Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-28-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NYG, do you have any thoughts on what you expect to see from our new offence?

We have the position coaches in place, and Coughlin has said it will be a mix of new stuff combined with some of what we have done in the past.

so what do you think our offensive scheme will likely be like?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys planning to resign Nicks? And what was his deal this year? Did he just pack it in, or was it a product of the offense having such a rough year or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:17 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Are you guys planning to resign Nicks? And what was his deal this year? Did he just pack it in, or was it a product of the offense having such a rough year or both?
i think there's about a 0% chance we bring him back. We blew him off at the end of the year meeting apparently.

It's a combo of both. He was supposedly dealing through injuries but he just didn't look like he was giving his all. Again, maybe it was frustration with how bad the offense was, but he looked off all year
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm, I wanted to trade for him so badly this past season but after having finished all 16 games I'm concerned whether or not its worth trying to bring him in. I loved Nicks for you guys a couple years ago before his injury started to hamper his production. Wasn't sure if there was something wrong with him or he has just gotten injury prone the last few seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think we were a better offense when Nicks was on the field. He has definitely lost a step, but he still wins at the catch point. I think he'll do well wherever he goes.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:43 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
NYG, do you have any thoughts on what you expect to see from our new offence?

We have the position coaches in place, and Coughlin has said it will be a mix of new stuff combined with some of what we have done in the past.

so what do you think our offensive scheme will likely be like?
I am not sure. I expect a lot of WCO passing concepts and some 5 and 7 step concepts from existing passing game.

I will try to do formation breakdowns and passing and running play diagrams. I will be graduate school but I really, really will try to get this offense and formation mapped out.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I still think we were a better offense when Nicks was on the field. He has definitely lost a step, but he still wins at the catch point. I think he'll do well wherever he goes.
When he wants to. Which wasn't often this past season.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am not sure. I expect a lot of WCO passing concepts and some 5 and 7 step concepts from existing passing game.

I will try to do formation breakdowns and passing and running play diagrams. I will be graduate school but I really, really will try to get this offense and formation mapped out.
Very interesting

I am curious to see how it works on the field. It seems to be a very interesting option
Old 01-29-2014, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Mike Sullivan has been hired as the Titans assistant OL coach.

I would have rather had Sullivan as our TE coach
Old 01-29-2014, 03:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I really wish we could be a fly on the wall this offseason and over hear the conversations, hirings, firings, and retirement of KG. I want to know how it went down.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Well I really wish we could be a fly on the wall this offseason and over hear the conversations, hirings, firings, and retirement of KG. I want to know how it went down.
Agreed.

I certainly think that Coughlin wanted Sullivan, but I think Mara and Reese had their input.

Did Gilbride jump before he was pushed?

What about Pope and Ingram? Were they a bad fit for what McAdoo wants to bring to the offense?

I don't get how Sullivan went from being a candidate for OC to having to take an assitant OL job. At the very least he could have been an option for WR or TE coach.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, once he was eliminated from the OC search, I'm happy he wasn't hired elsewhere on the team. Too many cooks, as the saying goes.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

K Josh Brown has had a few things to say about Tom Quinn

"I'm actually in support of Coach Quinn. I think out of the number of special teams guys that I've had I think he's one of the better teachers, I really do. I think he's a very intelligent person and I think he deserves to be there. You can't blame the coach because the players aren't doing their job, you just can't. These are grown men, they're expected to do their job. They're given an assignment, it's explained, it's explained very well from what I've seen throughout my career. I think he does a great job of teaching and putting people in positions to make plays. It's a matter of execution. In the end yeah, coaches get fired, they become scapegoats when the money is too expensive in one area sometimes, but I don't feel that way in this situation. I really feel like we had great meetings, I feel like we had great practices, we're just not able to execute in the moment . What do you expect of the man, you can't put all that on him ... It's one of those things where a player's got to execute, a coach has got to coach and I think he did a great job."

It also looks like he will be back as kicker

“I absolutely would love to be back with the Giants. I conveyed that with them,” Brown said in an interview Wednesday with NJ.com. “I was picking up that they were feeling the same exact way.”
Old 01-31-2014, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Sounds like along with Josh Brown; Andre Brown, Beason and Stevie Brown could all be resigned before FA.

We have enough Brown's?
Old 01-31-2014, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Naa I'd like a few more.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strahan elected to HOF!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-01-2014, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woot! Haha, arguably the best run stopping DE ever. Plus a damn good pass rusher. It's hard not to love Strahan.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Jerry Reese's son J.R. Reese is going to Rutgers as a preferred walk on as a QB. Jerry should have the inside look on a lot of Rutgers guys for the next 5 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Jerry Reese's son J.R. Reese is going to Rutgers as a preferred walk on as a QB. Jerry should have the inside look on a lot of Rutgers guys for the next 5 years.
Yeah, all 6 of them at this rate with all the decommits
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Yeah, all 6 of them at this rate with all the decommits
Once we get this clown out of here next year we'll dominate.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
So he knows who not to pick?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
So he knows who not to pick?
Yup works both ways. Darius Hamilton would be a good legacy pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-05-2014, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...b-3a6437890be5

here is an interesting article from giants.com on McAdoo's red zone offense

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-05-2014 at 03:06 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Is Kenny Phillips really done? No interest after getting released from the Eagles last offseason.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...ants-1.6955285

Figured it was only a matter of time before the Finley rumors started.