Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-26-2014, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like the FA OTs more than the FA Gs.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I actually like the FA OTs more than the FA Gs.
They'll also be more expensive. I wonder how much we'll be trying to mirror Green Bay's line. They had a ton of injuries, but everyone seems like they aren't physically huge players.

Schwartz seems to be the biggest name linked, but hes listed at 340, is that too big?

Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While McAdoo will bring in a new system, I still believe we'll be more balanced on offense than GB was prior to getting Lacy. I can still see us running power a lot. So I'm not exactly sure what we're looking for in OLmen anymore.

We probably don't like the big bulky guys. Even under Gilbride we liked guys who were nimble and can pull. So I'd imagine guys who are 6 5" 320 range is what we want.

But that's just a guess. I really don't know what to expect on offense next year.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The article said despite his size Schwartz graded well in screen plays.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The article said despite his size Schwartz graded well in screen plays.
According to PFF, which I don't really trust. But if true, or adding any FA guard, I think we're looking good heading into the draft.

I'm actually warming up to the first round TE or defensive player. Previously I thought it had to be OL or bust. Still want the trade back!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
While McAdoo will bring in a new system, I still believe we'll be more balanced on offense than GB was prior to getting Lacy. I can still see us running power a lot. So I'm not exactly sure what we're looking for in OLmen anymore.

We probably don't like the big bulky guys. Even under Gilbride we liked guys who were nimble and can pull. So I'd imagine guys who are 6 5" 320 range is what we want.

But that's just a guess. I really don't know what to expect on offense next year.
That's what makes this off season so much fun. I can't remember being so excited for an off season. I am very interested to see what Ben M. installs to this offense. I hope it's a lot different.

I want to see how he does with personnel utilization. How does he mold his scheme to our personnel? I would like to see JJ and Cruz in the slot when we do shotgun- Ace Double slot. I want to see a good TE, like Ebron, go Ace-Y Trips left and right which we ran when Shockey was here.

We haven't used that formation for a long time. So there are things I am curious to see.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One rule for this time of year, never put much stock in the rumors.

..but that article didn't mention Saffold who has the versatility we like and who looked like a pro bowl caliber G.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Saffold intrigues me. It sounds like he revived his career at G and would be an interesting option. He would probably come cheaper than the other guys too.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
According to PFF, which I don't really trust. But if true, or adding any FA guard, I think we're looking good heading into the draft.

I'm actually warming up to the first round TE or defensive player. Previously I thought it had to be OL or bust. Still want the trade back!
No, just...no. I will be furious if we take a TE.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
No, just...no. I will be furious if we take a TE.
and why is that, exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The Browns just cut D'Qwell Jackson!

Let's do it!!!!!
Old 02-26-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
It's Forenci. Terrible opinions are kind of his thang.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A TE at 12, no thanks. Trade back about 10 spots then ok.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
A TE at 12, no thanks. Trade back about 10 spots then ok.

Ebron's probably not going to be there at #22.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the player warrants that pick, I don't care what spot it is. If the player does not, then that's a debatable issue. At 12, if he is the best guy there, and we go TE, that's fine.

Same with DT. I don't want a DT, but if they think it's a good pick and Donald warrants the 12 overall pick, I would not be a fan, but fine, I understand.

I think Ebron for us would be a great addition.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I actually agree with him. I just wanted to say that. Bc it's true.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Ebron's probably not going to be there at #22.
He might be. There are so many players in this draft we're gonna have 2 rounds worth of 1st round talents (in comparison to other years at least).
Old 02-26-2014, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really have no idea if Ebron would be a good fit for us in this offense. If we still had Gilbride Ebron would be a awful choice at #12.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm not as high on Ebron as others are.

I much rather get a WR than a TE honestly. Ebron can't block for **** so he'd just be a glorified WR anyway.

I want to give Robinson/mid round TE/cheap veteran one more year then take a hard look at TE if need be.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I was unaware that Donald Butler is a FA. If he's on the market, I'd hope the Giants sign him at MIKE.

If not him, then go after Jackson, followed by Dansby then Beason.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Because no TE in this draft is worth a near almost top 10 pick? And because we have TONS of other huge needs. And we've proven we don't need a good TE to be a top tier offense. Unless we're getting a Gronkowski or Jimmy Graham type talent..no thanks. Not to mention both of those guys were not first round picks. When is the last elite TE to come out of the first round? Vernon Davis? Mind the dude was a freak of nature and is basically a WR in terms of speed. Even he's had tons of up and downs.

Hey guys, OL is falling apart, tons of huge holes on defense, don't have a RB worth a damn, and we have questions marks at WR too. Lets draft a TE!

I dismiss NYG's point because, in my opinion, there will be no TE that is BPA at our pick. Too much talent in this draft.

And can we get over this whole BPA thing once and for all? Of course you want the best pick available but EVERY GM bases the pick on a balance of need and BPA. You'd be stupid not to. Every pick is has an opportunity cost and lost. Just saying, "hey man, lets just take the best player available no matter what" does not make sense economically. If we have five great CBs on long-term contract, and the BPA is a CB, do you take him? Or better yet, say we have three great CBs, or two. Do you take him then, even though you have rated just below him a OT that is a HUGE need and will bet set at CB? This is a salary cap era. Every thing has to be balanced. Spending not only the money, but that draft pick is incurs an opportunity cost.

Now perhaps using CB as the position is a bad example in today's game because of how many good ones are needed due to a passing league, as well as the fact they are more utilized than say a TE, but the point still remains. In addition, every position has certain values assigned to them as well. Whether we agree with them or not. QB is much more valuable than HB, so how do you weight that when you're making the BPA? What does the BPA mean? Best player/pick talent wise, or the best player that fits your teams needs?

Quote:
It's Forenci. Terrible opinions are kind of his thang.

Psh. Good thing you always thought Woodson was a terrible coach like me since he's been here. Oh wait, you thought he was a top tier coach in the NBA because your opinions are always incorrect.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yet our front office, both Reese and Ross, both went and personally scouted the guy. Something we hadn't done since JPP with Pat Kirwan reported everyone went down to scout him.

I am not saying Ebron will be our pick, but set your mind straight, because he very well could be our pick at 12. So mentally prepare yourself so you don't have a coronary when the pick is announced.

I am fine with a OL like lewan, or Cb, like Gilbert. I am not sold on Evans so he is a guy I don't want.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ebron more than likely would be used like Jimmy Graham so its basically picking a receiver at 12. I'm not opposed to it. If we can fix the majority of the line in FA then we have the luxury of taking a receiver at 12 wether it be a Wr or TE. Eli needs a big target.

I honestly wouldn't be opposed to taking two TEs in this draft much like the pats and colts have done in recent years. The position is evolving and is much more involved in offenses now them it ever was. Same could be said of safeties on the defensive side.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Quote:
I was unaware that Donald Butler is a FA. If he's on the market, I'd hope the Giants sign him at MIKE.

If not him, then go after Jackson, followed by Dansby then Beason.

I'd like to just retain Beason but if not Butler would be a nice plan b.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We really have no idea if Ebron would be a good fit for us in this offense. If we still had Gilbride Ebron would be a awful choice at #12.

I agree. It would be a god awful pick. But new OC new system, I think he would be a weapon for us.

If we utilize the full house backfield we can have Connor and Ebron and the RB whoever that is. We can run play side a d backside ISO and run play action off it with Ebron coming out of the backfield.

Like I said the fact both Reese and Ross went down to scout him says a lot. Last time everyone went down reported by Pat Kirwan was for JPP.

But I think Lewan may be our guy if no one else drops. So let's see what happens.