Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-26-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yup this. I never understood how most teams don't understand the idea of a sunk cost more so in baseball than football but still. You should never be forced to play anyone because of the money they make. You have to pay them no matter what so you might as well have the bext person out there and unless Beatty bounces back to 2012 form he's definitely not that guy.
Beatty shouldn't play because of his contract, he should play because he's the second best OL we have, so unless we bring in 4 other starters he'll be one of our 5 best lineman. That and if he has a bounce back year next year he can be our best lineman as this is the first year Beatty hasn't been very good when healthy, unless he's just been quietly playing through something that we don't know about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Wat. He's been pretty damn good at rt for us. And I didn't like the pick at all at the time
Go back and watch the games vs Carolina and the Chiefs.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Maycock View Post
So...two poor games at a position for a rookie = automatically terrible and can't play their?

'kay.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:06 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
So...two poor games at a position for a rookie = automatically terrible and can't play their?

'kay.

*there

Poor is an understatement. Although he got better as the season went he still struggled. Its not his effort that is the problem. I think he'll be an excellent Center or LG once he gets stronger.

I'd like to see us add a true LT, slide Beatty to RT, and Pugh to either LG or C.

What we will do? Keep Beatty at LT after that horrible season. Keep Pugh at RT after his ****** season. And still blame Eli's problems and a ****** rushing O on a horrible oline.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
*there

Poor is an understatement. Although he got better as the season went he still struggled. Its not his effort that is the problem. I think he'll be an excellent Center or LG once he gets stronger.

I'd like to see us add a true LT, slide Beatty to RT, and Pugh to either LG or C.

What we will do? Keep Beatty at LT after that horrible season. Keep Pugh at RT after his ****** season. And still blame Eli's problems and a ****** rushing O on a horrible oline.
Thanks for correcting my minor error, bro?

And what the hell are you talking about? He's had a very good season. A ROOKIE had two bad games at the position and he's trash and can't play at that position?
Old 12-27-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forget but did he start from the 1st game or not?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any word on Snee's recovery? We got pretty bad guard play as well this year, fix that and the two tackles look a lot better.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I forget but did he start from the 1st game or not?
Who Pugh? Yes he did.

And this guy is siting the 3rd and 4th game of his CAREER to prove a point. One against what was the best defense in the league the first 10 games of the year. And one a game where the entire team didn't show up and got blown out.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Who Pugh? Yes he did.

And this guy is siting the 3rd and 4th game of his CAREER to prove a point. One against what was the best defense in the league the first 10 games of the year. And one a game where the entire team didn't show up and got blown out.
Well yeah that's what I was coming around on. I thought Carolina might have been hist first start for some reason so I was going to state that it's no surprise he struglled especially against that defensive front. KC and Car have two of the best fronts in NFL so this guy can stick it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-27-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Is there any word on Snee's recovery? We got pretty bad guard play as well this year, fix that and the two tackles look a lot better.
I haven't heard anything but the way his contract is structured you can bet he's a cut unless he accepts a pay cut. I don't know if we can count on him being anything more than a backup at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 12-27-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't heard anything but the way hos contract is structured you can bet he's a cut unless he accepts a pay cut. I don't know if we can count on him being anything more than a backup at this point.
With the state of this line, if he takes the pay cut we may have no choice but to bring him back.

Other than Pugh and unfortunately Beatty, who else is back next year? If Snee takes the pay cut to play for under 2 mil, we'd have to bring him back. Boothe as well although he's a free agent. He played for 900k this year so I'd offer him that deal again.

Even with that, we'd have to get 4-5 new lineman unless you bring back one of Brewer or Mosley by default. This is all assuming Bass is cut as well.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Mosley was playing fairly well in the Lions game before he broke his hand so I'm now intrigued by him. Brewer blows.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 12-27-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Mosley was playing fairly well in the Lions game before he broke his hand so I'm not intrigued by him. Brewer blows.
So you have Mosley, Pugh, Beatty, and lets assume Boothe is brought back.

That's 4 of 9. With Snee 5 of 9.

Still a lot of players to pick up in one offseason just on the O-line.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
So you have Mosley, Pugh, Beatty, and lets assume Boothe is brought back.

That's 4 of 9. With Snee 5 of 9.

Still a lot of players to pick up in one offseason just on the O-line.
That was supposed to be now intrigued.

Major changes everywhere. This is the most important offseason since Coughlin/Eli came in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-27-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pugh, Beatty, Mosley, Cordle and Boothe are the guys I actually want back. I suppose I'd be ok with Snee coming back for cheap purely as a backup, but I can't see Coughlin not starting snee if snee's "healthy" which is why I'd rather we just let him go.

Sign a quality starter and a boothe like borderline starter in FA, draft an OL in the first two rounds and things are manageable.

Quote:
Old 12-27-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I wonder if Snee retires and just rides off into the sunset this offseason.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-27-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He had two bad games against two of the best defensive fronts in the nfl in his rookie year. Yep, can't play there at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Thanks for correcting my minor error, bro?

And what the hell are you talking about? He's had a very good season. A ROOKIE had two bad games at the position and he's trash and can't play at that position?
You're welcome.

Very good season? You sure about that? I pointed out his worst games. That doesn't mean he didn't have other bad games. Watch Mike Neal (who has had a terrible season) make Pugh look like a punk.

Quote:
Well yeah that's what I was coming around on. I thought Carolina might have been hist first start for some reason so I was going to state that it's no surprise he struglled especially against that defensive front. KC and Car have two of the best fronts in NFL so this guy can stick it.
Sorry, I'm not ***, friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
He had two bad games against two of the best defensive fronts in the nfl in his rookie year. Yep, can't play there at all.

Those were his worst games. Watch the rest of the season to see more bad games, boy.

Like I said, his effort is great. You can tell he really wants it but at the same time he's struggled. Sure, rookies struggle but its how they struggle that matters. His short comings ( ) more than anything are why he's struggled. Being a weak tit is another reason but thats common and will improve.

A few ways we can improve our oline.

Option 1:

Sign Jared Veldheer to play LT, move Beatty to RT, move Pugh to LG/C, resign Boothe to play C/LG, draft a RG to compete with Mosley.

Diehl, Baas, Snee, Brewer, Cordle are gone.

Option 2:

Beatty stays at LT and we hope this was just one bad season, Sign Michael Oher to play RT, Pugh gets moved to LG/C, Boothe to play C/LG, Mosley and drafted player compete at RG.

Option 3:

Beatty stays at LT, Pugh at RT, Sign Alex Mack at C, draft or sign players to compete at G with Mosley.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I would do cartwheels if we get Alex Mack but I just don't see it happening. Cleveland would be crazy to let him go.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah Mack is a total dream.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-28-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Honestly I would do cartwheels if we get Alex Mack but I just don't see it happening. Cleveland would be crazy to let him go.
They have TJ Ward as a Free Agent as well.. It will be tough to keep them both.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
They have TJ Ward as a Free Agent as well.. It will be tough to keep them both.
Don't they have a ton of cap space?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-28-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't they have a ton of cap space?

A little over 20 million.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Never underestimate the repulsive power of Cleveland.

Quote:
Old 12-29-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, has the light finally turned on for Jernigan? He looks electric today and his hands have been solid. Your WR corps will be very scary next year if he can build on todays performace.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote