Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-06-2014, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Maycock View Post
And you homers act like he rewrote the record books. The other OTs progressed as well. Lane Johnson finished as one of the better run blockers of all RTs and only let up 3 sacks in the back half of the season. Fluker was asked to play LT. Joekel had his season cut real short but jax felt good enough to trade Monroe and move him to the left side before that. Fisher had the worst season but he even finished strong with a positive grade. Let's not act like Pugh completely blew away the other tackles and did something that was never done before.

Beatty struggled at LT horribly and yet coughin still kept Pugh at rt. That speaks volumes.

Our line depends on a few things. Do we feel Beatty can have a bounce back year? And will baas/snee be back?

If We lost all confidence in Beatty he needs to move to Rt. His contract won't allow his release and he'll do less damage there. Pugh then needs moved to G/C and we need to target a FA LT.

If we gamble on Beatty then we draft a T high in the draft and target a Saffold type player in FA.

Potential lines for next year.

Beatty-Saffold-baas-snee-Pugh -draft top tackle
Veldheer-Pugh-baas-snee-Beatty -boothe as backup

Next, does baas and snee take pay cuts. I think they do but this time we'll be better prepared for when they are injured.
Way to blow everything out of proportion. When has anyone said he's a future HOF stud? Pretty sure everyone thinks he's going to be a real good OLine player for the next 7-8 years. I'll take that every day of the week.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Who is acting like Pugh is the next Walter Jones? He's a solid player who's gonna be a starter on this lineup, I think that's the majority opinion on him. I don't think anyone expects him to be the best OT from that class, but I could care less if he is or isn't. I just want him to be a viable starter, and he's shown he can be that. Good enough for me.

I'm open to moving him around, but I won't lose sleep over keeping him at RT. I think he can play LT too. Coughlin has indicated that it's a potential possibility for him next year if he puts on enough weight.
Let's be reality for a sec, It's been a blowfest since the Pff report on how he did at the end of the season. Coughin never said LT.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
the whole RT- LT thing is so overblown and outdated at this point.

Why move Pugh if he was developing well at RT? Who says Beatty would do better at RT? It's a stupid notion that's been disproven over the past few years.

so the lack of a switch doesn't speak volumes even a little bit.
blindside is the blindside scottyboy.

Beatty struggled at LT if you didn't see last season. We can't release him because this isn't madden. So you see moving him to RT is probably the most logically choice. Pugh struggled at pass protection and has Trex arms. So instead of gambling with Pugh or Beatty at LT let's sign us a legit LT.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let's be reality for a sec, It's been a blowfest since the Pff report on how he did at the end of the season. Coughin never said LT.

Quote:
coach Tom Coughlin even talked of moving Justin Pugh to the left side on WFAN last week.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...s-knee-surgery
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Coughin never said Pugh will be our LT. Your reaching. Now left side I agree with. Moving him to left guard that is.

Edit: even if he did say it you think he'll show his cards? Fact is coughlin had all season to put Pugh at LT. Did he?

Last edited by Mike Maycock : 03-06-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First confirmed rumor that Giants will look at Dietrich-Smith if Baas is released.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is an interesting article from Gilbride with a very frank assessment of things

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...etirement.html

key section that I found interesting
Quote:
In his retirement, Gilbride was made a scapegoat of sorts after an injury-riddled offense sputtered to a 28th overall finish (307.5yards/game). But the coach is far from shouldering all the blame for what had happened, or accepting the rumors that he would have been forced out had he not retired – a claim that Tom Coughlin denied.

“I’m kind of surprised to hear him say that,” Gilbride said when asked about general manager Jerry Reese saying it was time for a change. “No one had figured that offense out for 24 years. To think that they figured it out this year would be pretty ludicrous. I think it was pretty obvious what the problems were. We had a confluence of injuries, we were very weak on the offensive line. We had some guys who struggled. We started six different offensive tailbacks, three different fullbacks, three different right guards, four different centers … You’re not going to have anything (with that). You can say it’s the offense, but it’s pretty clear what the problem was.”

Gilbride said he saw cracks in the Giants roster in 2012, and thought it was a matter of when – not if – a pitfall was coming.

“I certainly have expressed those concerns for a number of years,” Gilbride said. “It wasn’t a matter of if, it was a matter of when it was going to happen.”

Combined with a few other issues – Gilbride said he had “one guy playing” at wide receiver, which was Victor Cruz – there wasn’t much room for the system to thrive.
It seems to me that Jerry Reese may have been more responsible for our offensive problems last year.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
First confirmed rumor that Giants will look at Dietrich-Smith if Baas is released.
I think they Giants have a number of deals prepped and waiting to see what happens in free agency.

Dietrich Smith at center and Schwartz/Asamoah etc at RG and this offense takes on an entire new dimension.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Coughin never said Pugh will be our LT. Your reaching. Now left side I agree with. Moving him to left guard that is.

Edit: even if he did say it you think he'll show his cards? Fact is coughlin had all season to put Pugh at LT. Did he?
I actually like Pugh at LG quite a bit.

I could see it happening,

Bring back Snee on a minimum veteran contract, sign Asamoah and Dietrich Smith, draft Taylor Lewan then slot Pugh in at LG

Last edited by Big_Pete : 03-06-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
blindside is the blindside scottyboy.

Beatty struggled at LT if you didn't see last season. We can't release him because this isn't madden. So you see moving him to RT is probably the most logically choice. Pugh struggled at pass protection and has Trex arms. So instead of gambling with Pugh or Beatty at LT let's sign us a legit LT.
so, let's put Beatty at RT where he faces stronger DE's. Right. The big vagina that is Will beatty, at RT. Makes so much sense. There was literally no reason to move Pugh last year from RT because he was doing and developing well. His staying there didn't "speak volumes" like you suggest.

And signing D-Smith would be PERFECT. would be a HUGE signing for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

With the TE market the Giants should look into the possibility of trading for Jermaine Gresham.

He is in the last year of his rookie deal and has a substantial cap number for a backup TE.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so, let's put Beatty at RT where he faces stronger DE's. Right. The big vagina that is Will beatty, at RT. Makes so much sense. There was literally no reason to move Pugh last year from RT because he was doing and developing well. His staying there didn't "speak volumes" like you suggest.

And signing D-Smith would be PERFECT. would be a HUGE signing for us.
But but but there isn't a difference in the right or left side anymore.. Stop. You played yourself scottyboy.

You're right tho, there was no reason to move Pugh to Lt (a potential starting LT in your eyes) other than our star QB getting killed.. (*Sarcasm alert*)

See those other rookie tackles that moved from right to left moved there bc the blindside still in fact matters and they don't have physical limitations.

What I think we'll do is go with Beatty at LT and Pugh at RT to start the year. We'll draft an OT with in the first 3 rounds to be our swing tackle for two reasons. 1. Just in case Beatty doesn't regain 2012 form. 2. Snee gets hurt.

I think we'll sign a proven Vet to start at LG and possibly a center depending on what happens with Baas. Once Snee gets hurt Pugh will move down to G and the tackle will start at RT.

Starting line: Beatty- FA G (Saffold)- FA C (dSmith) or Baas- Snee til he gets hurt- Pugh til Snee gets hurt or Beatty sucks then in which case the rookie T steps in and Pugh moves to G.

I also think we draft a C/G in later rounds.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:39 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But but but there isn't a difference in the right or left side anymore.. Stop. You played yourself scottyboy.

You're right tho, there was no reason to move Pugh to Lt (a potential starting LT in your eyes) other than our star QB getting killed.. (*Sarcasm alert*)

See those other rookie tackles that moved from right to left moved there bc the blindside still in fact matters and they don't have physical limitations.

What I think we'll do is go with Beatty at LT and Pugh at RT to start the year. We'll draft an OT with in the first 3 rounds to be our swing tackle for two reasons. 1. Just in case Beatty doesn't regain 2012 form. 2. Snee gets hurt.

I think we'll sign a proven Vet to start at LG and possibly a center depending on what happens with Baas. Once Snee gets hurt Pugh will move down to G and the tackle will start at RT.

Starting line: Beatty- FA G (Saffold)- FA C (dSmith) or Baas- Snee til he gets hurt- Pugh til Snee gets hurt or Beatty sucks then in which case the rookie T steps in and Pugh moves to G.

I also think we draft a C/G in later rounds.

Did Pugh steal your girlfriend or something? I don't get why you feel the need to be so vocal about the fact that he isn't a hall of famer or something, nobody in here ever said he was? We said he looked promising from a small sample size at RT in his rookie year, and that he may be able to play LT if we need/want him to. Not that he's the best thing since sliced bread and will for sure be another Walter Jones.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:22 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Did Pugh steal your girlfriend or something?
That's original. I'm on record for saying he'd be a probowl caliber G. I'm debating the claim that he's an option at LT. Maybe you didn't realize you were on a sports forum where people have different opinions and debate them.

Quote:
I don't get why you feel the need to be so vocal about the fact that he isn't a hall of famer or something, nobody in here ever said he was?
Are you asking me? I said he wasn't a LT and graded out negative against the pass. I'm not the one who got butt hurt. You all got a lil man crush for him, it's cute.

Quote:
We said he looked promising from a small sample size at RT in his rookie year, and that he may be able to play LT if we need/want him to. Not that he's the best thing since sliced bread and will for sure be another Walter Jones.
Be a man and have an opinion. It's okay.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:25 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's original. I'm on record for saying he'd be a probowl caliber G. I'm debating the claim that he's an option at LT. Maybe you didn't realize you were on a sports forum where people have different opinions and debate them.
It's not the fact that you are trying to debate I have a problem with, it is the way you try to debate.

Quote:

Be a man and have an opinion. It's okay.
I have an opinion. I think Justin Pugh will be a great RT, a mauling guard, and if we need him to, an okay LT. Kinda like Dave Diehl was before he got old and became a turnstile.

If I could choose, I'd keep him at RT for the time being. I think we can find Guards in FA and the draft, and I don't want him to have to be our savior at LT when he's just getting his feet under the table at RT in the NFL.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Here is an interesting article from Gilbride with a very frank assessment of things

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...etirement.html

key section that I found interesting

It seems to me that Jerry Reese may have been more responsible for our offensive problems last year.

Boom or bust system. If no one figured it out we would we have games where the offense looked like they never saw a football before. One game pops into mind was the Denver Thanksgiving game. We have had others like the Browns game at Cleveland. We also have issues with the ball going one way and WR going another way

I wish someone would address or ask Gilbride that.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

I wouldn't be surprised if we are more active in the CB FA market then we are expecting.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are some of the FA corners?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Who are some of the FA corners?
Overthecap.com has a list of them. I'd like to see us get someone who can cover the slot but also prince excels at press coverage so we need a player that can press.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Hosley can perform as the slot CB this year. We drafted him only for that reason and now it's year 3 so put up or shut up. I'm expecting nothing though.

I also thought McBride played his way into a spot on the team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:14 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looking over the list I just see alot of players that were former castoffs from other teams, increasing my questions on how effective they are.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want the Packers Center. If a team with no OL refuses to re-sign their own player, what does that tell you?

The Packers OL sucks. They're in no position to let a OLmen walk if he's any good.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't want the Packers Center. If a team with no OL refuses to re-sign their own player, what does that tell you?

The Packers OL sucks. They're in no position to let a OLmen walk if he's any good.
Im kinda with you BBD, I only really see Mack as the guy to get. I just don't see us having cap space unless we make some real deals w current players/cutting others.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-07-2014, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it really was Mack or bust as far as FA Centers are concerned. Instead of overpaying for a mediocre Center (we did that with Baas and now look where we are) why don't we spend that money on other FAs that could help address holes for our team?

I don't like the idea of settling on another mediocre FA center and overpaying for him. That's David Baas all over again.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:04 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Its probably a little unrealistic to sign Mack unless we are going for 5 yrs (he'd be 33 at the end of his tenure) and around 6 mil a year.

Edit:

so I understand your rationale in wanting to go elsewhere in FA.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote: