Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-31-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I don't think Barden and Cruz are really much of a check down WR either. It seems like all the guys we have right now are more of the explosive down field type. I think Nicks is all around the best by far and can do anything. Maybe Thomas can step into a check down type.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

During that Dallas game, I noticed Eli checked down to Barden underneath on some occasions. *shrug*

He has the body to go up the middle and box out on curl routes. Cruz seems better outside than slot, even though his body type is that of a slot WR.

Hagan just makes sense to me.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barden is on PUP for 6 weeks anyway. Might as well bring in Hagan, and worst case scenario, cut Hagan when Barden comes back.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Barden is on PUP for 6 weeks anyway. Might as well bring in Hagan, and worst case scenario, cut Hagan when Barden comes back.
I thought I saw Hagan catch a TD for the raiders on Sunday night? Not sure if it was the same Hagan. I assumed so.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hagan is in beast mode in Oakland. He is not going anywhere I don't think. He is impressing people out there with his play.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clayton seems like he would be the most ideal fit but he's had a blah camp while on offense. He's doing really well on specials but I don't think he will make the team just because of that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Damn man. Why do we let go of Hagan? He was a very solid player for us. That was a mistake.

Sometimes you have to let go of "potential" and have a couple of bluecollar guys on the roster that can get stuff done when called upon. Hagan and Chase were 2 of those guys.

And now neither are on the roster.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Damn man. Why do we let go of Hagan? He was a very solid player for us. That was a mistake.

Sometimes you have to let go of "potential" and have a couple of bluecollar guys on the roster that can get stuff done when called upon. Hagan and Chase were 2 of those guys.

Probably because they were banking on Smith coming back and would have had no room for Hagan. Whoops.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Even then, we keep Clayton over Hagan? What has Clayton really done?

And am I the only one concerned about Jernigan? Doesn't he look and play exactly like Sinorice Moss did? I'll be patient, but truth be told, I expect absolutely nothing out of him this year. Let's see if the light turns on next year.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Btw, Rolle looked very good at nickel CB. He was pressing the crap out of Holmes and Holmes struggled to break through it.

I think as long as Ross can stay healthy, and Prince can give us solid reps as the 4 when he comes back, our secondary should be fine. We're still deep in the secondary if Prince can come back. Prince was a pro ready CB on paper, hopefully he can step up.

He was in a complex defense in Nebraska too.

I'm just worried about the offense. I just hope we can pound everyone to submission. I really wish we were able to see Barden this PS. He's so frustrating.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Barden is frustrating because he can really break through. Once he's healthy he'll be on the field. The secondary will likely still be fine but just for once I would have loved to see what this defense could do at full strength over a 10 game span.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Should've signed Randy Moss!

Oh yeah. I went there. Nicks in the slot beating up DBs inside. Moss going deep.

We still got time Reese. We still got time. Make the call.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

don't be so harsh on JJ early BBD, he's a 3rd round rookie out of Troy for pete's sake! give him time.

but yeah, Hixon needs to step it up, big time. We really just need to draft Sanu next draft, justs sayin'.

I never bought the Cruz hype, Clayton I love, but is blah on O as Zak stated before. Man, it'd be something to see Thomas live up to his draft slot and be a playmaker for us on O
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
don't be so harsh on JJ early BBD, he's a 3rd round rookie out of Troy for pete's sake! give him time.

but yeah, Hixon needs to step it up, big time. We really just need to draft Sanu next draft, justs sayin'.

I never bought the Cruz hype, Clayton I love, but is blah on O as Zak stated before. Man, it'd be something to see Thomas live up to his draft slot and be a playmaker for us on O
Or Mark Harrison if he decides to leave early.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'd love Sanu honestly. He's basically the 2nd coming of Hakeem Nicks.

If our WR core looks the same as is right now come week 17, I'm all for drafting Sanu in round 1. Even over a LB.

I'm going to be patient with Jernigan. I'm just saying, early reviews aren't too good. He just reminds me of Sinorice. And that's never a good thing.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I AM going to be harsh on Beckum though. He sucks.

He just has no place in our offense. He's a glorified big body WR. You figure we would flex him out to the slot and use him in that role but he just seems to struggle running routes.

If you guys think Mario sucks at running routes (he's not great, but he takes more heat than he deserves on this board for it), go watch Beckum. He makes Mario look like Steve Smith.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

NYG would be mighty happy if we went Sanu in Round 1 I would think. He's pleading for high level offensive players.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Beckum has and will always be a terrible draft pick. I still don't understand what they were thinking with him. He's going to be forced into the offense more now so his numbers at the end of the year probably won't look terrible but what a waste.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah based on what I read on an Oak Raiders MB they like him. LOL. You didn't know we let him go or chose not to re-sign him? I thought he was a solid player for us.

He is doing well in Oakland for us though.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Hey,

Which member made a play and helped me post a Coughlin transcript based on how complex our offense is? It should be somewhere in the 57 pages, but one member made a play and found it. Can that member re-post it?
Old 08-31-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanu across from Nicks with Mannigham, Jernegan and Cruz?!? I'm hard just thinking about it lol

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to worry about our passing game once the games start to matter and it's holding us back. With an improved OL, we'll be running the **** out of the ball. That'll beat defenses up and mean that Eli will have more time in the pocket than he's gotten the past few years. With an easy start to the season and that extra time in the pocket and the easier situations he'll face with an improved running game I expect him to develop chemistry with the young receivers just fine. The short offseason really ****** us in terms of eli getting to build chemistry with some of these guys in the confines of our offensive system.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Hey,

Which member made a play and helped me post a Coughlin transcript based on how complex our offense is? It should be somewhere in the 57 pages, but one member made a play and found it. Can that member re-post it?
I think I helped you might that post might have been in the old Giants discussion thread. We had that problem where the old thread got deleted somehow.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think I helped you might that post might have been in the old Giants discussion thread. We had that problem where the old thread got deleted somehow.
Hmm.. where did you find it prior though? Can you find the site? That's such a key quote.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Hmm.. where did you find it prior though? Can you find the site? That's such a key quote.
When I looked the first time I just found it from when you first posted it. I got it off that thread.

sig by BoneKrusher