Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-29-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Painter in over Nassib?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nassib is inactive.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So our QB was out, our X was out, Z was out and Slot was out and our TE useless and int machine.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hooray Jernigan!!!

my faith in him has somewhat kinda sorta paid off
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

JJ has been upgraded from useless to I really want to see more. He better get a lot of playing time next year or else its a waste having him.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me it was really just a matter of playing time with JJ. I feel like a lot of times we have good players but they never see the field. Especially with JJ. I loved what he can bring to our team. A legit burner. I will do a more lengthy post later but it's nice to go out on a high note, minus the Eli injury. But whatever it is he has the whole offseason to recover.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

He has to get playing time next year and not wither away in the bench.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tuck and Linval need to be back.

I can't believe so many people went down today.

Eli has a high ankle sprain. Same with Nicks. Beatty has a broken leg but not sure if it was both fibula and tibia.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also if Chud is really getting fired I'd love to bring him in at OC if we move away from Gilbride. He'd be my #1 choice.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
He has to get playing time next year and not wither away in the bench.
I've always had issues with how our coaching staff gets guys playing time. I feel we need to substitute more and give guys like Jernigan more opportunities. I wonder if this helps leverage making a deal with Nicks.

I'd like Tuck back on a team friendly deal for sure. I love Linval. Think we can get him on a respectable deal. And he has been great pretty much his entire career.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

More random stuff by me but I think we're picking 12th in draft. That's not bad at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

I'd like Tuck back on a team friendly deal for sure. I love Linval. Think we can get him on a respectable deal. And he has been great pretty much his entire career.
I think we could probably resign Joseph for similar money to Sen'Derrick Marks recent extention at Jacksonville, five-year, $23.5 million contract. The deal includes $8 million guaranteed.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NYG Media schedule for tomorrow

11:30 a.m. – Players Available (Open Locker Room)

12:45 p.m. – Tom Coughlin Press Conference

1:30 p.m. – Jerry Reese Press Conference

Pure speculation, is this the usual end of the season conference for Coughlin? or does he fall on his sword for the sake of the team and retire (maybe into a front office job)?

I had thought it would be a lock for Coughlin to be back, but his post match comments aren't as solid

Quote:

After the Giants (7-9) finished their season with a 20-6 victory over the Washington Redskins on Sunday at MetLife Stadium, Coughlin refused to answer questions about his future with the team.

"Don't ask me that. I'm not answering that type of question right now," Coughlin said. "There will be an evaluation of everything I'm sure and we'll go from there."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...th_giants.html
With Eli we have a 3-4 year window. Would/should Coughlin commit to that?

If Coughlin returns, is he extended or does he head into the last year of his deal in 2014 (not the way the Giants have traditionally done business).

Either way a few questions will soon be answered either way.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 12-29-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Tuck and Linval need to be back.
I would like to see both back if we can get them without breaking the bank.

Same fo Nicks as well imho
Old 12-30-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I think we could probably resign Joseph for similar money to Sen'Derrick Marks recent extention at Jacksonville, five-year, $23.5 million contract. The deal includes $8 million guaranteed.
I would do that in a heartbeat.

Also, I think Coughlin will be back. Same with Gilbride. I'm with GF though. If he did get fired (which he won't) I'd sign up for Chud in a heartbeat. Or even Norv Turner would be amazing since he will likely be out of a job with Chud gone.

I think the only potential person we get rid of would be Fewell. Mainly because it would be easy with his contract expiring.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I didn't mean Chud for head coach even though I guess I wouldn't mind that. I meant for OC if we move Gilbride.

It would be so awesome for Reese to announce that Gilbride and Fewell won't be returning for 2014. We thank you for their service and the great SB run/s but we feel it's best for the organization to move in a new direction at this time. Do it Reese. #PowerMoves

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-30-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Diehl is retiring.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's been working on his studio skills this past year. With so many sports outlets now, he'll find a job somewhere.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Sounds like Diehl is retiring.
Great Giant but unfortunate we kept him around past his prime. It's a shame to see all the 2 time SB champs leaving. Soon it will just be Eli.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-30-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Antrel Rolle wants a contract extension and then retire as a Giant. That would help our cap situation big time as he has a high cap number. Extension would help us level everything out. Do it Reese! Rolle, Hill, Brown next year would be nice.

Beason also said he wants to remain with the Giants.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-30-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beatty's injury might be a blessing in disguise. It might force our hand in getting a LT in the draft.

And as far as assistants go, if we could get Norv Turner and Leslie Frazier I would be a happy camper.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Norv? YES PLEASE!!!!!

Frazier? I'd rather just keep Fewell at that point. I don't think that is much of an upgrade.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Beatty's injury might be a blessing in disguise. It might force our hand in getting a LT in the draft.

And as far as assistants go, if we could get Norv Turner and Leslie Frazier I would be a happy camper.
It's a broken leg. He'll be back in a few months.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-30-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frazier is a much better DC than Fewell. He's not a pure Cover 2 guy. He draws up great blitzes too.

It's obvious to me that Coughlin loves Cover 2 DCs, so as long as we're stuck with that, we might as well get a guy who's a very good Cover 2 DC. Frazier was a HC candidate bc of how well he ran his defense.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Frazier is a much better DC than Fewell. He's not a pure Cover 2 guy. He draws up great blitzes too.

It's obvious to me that Coughlin loves Cover 2 DCs, so as long as we're stuck with that, we might as well get a guy who's a very good Cover 2 DC. Frazier was a HC candidate bc of how well he ran his defense.
So was Fewell though haha.

sig by BoneKrusher