Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-05-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is interested to me just how much better our defense was once we brought in Beason. It is pretty clear we need that defensive QB who makes others play better. This is a role we need. Beason is solid but he has injury history and limitations in coverage.

one guy I really like is CJ Mosley who can be groomed for that role and is a legit three down LB.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks on JF. The guy is coming back from a big time injury, and he drops a lot of balls. I know Cruz had drops too a few years back. I would rather us draft a TE for once and play the guy. I was watching Shockey highlights and I have to say I miss the guy.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I think Kenny is done. We didn't even offer him a minimum contract, the only offer he got was a minimum from Philly and he didn't even make it through PS. He's done.

I don't want Finley either. Too many drops for me, and he's a bit of an idiot, and on top of that a serious neck injury. We should pass.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

I dont mind the idea of kicking the tires on a cheap contract for Finley, Davis or Quarles.

there are a few decent TE options in the mid to late rounds of the draft
Old 02-13-2014, 11:59 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see us try to sign Alex Mack C from the browns and Jon Asamoah G from the chiefs. Don't know the likelihood, but I feel like drafting an OL to win now isn't very effective.

1. CJ Mosley LB
2. Marion Grice RB
3. LaMarcus Joyner DB
4. Antone Exum S

Id like to see something like this

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I would like to see us try to sign Alex Mack C from the browns and Jon Asamoah G from the chiefs. Don't know the likelihood, but I feel like drafting an OL to win now isn't very effective.

1. CJ Mosley LB
2. Marion Grice RB
3. LaMarcus Joyner DB
4. Antone Exum S

Id like to see something like this
I get the feeling the oline will largely be sorted in free agency.

I am curious to see what happens with Joseph. If we don't sign him to an extension, he could be a candidate for the franchise tag.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see us sign Nate Burelson, that'd be pretty cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I would love to see us sign Nate Burelson, that'd be pretty cool
Burelson excels in the slot.. We don't need another one of those. We need a possession wr or a nice big target at TE.

Sign Manningham on the cheap and draft Troy Niklas in the 2nd. Now that's what I'm talmbout.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I am intriged by what is happening with Linval Joseph.

He is a good experienced and durable young player and while I would like to see him resigned before free agency, I think he wants to at least test the market. Both the free agency and draft groups at thin at DT this year.

My question is, if he is expected to get more than we are willing to pay, is it worth franchising him and trading him ahead of free agency? I would imagine he is worth at least what we got for Shockey (2nd and 5th)

There are a lot of teams looking to upgrade DT/NT including 49ers, Bears, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Cowboys, Packers, Patriots, Raiders, Redskins, Steelers, Vikings.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:03 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joseph is what 25 years old? You bite the bullet and pay that man. He's earned it and will continue getting better. There is no other option.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you let him walk honestly. He's a 2 down DT who offers nothing as a pass rusher, and we already have a cheaper guy in house in Big Hank who can easily replace him.

Now ideally I'd like to have both of them on 1st and 2nd down and just swallow the run, but if Joseph is demanding too much money you let him walk, draft a mid round DT for depth, and you don't shed a tear.

We don't really use DTs as much as other teams do. We don't need to pay top dollar for a 2 gap 2 down run stuffing DT.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Mayock. Our run game was so good this year in large part due to Joseph.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

But at what cost? You have to factor in cost. Why can't Big Hank fill his shoes?

I think once he starts demanding money above our baseline you gotta let him walk. You can't overpay for a 2 down run stuffer. It just doesn't make financial sense to do so. It's short sighted.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Hank but we still haven't seen him over a full year. We know what we have with Joseph and he's continued to get better year after year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-21-2014, 08:39 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can't bring back Joseph because his asking price is too high, I'd love to bring in BJ Raji as his replacement for cheaper

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The problem I have with Joseph is he's pretty much hit his ceiling. And I don't deny that he's very good at what he does, but at the same time, I just don't like paying big bucks to a DT who can't rush the passer. I feel like those run stuffer types are easier to replace in the draft and because there is such a premium placed on pass rushing in the draft, you can find run stuffers at a fairly reasonable price.

I set a price on Joseph within our budget and I don't budge on it. You have to stick to your plan and not overpay for limited players. We replaced Coffield with Joseph, I'm confident that we can replace Joseph with Hank. It's a cycle.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
If we can't bring back Joseph because his asking price is too high, I'd love to bring in BJ Raji as his replacement for cheaper
I think Raji is the better player, but he won't be cheaper than Joseph.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:33 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Big Hank, but we had a good thing going and retaining Joseph may not be as expensive as many of you think unless he's being targeted as a NT (which I think is a little far reaching as was the case with Coffield)

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

I think he gets a deal similar to what marks got for the jags (4-$22). Marks is a slightly better interior rusher but Joseph is better vs the run. 5-$25 with 10 mil guaranteed sounds fair to me.

Mara said going into last offseason that controlling the trenches was our priority. We can't let our most consistent, dependable, and best dt of the last 3 seasons walk. What kind of message does that send?

Hankins and Joseph could be a dominating pair for years to come. We got something there. We shouldn't lose that.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If that's the contract I'm good with it. I just don't want to see us give him 6 mill plus.

5 is the highest I'd go.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Coughlin got an extra yr tacked onto his contract. No surprise.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-21-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said he will be involved in the offensive discussions, but that offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo will have the final say in play calling.

from kffl.com
Old 02-21-2014, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Coughlin got an extra yr tacked onto his contract. No surprise.
No surprise but things are starting to come together. Nice to see Coughlin get the expected support.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Maycock View Post
I think he gets a deal similar to what marks got for the jags (4-$22). Marks is a slightly better interior rusher but Joseph is better vs the run. 5-$25 with 10 mil guaranteed sounds fair to me.

Mara said going into last offseason that controlling the trenches was our priority. We can't let our most consistent, dependable, and best dt of the last 3 seasons walk. What kind of message does that send?

Hankins and Joseph could be a dominating pair for years to come. We got something there. We shouldn't lose that.
That's my general thinking as well. It will all come down to money.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said OG Chris Snee (hip) is recovering from hip surgery but should be ready for next season. Snee likely will need to restructure his contract in order to return to the team.

From kffl.com

if Snee is heathly and drops his cap number, he could be really useful on the oline. He could even be in the mix at center if Baas departs.