brandon Albert train this offseason. If we get Albert and Cordle develops 4/5 of our OL is solved.

Um no. No freaking Cordle! Wonder why they are A gap blitzing us. Because of the dumb, dumber, and dumbest blocking for us. The front 3 need to get fixed especially center. Cordle is a depth guy hanging on because we don't want to move boothe there because guard gets exposed there. So he has the position by default.

We have a 100 million dollar investment with no running skills there. We need to upgrade the OL and not be cheap. Albert has back issues from what I talked to KC fans. I'd rather draft our OT and other spots. Home grown players that will be here. Not some 28 year old OT with back issues. That's the last thing we need is for him to miss games with a back issue and end up being the Baas of OT.

No, we will do this properly, and actually draft OL players.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprise surprise, NYG wants us to draft a bunch of offense.

No.

We're getting a pass rusher in round 1 and you'll like it.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we do need OL badly. Let's not forget with the draft moved back to May now we'll have a much better idea of what we'll do in the draft because FA will practically be over by that point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just need to sign Mack away from the collapsing Browns the way we did O'Hara. Double win, fixes the giants and **** Cleveland, which is always an admirable goal. :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T2 named NFL DPOW. Awesome to see his recovery.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-30-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Don't jinx it!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I intend to scout heavily some OL guys this year. It's kind of fun to do too.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm not jinxing anything. I'm stating a fact haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-30-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm not jinxing anything. I'm stating a fact haha.
Watch him tear his ACL again now :(
Old 10-30-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I hate offense. We need pass rushers. We need an outside linebacker. We need a CB, we need a Safety.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need pass rushers and a corner, but we need some OL to. And I'm fine with Hill/Brown/Rolle at safety.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I love Will Hill and have been beating his drum ever since we got him, but I don't know if we can trust him. The man has been suspended 8 games in 2 years. How reliable is he?

And his rapsheet is long and distinguished. I don't know if we can go into a season trusting him without an adequate backup plan.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Rolle might be a cap casualty this offseason as well. We might only have Hill and Brown for next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-30-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

I think Rolle restructures, and Jill's rap sheet is why brown staying healthy would be huge. Plus if the CB we add does awesome TT, if he's still walking, can fill in at S to. I'd love a safety to, but OL, pass rush and corners are the priorities for me. Over S, LB and TE.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Rolle doesnt like changing his contract ever. It's a known stigma with him. He certainly can decide to do it for the first time ever but we'll have to see. Going on that information I think we cut him.

Reese just said on Francesa that he plans on having Beatty at LT and Pugh at RT for the long haul.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-30-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Cause he knows we're getting Mack. O'Hara's probably already been sent on secret missions to whisper into Mack's ear all of the ways NYC is better than Cleveland while he sleeps.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We're not getting Mack. If you want to dream, dream that we get Joe Haden.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well now you're just making me regret wearing pajama pants while I run my errands. Hopefully the checkout girl is suitably impressed.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Surprise surprise, NYG wants us to draft a bunch of offense.

No.

We're getting a pass rusher in round 1 and you'll like it.
Sorry, you had your toys and they all broke. You will get offense because this league is based all round offense. You will sit tight as we draft a developmental LB who will get cut in 2 years, and not complain about it. And if, and I mean a big IF you're good, I will take a picture of a Clowney Jersey and email it to you so you can hang or make as your desktop.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You got your first round OL this year. Back to the cave for the next 5!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
You got your first round OL this year. Back to the cave for the next 5!
I am not sure a first round OL is likely, but if it is clearly the best player, then perhaps.

I think we are pretty happy with Pugh, he has shown potential and will develop.

The reality is that there are questions going forward about all three of our interior positions. These will be addressed in some capacity over the offseason.

We could move Pugh inside or resign Boothe and move him to Center. If we can get them healthy could/should Baas, Snee or Diehl return (likely close to vet minumum). If healthy can we move Snee to Center? There is plenty of options and cap room for something to happen in free agency. Along with that the OT and OG draft classes are stacked.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haden is not a free agent until 2015

here is his contract details

7/31/2010: Signed a five-year, $42.2 million contract. The deal contains $25.6 million guaranteed, including a $12 million signing bonus and a second-year roster bonus of $4 million. An annual $200,000 workout bonus is available in years two through five. Another $8 million is available through incentives. 2013: $6,936,429, 2014: $6,678,193, 2015: Free Agent
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

#TheStormHasPassed

#2ndRdBoot

sig by BoneKrusher