Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-01-2014, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Lovie is tipped to have Lezlie Frazier as his DC, so if Fewell did depart we could be looking at scheme changes as there aren't many experienced coaches available with tamps2 (and derivative) experience
Schiano please :). I really think he'd be a god fit for us besides my Rutgers love.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:45 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to be that guy, but I just don't see Coughlin staying without Gilbride

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
It's definitely possible tomorrow some crazy stuff goes down regarding this. I know I'll be refreshing sites all day.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-01-2014, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Schiano please :). I really think he'd be a god fit for us besides my Rutgers love.

I'm not sure Eli would agree.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yup and that might be a good thing regarding Ross. I think Mara would step into the role but we'll see.
John Mara has hinted that we have not drafted well enough. It could well be that we haven't done enough with scouting. Ross may have been on the way out regardless.

Chris Mara is the Senior Vice President of Player Personnel, I believe thats a fair bit higher than Vice President, Player Evaluation (Ross's job title)
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I'm not sure Eli would agree.
How come? I don't see the connection on that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-01-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
John Mara has hinted that we have not drafted well enough. It could well be that we haven't done enough with scouting. Ross may have been on the way out regardless.

Chris Mara is the Senior Vice President of Player Personnel, I believe thats a fair bit higher than Vice President, Player Evaluation (Ross's job title)
Yeah I wasn't sure what Chris does as this point. I know in the past he's had a big role in scouting though both pro and college which is a combo of Gettlebman's and Ross's jobs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-01-2014, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How come? I don't see the connection on that.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...y-as-game-ends
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if instead of being fired outright whether Gilbride will be given the option to be the QB Coach.

Eli knows Gilbride well, and Gilbride is probably the best person to help get Eli back on track.

It also allows Coughlin to be loyal to his staff.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Ohh right the formation thing. Such nonsense. They'd get over that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-01-2014, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I wonder if instead of being fired outright whether Gilbride will be given the option to be the QB Coach.

Eli knows Gilbride well, and Gilbride is probably the best person to help get Eli back on track.

It also allows Coughlin to be loyal to his staff.
Gilbride takes a demotion? I can't see that one bit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-01-2014, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah I wasn't sure what Chris does as this point. I know in the past he's had a big role in scouting though both pro and college which is a combo of Gettlebman's and Ross's jobs.
If Ross does leave we may have internal options.

But we could also look at external options, which we did in 2007 when we hired Ross.

It is worth noting that Chris Mara has been Vice President of Player Evaluation since 2003 (adding Senior in 2011), I think it would be very unlikely for Chris Mara to replace Ross.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Gilbride takes a demotion? I can't see that one bit.
why not, take a demotion, keep the same pay, still get to work with Eli, Coughlin and his son

or be fired...

this kind of move happens a fair amount.

Actually if Gilbride is under contract, depending on how it is structured he may have little option (eg if he is signed to the staff, not the position).

Last edited by Big_Pete : 01-01-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
why not, take a demotion, keep the same pay, still get to work with Eli, Coughlin and his son

or be fired...

this kind of move happens a fair amount.

Actually if Gilbride is under contract, depending on how it is structured he may have little option (eg if he is signed to the staff, not the position).
You don't think another team would offer him an OC position?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-01-2014, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As a head coach? That would be god awful. You're letting your Rutgers bias get in your way. He was an atrocious NFL head coach.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
As a head coach? That would be god awful. You're letting your Rutgers bias get in your way. He was an atrocious NFL head coach.
Noooo. As DC.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-01-2014, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You don't think another team would offer him an OC position?
I don't think Gilbride gets an OC position at the moment, I think the complexity of the schemes is the issue and time to install effectively.

There are a lot of young guys coming through who are popular for a lot of these spots.

Sullivan is also likely available.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Noooo. As DC.
If Fewell departs, I want Lezlie Frazier, Steve Spagnuolo or Ray Horton as DCs.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
That is why I could see Gilbride moved to QB coach.

The other guy Coughlin has been very loyal to is Jerry Ingram
Old 01-01-2014, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
If Fewell departs, I want Lezlie Frazier, Steve Spagnuolo or Ray Horton as DCs.
Would be very happy with any of those 3 coaches as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-01-2014, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

If the OC job becomes available, I would ideally like Mike Sullivan, Norv Turner or Charlie Weis.

One guy I am not sure about is Rob Chudzinski

Last edited by Big_Pete : 01-01-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

What I want to see is the outcome of the meeting with Coughlin, Mara and Reese.

Do they believe we just need to tweak the existing system? or do we need to make significant changes to our coaching staff and schemes?
Old 01-01-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Would be very happy with any of those 3 coaches as well.
The other guy I like is Pepper Johnson as a DC option
Old 01-01-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

as for Special Teams Coordinator, I want Mike Priefer
Old 01-01-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...lliams-defense

Read that and get wet. I'm gonna go wash up.
I actually like Gregg Williams as a DC option and I think under Coughlin he would be ok.