Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-31-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh ok, that makes sense. Damn, giants.com has to make it easier to sift through archives.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Oh ok, that makes sense. Damn, giants.com has to make it easier to sift through archives.
Yeah I tried doing a Google search but couldn't come up with it. If we knew when he said it would be a lot easier obviously.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah I tried doing a Google search but couldn't come up with it. If we knew when he said it would be a lot easier obviously.

That Texans game at Houston where Nicks scored, and we held Foster to practically nothing.

It was that game, and afterward
Old 08-31-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was this it?

Quote:
Well, they’re spending more time together. They’ve grown to know each other better. There’s good communication between the two. There’s an expectation level that’s very high. Throughout the course of the week in which you prepare, you’re talking constantly about what the expectation is from the quarterback standpoint, what the receiver is going to do in this situation. We knew that there would be a lot of press involved yesterday and so that ability of the two players to talk about how in fact the receiver was going to get off the ball, what his best method was, how his break point would be affected by the way in which the opponent plays, so all of those things. You just give them more time to work together.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Was this it?
No he talked about the complexity of the offense in this quote.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
No he talked about the complexity of the offense in this quote.
I looked through all of the October transcripts for that month and that was the closest thing I could find. Sorry man.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I looked through all of the October transcripts for that month and that was the closest thing I could find. Sorry man.
Thanks man for trying!
Old 09-01-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about tonight's game?
Old 09-01-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I do but none of the starters are going to play so it doesn't really matter. I'm hoping Weatherford wins the punting job tonight though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-01-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to lie, I've cared about preseason the least I think I've ever cared about preseason. Barden's my only real surprise from what I've heard, as he was another player that I thought might take a big step this year the way Beatty, Joseph and JPP seem poised to do. The shortened offseason's really tainted everything for me since I think it's a big part of why our passing game is having issues. This complicated offense requires tons of repetition so that guys don't get caught up thinking on the field but are still making the right decisions, that takes time and I can just hope that the early season schedule provides us that time.

I'm still excited to see our defense with a DL that'll be scary as long as it's health doesn't get worse, losing Austin hurts on this point especially since he would've really helped keep Canty fresh. I'm still excited about the changing of the guard along the OL, I've been a big Beatty supporter, I'm a fan of Baas', and I love the idea of Diehl playing a position he's better suited for than LT. With a strong OL our backs should be in for a huge year, I think both Jacobs and Bradshaw can break 1000 yards and if needed both Ware and Scott can fill in successfully.

I'm concerned about Eli, but I'm reassured by our early season schedule. Him and his new targets just need reps together and once the games start to matter more I think Eli will hone in on doing what the receivers can do, not what Killdrive wants them to do. I think Nicks will become that go to guy that Steve Smith used to be even if it's coming from a different part of the field. Although that'll mean that Mario needs to step up and really draw attention from defenses this year and that third receiver, whether it's Cruz, Hixon, Thomas or even maybe Barden eventually, needs to burn teams when they get the chance. I'm expecting very little production from the TE which is why I think we need our 3rd WR to provide some big plays to keep teams from focusing in on Mario and Nicks. But if our running game is clicking like it should and we stay committed to it, I do ultimately trust Eli to figure out how to deliver the few clutch plays we'll need, especially if him and Nicks start clicking again.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 09-01-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I might be crazy but I think Watson or Kennedy end up helping out the line in a very good way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I might be crazy but I think Watson or Kennedy end up helping out the line in a very good way.
I hope so since Watson has been a useful rotational player before, but I'm not going to hold my breath on giants FA DT signings. I'm cautiously optimistic that we can keep our DTs fresh since Joseph will take over at NT, we've got those guys on the bench and we might be seeing 4 DE packages again, but it is a concern for me since a lack of depth down the middle is what killed our D last year. It wore Canty out which hurt our run D and it meant our LBs had to do more which wore down Boley from his probowl early season pace.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not watching the game, but we must be giving Andre Brown every chance possible to make the team. 21 carries in the first half????
Old 09-01-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Not watching the game, but we must be giving Andre Brown every chance possible to make the team. 21 carries in the first half????
Yeah, and he is looking very good out there as well. Had some nice runs against the Pats 1st string defense. I want us to roll with him as our 3rd back, but I am not sure if we can manage to lure Da'rel Scott onto the practice squad. I like him a lot as well.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets would snatch up Da'rel Scott in a second if the Giants put him on the market.

Last edited by LTgiants : 09-01-2011 at 08:16 PM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sintim down. Looks serious. At this rate, we're not going to have a defense by october...
Old 09-01-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Sorry for him. Can our damn defensive players who are drafted early stay healthy? God that's very frustrating!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

LOL! We scored a TD on a fake punt! Da'rel Scott is soo fast, He bles by Brandon Tate like he was A DT. We should carry four RBs this yr, Bradshaw,Jacobs,Brown and Scott. i don't want to lose any of them.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what about Ware?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there is anyway you guys get Scott to the PS, he's a keeper for the future. I really hope Sintim is ok, he's 1 of my favorite Giants, sounds like this might be a big injury plagued season for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
what about Ware?
Meh. He's all right i guess, but Scott and Brown are really exciting backs. And I agree with you Longhorn, there's no way we get Scott on the PS now.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Scott made the team last night. Sorry Brown.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2011, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't think there is anyway you guys get Scott to the PS, he's a keeper for the future. I really hope Sintim is ok, he's 1 of my favorite Giants, sounds like this might be a big injury plagued season for you guys.
Out for the year. Also every year since the Super Bowl has been injury plagued.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

So we IR Clint S.

Keep Jacobs, Bradshaw, Brown and D. Scott..

4 Backs for a team that has an offensive identity of running ball.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think we're going to keep Brown. The coaching staff really likes Ware and he's been a good soldier in his time here. Brown will get another shot somewhere else.

With the Sintim injury I guess we will keep Herzlich, Paysinger, Williams, and Tracy. I thought one or two of them might get cut but we'll keep one and try to PS Williams most likely.

sig by BoneKrusher