Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-23-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind if Gilbride and Coughlin are back.

I do think Sean Ryan needs to go, the obvious candidate to replace him is Mike Sullivan if/when Schiano gets canned.

I am wondering if Fewell gets a shot at a H/C gig, you can probably make a case that the defence has been solid.

I do think we should at least consider moving to a zone blocking scheme. Our Oline are more of finese style guys, rather than the maulers we need for our power blocking scheme.
It is worth noting that 9 of the top 12 ground games in the NFL use zone blocking schemes:
Philadelphia (1), Buffalo (2), Seattle (3), Washington (4), New York Jets (5), Green Bay (6), Kansas City (9), Carolina (11), New England (12)

I am a bit each way over whether Pat Flahrety should return. But If we have a shot at bringing in Mike Munchak (should he get fired) as an OL/Ast HC we should look into it. He would help bring back the physical nasty edge our Oline badly needs.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post

I do think Sean Ryan needs to go, the obvious candidate to replace him is Mike Sullivan if/when Schiano gets canned.

I am wondering if Fewell gets a shot at a H/C gig, you can probably make a case that the defence has been solid.

I do think we should at least consider moving to a zone blocking scheme. Our Oline are more of finese style guys, rather than the maulers we need for our power blocking scheme.
It is worth noting that 9 of the top 12 ground games in the NFL use zone blocking schemes:
Philadelphia (1), Buffalo (2), Seattle (3), Washington (4), New York Jets (5), Green Bay (6), Kansas City (9), Carolina (11), New England (12)

I am a bit each way over whether Pat Flahrety should return. But If we have a shot at bringing in Mike Munchak (should he get fired) as an OL/Ast HC we should look into it. He would help bring back the physical nasty edge our Oline badly needs.
I don't see it happening bc Coughlin's run schemes are all about pulling Guards. I don't see him adjusting that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
21 plays on defense.
It's frustrating bc he's looked pretty damn good the past 2 games and it makes you wonder why they waited to play him. He should have been getting snaps a lot earlier than he did.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have a lot of depth at DT so they're just bringing him along slowly. DT has not been a problem all year so there was no need to rush. Linval was from a smaller program but don't forget he basically redshirted his rookie year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Moore got some snaps, and I wasn't paying too much attention to him but my initial impression is he hasn't done anything in 2 games.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who what happened to the Romo or have a replay of it?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Herniated disc in his lower back. I have one of those. It's awful. It pretty much ended my ability to play contact sports.

He'll get surgery in the offseason. If they can, they'll stick an epidural in him this week to shrink the disk, which will prevent it from rubbing the nerve, they'll load him up with pain killers and he'll play. Then he'll need surgery in the offseason.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not playing this Sunday I thought.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-24-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Depends on the severity. If it's what I think it is, he can play. Unless they think the risk is not worth the reward.

My gut says he's playing. I know all the reports says he won't though.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zack Martin.

Keep an eye on him for anyone who watches the Pinstripe Bowl. He's just such a typical pick of ours.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Herniated disc in his lower back. I have one of those. It's awful. It pretty much ended my ability to play contact sports.

He'll get surgery in the offseason. If they can, they'll stick an epidural in him this week to shrink the disk, which will prevent it from rubbing the nerve, they'll load him up with pain killers and he'll play. Then he'll need surgery in the offseason.
I have it too, but they said my spinal column is wider than most so it doesn't contact any nerve or bother me. Same with my wisdom teeth. They don't hurt coming in and so no issue there.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Zack Martin.

Keep an eye on him for anyone who watches the Pinstripe Bowl. He's just such a typical pick of ours.
He's going to be in the Senior Bowl as well. Isn't he similar to Pugh?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-24-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He's going to be in the Senior Bowl as well. Isn't he similar to Pugh?
In that he's white and maybe projects better to Guard? I guess.

He plays nastier than Pugh. And has had a better career against stronger competition. He just looks bigger and thicker. I think he projects more to a guard than Pugh actually does.

I'm hoping he falls into the second round.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I have it too, but they said my spinal column is wider than most so it doesn't contact any nerve or bother me. Same with my wisdom teeth. They don't hurt coming in and so no issue there.
Mine rubs against the nerve. I haven't gotten an epidural or surgery yet. They say if you can avoid it, avoid it at all costs. So I try to manage it.

Quote:
Zack Martin.

Does he project to Guard or Tackle?
Old 12-24-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
In that he's white and maybe projects better to Guard? I guess.

He plays nastier than Pugh. And has had a better career against stronger competition. He just looks bigger and thicker. I think he projects more to a guard than Pugh actually does.

I'm hoping he falls into the second round.
I don't think Pugh projects well to G at all so I'm in agreement with you then before watching him play. I originally thought he was smaller which is why I brought up Pugh.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-24-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

When Pugh packs on 15 lbs this offseason he'll be just fine at LG.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He'll need to add more than that I think. He's been better than average at RT this year and I think we just need to keep him there fot the next 10 years. I believe the interior OL is very important but I hate all this shifting on the line. Find a G in the draft or FA and leave Pugh at RT.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-24-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I don't think Pugh projects well to G at all so I'm in agreement with you then before watching him play. I originally thought he was smaller which is why I brought up Pugh.
According to Scott's height and weights now, they seem to be the exact same size going to the draft. However Martin just looks bigger. Both apparently 6"4 305ish but Pugh still looks fairly lean while Martin just looks thicker.

The only reason I bring this up is because I was thinking of how I would feel if the Giants doubled up on offensive lineman in the first two rounds. Chicago played two rookies on the right side this year and they held up well, except for this past week against the Eagles. Although their RT was a late pick.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
He'll need to add more than that I think. He's been better than average at RT this year and I think we just need to keep him there fot the next 10 years. I believe the interior OL is very important but I hate all this shifting on the line. Find a G in the draft or FA and leave Pugh at RT.
But then what do you do with Beatty? That's the problem.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
But then what do you do with Beatty? That's the problem.
You let him rot on the bench until we save money or at least break even by cutting him. Which I'm assuming would be after two more years.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I wonder if Pugh can play Center. Centers don't have to be as thick as Guards.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
You let him rot on the bench until we save money or at least break even by cutting him.
That's not gonna happen though. I'm afraid that if we don't move him to RT, he'll be penciled in as our starting LT again next year. They won't give up on him that quickly, even though they should.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
You let him rot on the bench until we save money or at least break even by cutting him. Which I'm assuming would be after two more years.
Yup this. I never understood how most teams don't understand the idea of a sunk cost more so in baseball than football but still. You should never be forced to play anyone because of the money they make. You have to pay them no matter what so you might as well have the bext person out there and unless Beatty bounces back to 2012 form he's definitely not that guy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-25-2013, 05:06 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post

This whole post.. just

Schiano isn't getting canned. Mike Sullivan is a HC candidate for what he did with that offense this year.

The only way Sullivan returns is if Coughlin is forced to retire bc he won't fire Fewell and we want someone with a similar philosophy who knows Eli.

Only reason our defense isn't dead last in the league is bc we went on a lucky ass run of playing back up QBs. Fewell needs to go. He's getting no pass rush and we have pass rushers.

Gilbride will probably go too if we hire Sullivan as HC. Hire Jow Lombardi as OC bc of his experience and learning under Sean Payton and bring Spags back to coach the Defense. Similar philosophy as the Coughlin era but slightly updated.

The only other coach with NFL success that I like is Lovie Smith.

The college coach I like and my dark horse is Steve Addazio HC at BC.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder if Pugh can play Center. Centers don't have to be as thick as Guards.
His future is at LG or C. RT isn't working out.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Maycock View Post
His future is at LG or C. RT isn't working out.
Wat. He's been pretty damn good at rt for us. And I didn't like the pick at all at the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote