Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-22-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok no more of this garbage.

How much money should we pay Beason? I'm thinking 8 years $100 million with a $60 million signing bonus?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't trust his knees but I think we can do a reasonable 3 year contract with a 4th year option.

Maybe 3.5 mill a year?
Old 11-22-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah they'll definitely have to protect themselves. I don't think $3.5 gets it done though. That seems low for an All Pro LB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe then can work out a deal like TT? A one year deal to protect them from injury that can turn into a bigger multi year deal.

Beason seems reasonable and he wants to stay.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a mutual interest to get this done. I don't see us breaking the bank for him with his injury history, but we'll sign him to a reasonable contract.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I don't think he's going to want an outrageous amount of money but they'll just have to be careful. It might also be a Myers type deal where essentially it's a bunch of 1 year contracts.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I want to punch Myers in the face.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I thought he had his best game as a Giant against the Packers but yes. I'm excited to see Pettigrew next year as you mentioned. It makes all the sense in the world for what we do.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just dislike how everyone sucks on the collective ***** of Apple and Steve Jobs. Also I'm atheist.
Other people's silliness is a silly reason not to enjoy a quality product. I love apple stuff because it's been awesome for me, convenient and durable, **** everybody else. That bit was a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I thought he had his best game as a Giant against the Packers but yes. I'm excited to see Pettigrew next year as you mentioned. It makes all the sense in the world for what we do.
Badass blocker with epic drops, yep that does sound an awful lot like black unicorn 2.0 to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 11-22-2013 at 09:08 AM.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Webster coming back from his long vacation and grace us, by playing this Sunday? I didn't see anything on this.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Everyone is available it seems. Will be interesting to see the inactives on Sunday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Everyone practicing again today! Wooooo.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I use an iPhone Forenci! Smart phones are personal preference, I've used all of them (as in everyday use, not just picked up an played with) and I always go back to the iPhone. I'm also probably the most technically sound person on this board so I don't get the whole android is better for people who know technology argument either.
Haha, I was just messing with BBD because it was fun and he does the same to me. I personally do not care what phone people use. It's often just fun to poke at Apple users because they get super defensive when anyone tries to HINT at the idea it may not be the best product in the universe. It's like when I complain that my iPhone has issues BBD seems to think it's me saying Apple has committed a war crime, when in reality I'm just bitching because of a phone issue. Although, for what you get, Mac products are typically WAY overpriced.

Also, I am cool with offering Beason a solid deal. Means we can bypass drafting a LB until later.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webster out sunday as per Orr. So another day Mr. Webster has off on his long vacation.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Webster out sunday as per Orr. So another day Mr. Webster has off on his long vacation.
Hmm very weird. He looks fine and was playing the first few games.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Webster is done. Love the guy, but his career is over. It's kind of scary how our secondary could potentially shape up in the future.

Prince
Thomas?
Hoseley?
McBride?
Will Hill?
Rolle?

Really the only reliable guy is Prince. Scary scary thought.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Prince, Thomas, McBride is a good start. Hill and Brown will be S next year. Rolle probably cut unfortunately. Hosley I loved at the time and Ive not yet given up hope but he needs to look good next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Thomas is always going to be a question mark bc of his knee. McBride looks decent but is very limited, Hill is a wild card bc you just never know what the offseason holds for him. Hoseley is always hurt. Brown is coming off an ACL.

It's just really dicey. It can all work out, but at the same time it can all fall flat on it's face.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I want a DB on day two, if we can get a stud de in the first, and an interior OL and a DB on day two, I'd be ecstatic, especially if we can sign an OL and DB in FA as well.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

A week's worth of bold words from the New York Giants wrapped up with cornerback Terrell Thomas guaranteeing a victory over the Dallas Cowboys at MetLife Stadium on Sunday.

"No doubt we're going to win this game," Thomas said Friday on Sirius XM NFL radio. "You can tell them, put it on a bulletin-board – it doesn't matter, because we have to win this game. Our season is on the line right now."

The Giants' trash talk started minutes after they extended their winning streak to four games with a 27-13 victory Sunday over the Green Bay Packers. New York defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul threw the first verbal punch at the Cowboys.

"We're going to put it on them, man," Pierre-Paul said. "I'm pretty sure the offense is going to get going. The defense is going to get going even more. And the special teams will contribute to it.

"It's going to be a fight. It's going to be a dogfight. There's going to be a lot of blood spilled out there."

The boys know what's up

Quote:
Old 11-23-2013, 06:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Webster is done. Love the guy, but his career is over. It's kind of scary how our secondary could potentially shape up in the future.

Prince
Thomas?
Hoseley?
McBride?
Will Hill?
Rolle?

Really the only reliable guy is Prince. Scary scary thought.
Yeah well I like Rolle and Hill. Hosley is a china doll too. Webster is done. We need to go CB shopping in the off season. Let go of 40 year old Ross. I agree with you on TT. Let's hope year 2 after his injury he feels strong enough to get better and trust his knee even more.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

So pumped for tomorrow. I'm happy our Giants gave us a season. I couldn't take this top 5 pick nonsense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-24-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
So pumped for tomorrow. I'm happy our Giants gave us a season. I couldn't take this top 5 pick nonsense.
BBD could and he had pre ordered his Clowney Jersey. Some unconfirmed reports had him already on line for draft day. However, these reports are unconfirmed still.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
BBD could and he had pre ordered his Clowney Jersey. Some unconfirmed reports had him already on line for draft day. However, these reports are unconfirmed still.
Haha good point! He'll have to get the Jax one I guess.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-24-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Haha good point! He'll have to get the Jax one I guess.
Shh, you will just enable the poor guy. I think I'd die laughing come draft they day they show a tv shot of the crowd and good ole BBD with a Giants hat and Clowney Jags jersey on, screaming go Giants!

Now that would be epic! Do it BBD! Do it!