Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-16-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
I just don't know with Nicks. I'm fine with letting him walk, which surprises me, but I also can't help but can't shake the feeling he's going to have a big bounce back year next season
Some guys need a change of scenery sometimes. John Abraham towards the end of his time with the Jets was getting constantly dinged up. Not so much once he left for Atlanta and now Arizona. Frank Gore's college career was defined by one heartbreaking knee injury after another, and look at him as a pro.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Some guys need a change of scenery sometimes. John Abraham towards the end of his time with the Jets was getting constantly dinged up. Not so much once he left for Atlanta and now Arizona. Frank Gore's college career was defined by one heartbreaking knee injury after another, and look at him as a pro.
Yeah, but I think he some sort of change a new scheme that let him focus more on playing than thinking would rejuvenate him as well. That's why I said a change of scenery or a change of scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I normally agree that top 10 OTs are usually way overrated, but we really don't have a choice now.

First and foremost, it's hard spending on a FA OT bc think about how money money we'll have tied to OT if that's the case. That's something I failed to realize before. We can mediate that financial hit if we draft an OT. Much cheaper and better distribution of finances.

Plus, I think we have a solid OT prospect in the top 10 this year in Jake Matthews. So I wouldn't mind it.
Well that's part of why I keep saying FA OL, if we sign a quality starter for one of the inside positions that works to. A bounceback season from Beatty and a season under his belt for Pugh would work as an OT pair if the interior was strong.

I haven't looked at Matthews so maybe he is in the beast tier like Kalil was and then I guess I'm ok with it, especially cause it doesn't look like there's much great talent at DE or DB that'll be available at our pick, but it's still my least favorite solution as I do think we have other ways of addressing the OL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 12-16-2013 at 10:03 AM.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JM will be gone when we pick I believe
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we lose out, one of Matthews, Barr or Clowney will be there.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We currently have the 10th pick in the draft. If we lose out, and a couple of teams ahead of us win a game, we could be in the 6 to 7 range.

That might be enough to get him.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
If we lose out, one of Matthews, Barr or Clowney will be there.
Dude if Clowney is on the board you don't even wanna know wtf I'll do if we pass on him.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you sure CBS sports updated top 10 has us not in thhe top 10.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude if Clowney is on the board you don't even wanna know wtf I'll do if we pass on him.
We won't. He'll be the first of those 3 taken. I shouldn't have even included him. If we lose out we'll have Barr or Matthews available to us. Maybe even both.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
You are correct. We're 11 right now.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
We won't. He'll be the first of those 3 taken. I shouldn't have even included him. If we lose out we'll have Barr or Matthews available to us. Maybe even both.
Yeah don't tease me bro. My heart can't take it. Would you take Barr over Matthews? At this point I don't know. I'm leaning towards Matthews honestly.

Quote:
According to nfl.com league standings, we're 10th.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We need to hope and pray that 2 or even 3 qbs go in the top 10.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

SOS moves us back one spot. We need other 5-9 teams to win.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matthews over Barr. Also, we're not losing out. We'll beat the Skins the last game of the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Damn! I forgot about them.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're probably a little better off now with Cousins but I still think we end up winning.

The Lions DL this week is going to eat up our OL for lunch. This one is going to get ugly offensively again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
We need to hope and pray that 2 or even 3 qbs go in the top 10.
2 is a lock. These knee injuries to the SEC guys may kill us.

I'd be happy with either but I'd lean Matthews as well because of the bloodlines.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

The 4-10 teams have to win.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
The 4-10 teams have to win.
And Atlanta is going to hurt us. They end with 49ers and Panthers.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

OL or even Sammy Watkins. He would be a dynamic X for us.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Atlanta is gonna take Clowney.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
OL or even Sammy Watkins. He would be a dynamic X for us.
*smacks you on the nose*

No. Don't get cute Mr. Offense. All this OL talk makes me want to puke as is.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
And Atlanta is going to hurt us. They end with 49ers and Panthers.
Yes but now for all these teams comes into play, To rest or not to rest, that is the question.

Hopefully they clinch and sit their players.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yes but now for all these teams comes into play, To rest or not to rest, that is the question.

Hopefully they clinch and sit their players.
Both the 49ers and Panthers will be playing it out.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
None of those guys are anything more than mediocre. Having 5 mediocre pass rushers doesn't mean you have great pass rushers. It just means you have a bunch of mediocre ones. To me if you're a 8 sack a year guy, you're mediocre.

I want pass rushers who are the 15 a year type. They dictate protections.
So after watching these mediocre pass rushers (especially mediocre guys like Michael Bennett) completely obliterate the soul of Eli Manning, do you guy still want that 15+ sack a year guy (like maybe one of the Giants pass rushers that was nowhere to be found yesterday - that guy who put up 15+ sacks a few years ago) or would you rather have what Seattle has?
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
So after watching these mediocre pass rushers (especially mediocre guys like Michael Bennett) completely obliterate the soul of Eli Manning, do you guy still want that 15+ sack a year guy (like maybe one of the Giants pass rushers that was nowhere to be found yesterday - that guy who put up 15+ sacks a few years ago) or would you rather have what Seattle has?
I rather have a JV DL over our pass rushers, so yes.

And beating up on our OL isn't something to toot your horn about. I don't think anyone in here ever said that Seattle's defense is average, we all said it was the best if not one of the best in the league.

But pass rusher is definitely your weakest position on defense considering you're absolutely loaded everywhere else.

That's not an insult, it just speaks volumes about how amazing the rest of your defense is.