Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-31-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What round are we looking at? I don't think we can entertain running backs until round 3 at earliest. Realistically round 4.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is such a good LB draft and we're gonna draft none of them. I'm gonna watch Shazier and Skov ball out of their minds elsewhere and I'm gonna be sad as I watch JWill trying to figure out what a gap is, and Beason running on his cow knees.

Watch. JUST WATCH. I'm calling it now.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What round are we looking at? I don't think we can entertain running backs until round 3 at earliest. Realistically round 4.
Yeah, sounds like round 3. I guess he could potentially go in round 2 but we pick too early in round 2 to take him.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skov would be lovely.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy New Year's to all the Giants fans!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-31-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Happy New Year everyone! Be safe.

And avoid putting that poison in your bodies. Jk...kinda
Old 12-31-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is such a good LB draft and we're gonna draft none of them. I'm gonna watch Shazier and Skov ball out of their minds elsewhere and I'm gonna be sad as I watch JWill trying to figure out what a gap is, and Beason running on his cow knees.

Watch. JUST WATCH. I'm calling it now.
Wouldn't be surprised to see that team be Washington. With Fletcher gone, they will be looking at LB. I took Skov in Round 3 for them as their GM in our FM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Carlos Hyde as an option at RB
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:20 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Williams
Bishop Sankey (declared)
James Wilder JR (if he declares)
Storm Johnson (if he declares)

Are my 4 favorites.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:51 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

deleted....

Last edited by Big_Pete : 01-01-2014 at 05:00 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:00 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Maycock View Post
Andre Williams
Bishop Sankey (declared)
James Wilder JR (if he declares)
Storm Johnson (if he declares)

Are my 4 favorites.
I like Bishop Sankey as an option for NYG
Old 01-01-2014, 01:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had had my eye on him before, but after last night Jordan Zumwalt is officially on my radar. I would love him as a late round pick to come in and compete to be our starting SAM. He's a tackling machine

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I had had my eye on him before, but after last night Jordan Zumwalt is officially on my radar. I would love him as a late round pick to come in and compete to be our starting SAM. He's a tackling machine
Admittedly I do not watch college football as much as I used to and thus don't nearly know as much on these prospects as I once did, but I've been watching the bowl games. And Zumwalt looked impressive. However he looks small to me. I thought he was a safety at first.

They said on the broadcast that Mora thinks he's absolutely a NFL player. I guess he would know. But he could look better by playing with Barr.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:31 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Admittedly I do not watch college football as much as I used to and thus don't nearly know as much on these prospects as I once did, but I've been watching the bowl games. And Zumwalt looked impressive. However he looks small to me. I thought he was a safety at first.

They said on the broadcast that Mora thinks he's absolutely a NFL player. I guess he would know. But he could look better by playing with Barr.
He's listed at 6'4, 235. So he's not small, and with an NFL weight room he could put on more weight.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
He's listed at 6'4, 235. So he's not small, and with an NFL weight room he could put on more weight.
235 is a little light at 6'4". But he'll add weight. 245-250 would be nice.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
235 is a little light at 6'4". But he'll add weight. 245-250 would be nice.
Yeah, like I said he could definitely add the weight with an NFL weight room. Also, just for a quick comparison, Kuechly is 6'3/235, Von Miller is 6'3/245. So he wouldn't need to add much weight

Old 01-01-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

One guy I would really like to see us hire is Stanford's Shannon Turley as our strength and conditioning coach.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/31/sp...general&src=me

One of the aspects of his training regime is reduced injuries.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I haven't seen much on Jordam Zumwalt.

I do like Christian Jones as a SLB for us.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

The Redskins want to interview Perry Fewell for their head coach position.

He seems to fit the cheaper/lower profile hire that Snyder seems to be looking for.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:14 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or they are just trying to get there Rooney rule interview out of the way.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Or they are just trying to get there Rooney rule interview out of the way.
I don't think so, they are also looking at Lovie Smith from all reports.

I actually like Fewell better as a HC option than a DC.

Fewell certainly does know the division well, so that will help.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Lovie going to Bucs so if rumors are correct say goodbye to Ross.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-01-2014, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Lovie going to Bucs so if rumors are correct say goodbye to Ross.
No surprise there, it was really just a matter of time considering all the attention he got last year

after a long period of stability, we are getting a bit of front office turnover with Ross and Gettleman departing
Old 01-01-2014, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Lovie is tipped to have Lezlie Frazier as his DC, so if Fewell did depart we could be looking at scheme changes as there aren't many experienced coaches available with tamps2 (and derivative) experience
Old 01-01-2014, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
No surprise there, it was really just a matter of time considering all the attention he got last year

after a long period of stability, we are getting a bit of front office turnover with Ross and Gettleman departing
Yup and that might be a good thing regarding Ross. I think Mara would step into the role but we'll see.

sig by BoneKrusher