Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-31-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randle has been disappointing this year. I hope he turns around it quick so I don't feel nervous without Nicks in the future.

I'm a little leery on Coleman right now. I don't know whats wrong with him but he hasn't played well, looks lackadaisical, and frankly he's not worth a top 4 round pick at this moment even with his measurables. He might have to go back to Rutgers to build his stock back up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nova.

That's why.

If he falls to the 3rd round it would be theft at that point.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No it's not Nova believe me. I promise you it's not. It's his knee. Nova was the same last year and Coleman still played really well and looked the part. This year it's neither.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-31-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah well in this system we're going to need to worry about that with Randle. I feel like you either pick it up quick or you never do. I think Mario is the only WR we've had who slowly came along in our system. Everyone else was either good out of the gate or never did anything big.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-31-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well not to be a hater but I did really dislike the Wilson/Randle draft. In fact I hated both picks and slowly came around on Wilson after I saw him but I'm down on him again. Randle can get by on talent alone but I don't know if he thrives here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-31-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Haven't heard anything on Massie but looking at ESPN Cardinals Depth Chart he's the backup RT.

You're right on Hill but we knew he was so raw it would take him time to get NFL ready and he had no QB last year and barely has one this year. I'd think he would look a little better here. Sanu would have beasted in our system.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-31-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah well in this system we're going to need to worry about that with Randle. I feel like you either pick it up quick or you never do. I think Mario is the only WR we've had who slowly came along in our system. Everyone else was either good out of the gate or never did anything big.
Nicks improved tremendously from when he first started in this offense to where he is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wasn't thrilled with the draft. I think I gave it a C+. I did like Randle though.

How is Bobby Massie doing btw? I remember we all were begging for him.

We whiffed on Stephen Hill so far too.
I wanted Cordy Glenn in the first and Hill in the second that draft. Although I was cool with Randle as an alternative to hill. I like Wilson more than many as I've really warmed to him. But I still wish we had drafted Glenn. With Glenn, Beatty and Pugh our OL would be easy to make awesome. Still though Wilson is one hell of a runner when we can not get completely pushed around up front.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

I didn't like Lavonte David very much, too stiff. But Cordy Glenn and Stephen Hill were my two favorites that year, chandler Jones was #3, although I expected all three to be picked before we got a shot at them. Then when we passed on two of the three prospects I loved but figured we don't have a shot at for a RB I raged so hard. But David's convinced me in his raw ability. If the kid could just pull an Ahmad and go from sucking as a blocker to being awesome at it over night, we'd be talking about the best RB we've had this century.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sanu and Barden are totally different. Totally!

Loved Kendricks also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-31-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Nicks improved tremendously from when he first started in this offense to where he is now.
He improved statistically but in his rookie year he didn't have that many problems system wise. When he because more of a focal point of our offense his numbers got better. His rookie year was still very good and much better than any other WR we've brought in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-31-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Glenn a lot too. Although, realistically, I don't think anyone thought he could be a stud LT. That was extremely unexpected.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yea nobody saw Glenn being this good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-31-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

For the NFL/Giants historians here:

http://nypost.com/2013/10/31/why-tom...-a-giants-fan/

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-31-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a good article on Justin Pugh
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...top_picks.html

For the record, I think we are better keeping him at RT and bring in some maulers for the interior.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Even if Glenn didn't turn into this beastly LT that he is, he was gunna make an amazing RT or Guard, and we could use him at either spot. With Beatty and Pugh as well, we'd have a really good OL, even with Cordle and Booty filling the other two starting spots.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My current thinking for our oline is with Pugh and Beatty, we are reasonably set at OT.

resign Boothe, either at LG or C.

sign one free agent lineman, ideally Alex Mack if he shakes loose
(remember the Oline franchise tag value was $9.66m this year, so unless they are willing to frachise Mack, he could be available. It is worth noting that the Browns have around $12.8m currently in cap room, they could have extended Mack if they wanted.)

Otherwise look for a free agent guard with Boothe at center

then look at a guard in the draft, perhaps someone like Cyril Richardson, Xaviar Sua-Fili, Gabe Jackson or Dave Yankey in the second round.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Why limit ourselves? Beatty can be a quality piece for us at either tackle spot, pugh can be a quality piece for us at either RT or guard, Bootey can be a meh starter for us at center or preferably guard, and cordle or mosley could become meh starters at center or guard respectively. That gives us a lot of flexibility to adjust since we need an FA and a 2nd rounder, that can come in the form of an OT who kicks beatty to the right and pugh into guard, a center like mack who'd be ideal, or a guard to slide in next to one of our OTs. Right now we just need somebody good, and really we need two somebodies.

Ideally we sign Mack and draft a guard in the second as centers and guards are usually much better values in FA and high in the draft, but if we end up with a tackle and an interior guy I won't complain.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 07:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beatty and Pugh I am fine with. Baas and Snee will be interesting because of their contract and restructures. I would let Boothe go if he wants to be a starter and keep Cordle as a backup. Be aggressive and build this OL.

I do like Barr too. So let's see what happens.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Apparently Matt McCants is killing it in Oakland as the starting RT. Did we fail in development?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah he was super terrible. Can't even fault anyone here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Barr translate to a 43? I am starting to want to get in that bandwagon.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think so. 3-4 OLB. Maybe in a Wide 9 he could play DE in 4-3.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-02-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

If we fire Fewell Barr could be nasty in the Von Miller role, under a DC like...spags...

Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've soured a little on Spags, to be honest. I think we hold him up very high on the pedestal. He was still amazing for us but he really has not had success anywhere else he has gone. I know some of that may be because of a lack of talent but he did have a ton of talent here.