Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-14-2014, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more that is coming out the more I love. This has me super excited for the new season. Is it September yet?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

new Oc.. checl

23 free agents..

12th overall pick.

This off season is the most interesting since I can remember.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
new Oc.. checl

23 free agents..

12th overall pick.

This off season is the most interesting since I can remember.
I've been saying that for awhile. It's biggest offseason since Eli/Coughlin offseason. First major decision and to me looks great. Let's hope we can continue in this direction.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-14-2014, 07:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very happy with this. I have more positive feeling then negative. The lack of play calling or OC experience is bothersome. However, I do like this guys background, and the detailed oriented mentality of this guy. I hope good things can happen in this new system.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am very happy with this. I have more positive feeling then negative. The lack of play calling or OC experience is bothersome. However, I do like this guys background, and the detailed oriented mentality of this guy. I hope good things can happen in this new system.
The Packers had one of the best scoring offenses this year. Despite Rogers going down, the Packers were able to get enough out of Flynn and Tolzien to make the playoffs

Out of all the coaches we interviewed, McAdoo came from the best offense, the only playoff team and was the only guy who wasn't fired.

The more I find out about this guy, the more I like him as an OC option.

The sheer fact this guy researched the Giants roster and brought two notebooks full of ideas to his interview says a lot about what this guy is about.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are is an article on the McAdoo hiring from BBI with quotes, great read.

Quote:
New York Giants Hire Ben McAdoo as Offensive Coordinator: The New York Giants have hired Ben McAdoo as their new offensive coordinator. The contract is reportedly a two-year deal. The 36-year old McAdoo has served as an assistant coach with the Green Bay Packers for the last eight years, first as tight ends coach (2006-11), then quarterbacks coach (2012-13). He interviewed with the Giants on Monday.

McAdoo replaces Kevin Gilbride, who retired on January 2.

McAdoo had drawn interest from the Browns (as head coach), Dolphins (offensive coordinator), and Ravens (offensive coordinator). The Giants also interviewed Mike Sullivan (ex-Tampa Bay offensive coordinator), Dowell Loggains (ex-Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator), and Karl Dorrell (ex-Houston Texans quarterbacks coach) last week for the offensive coordinator position.

I think this is the best coach for the job, said Head Coach Tom Coughlin. With his experiences, I think he brings a lot to the table. Our players are going to be exited to hear what he has to say(McAdoo) is a detailed, very, very meticulous coach who has been greatly influenced by Mike McCarthy. He has a great relationship with him. The thing I was impressed by is, hes been in San Francisco, hes been in Green Bay, now he has an opportunity to come to the New York Giants. He thinks these clubs represent the NFL. He feels privileged to be here. Hes looking forward in a very humble way to becoming a New York Giant.

Hes a very detail-oriented, meticulous teacher, a fundamentalist, first and foremost, Coughlin said. I was very, very impressed by the presentation that he made, in terms of the fundamental details of his presentation, whether it is quarterback fundamentals, offensive philosophy. I was just very, very impressed with that. Whether he was the tight ends or the quarterbacks coach, he has prepared for this type of an interview for a long time. He comes with two notebooks, all the things hes put together and thought about and when given the opportunity, wanted to present.

Mike McCarthy is an excellent football coach, Coughlin said. Ben McAdoo has been with Mike in New Orleans, in San Francisco and when Mike got the job in Green Bay, he brought Ben along as the tight ends coach. Hes been in this system for quite some time. He was the tight ends coach and then he became the quarterbacks coach. Hes been the quarterbacks coach there for two years. Hes prepared for this opportunity.

Working for a class organization like the Giants and a championship coach like Tom Coughlin, and being able to work with Eli Manning, who is a very talented and proven quarterback, is very exciting for me, McAdoo said. We have a great opportunity in front of us and I cant wait to get started. This is obviously a big step. Its also another step in the progression of a coachs career. Its a golden opportunity for me. Its an opportunity I feel Ive been groomed for. And I look forward to it.

Ive heard a lot of good things about Coach McAdoo, said quarterback Eli Manning. I was able to talk to him over the phone last week and we had a great conversation. Obviously hes had a ton of success in Green Bay and I look forward to working with him and improving our offense.

In the Giants official press release, the team stated that the offensive players must now learn new terminology and plays. Heres what I expect, Coughlin said. I think the players will respond to this. Were going to try to compromise the system with what we have here. However, there will be change. And that change will be very positive and very well-received by our team and our players. And if our players are scrambling around to learn a new system good. Thats another fire in their rear end.

Were going to be an up-tempo, attacking-style offense, said McAdoo. Were going to play with good energy. And were going to rely on fundamentals.

This will be the first job where I call plays on Sunday, McAdoo said. When you get your first opportunity in this league, you start to prepare for that (calling plays). I feel like with the way we prepared with the coaches, and Mike McCarthy does a great job getting the coaches ready, well respond. Im ready to take that task head on.

Ill be there to help him, said Coughlin. Hes obviously been influenced by Mike. And he has great respect for (Green Bay defensive coordinator) Dom Capers, so hes seen it on both sides.

I spent some time looking at the Giants personnel last week, McAdoo said. Its been a whirlwind. I look forward to meeting with the players and getting startedWe need to get moving quickly. Its a great staff. I look forward to coming in and starting with a clean slate.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:10 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wohoo McAdoo! This news got me excited. Never in a million years thought we would hire someone other than Gilbride/a Gilbride disciple. If we utilise FA and the draft well in the coming months and add pieces to our offense, I fully expect us to be back to being a top ten offense. Possibly a little to pumped up for this, but screw it!

McAdoo! Don't disappoint us!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:45 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pope is not expected to be retained :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Wow that might be the most shocking news this offseason.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2014, 08:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO WAY!

Why would we do that? Pope is a legend!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Guess they want a different message in the locker room.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I can think of is Pope retires, but why wouldn't he retire with Gilbride then?

I was excited about McAdoo but he's already making an awful decision, so this sours me on the hire already.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The only thing I can think of is Pope retires, but why wouldn't he retire with Gilbride then?

I was excited about McAdoo but he's already making an awful decision, so this sours me on the hire already.
The way it's being reported is that he was asked to leave and that he didn't want to retire. It may not be McAdoo's decision?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2014, 08:38 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Meh. He was a Tight ends coach himself. He probably knows someone he wants to do that job for him. And you can't argue the fact that our TE's this year were horrible. Part of that blame has to fall on the coach, and in a "What have you done for me lately"-line of work, It's no shocker. I totally understand McAdoo wanting to bring some of his own guys.

We can't be positive to a different direction on offense, and then object to the position coach changes that will inevitably come when said coach needs his own guys in there to get his message across.

But with that said, I want to thank Pope for the great contributions he's made to the Giants for so many years. A great coach, and hopefully he'll find other work soon enough if he still wants to coach.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2014, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Meh. He was a Tight ends coach himself. He probably knows someone he wants to do that job for him. And you can't argue the fact that our TE's this year were horrible. Part of that blame has to fall on the coach, and in a "What have you done for me lately"-line of work, It's no shocker. I totally understand McAdoo wanting to bring some of his own guys.

We can't be positive to a different direction on offense, and then object to the position coach changes that will inevitably come when said coach needs his own guys in there to get his message across.

But with that said, I want to thank Pope for the great contributions he's made to the Giants for so many years. A great coach, and hopefully he'll find other work soon enough if he still wants to coach.
We're seriously gonna blame him for Myers? Myers sucks ass. Look at Pope's track record. He's a TE legend. He's considered the best TE coach in the league and has been for a long long time.

I can understand wanting to replace any of the other assistants but I can't understand wanting to get rid of Pope.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Guess they want a different message in the locker room.
Reminds me of the Mike Waufle situation.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perhaps we are finally going in a different direction as far as how we used our TEs. TEs in Green Bay certainly haven't been blockers first. My boy Jake McGee is staying in school. 2015 look out.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I didn't agree with letting go of Wauffle either. He's still a great DL coach.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

BBD, where is you!? Did you catch up with the stuff I posted?

How do you fire Pope, and keep Ryan, Quinn, AND the worst, Gilbride Jr.?
Old 01-15-2014, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Perhaps we are finally going in a different direction as far as how we used our TEs. TEs in Green Bay certainly haven't been blockers first. My boy Jake McGee is staying in school. 2015 look out.
This is the main reason. Pope's specialty is teaching guys how to block and with McAdoo in here now he's going to want more pass catching TE's. I love Pope but we were going to have to move on eventually. A new philosophy sparks new coaching styles.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2014, 08:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
BBD, where is you!? Did you catch up with the stuff I posted?

How do you fire Pope, and keep Ryan, Quinn, AND the worst, Gilbride Jr.?
EXACTLY!

I don't get it at all. I haven't caught up with all the posts, I'm gonna be busy at work today I'll get to it probably tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Bellichick is gonna scoop up Pope so fast. Just watch.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

RB coach Jerald Ingram also let go.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2014, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilbride Jr BETTER go too. A friend of a friend is actually our offensive quality assistant. My friend was all worried that her friend will be let go.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:55 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
We're seriously gonna blame him for Myers? Myers sucks ass. Look at Pope's track record. He's a TE legend. He's considered the best TE coach in the league and has been for a long long time.

I can understand wanting to replace any of the other assistants but I can't understand wanting to get rid of Pope.
To some extent, yes. I'm sorry, but Myers produced significantly worse in our system than for example the Raiders system with far worse Quarterbacking. Some of that blame HAS to fall on the coach. Not all of that can be attributed to the player.

I am aware of Pope's standing in the league as a TE coach, but the horrible year from our TE's (let's not forget Adrien Robinson haven't evolved to anything remotely close to a starter as well), coupled with a new guy who wants his own staff, and uses his TE's in another way, and you have a couple of good reasons to let him go IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
This is the main reason. Pope's specialty is teaching guys how to block and with McAdoo in here now he's going to want more pass catching TE's. I love Pope but we were going to have to move on eventually. A new philosophy sparks new coaching styles.
This is more what I meant. He probably wants his own style of TE coach in there. Not saying that Pope couldn't necessarily adapt to McAdoos ways, but it may have seemed easier to just hire his own guy.

Quote: