Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-02-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Herzlich play? With Sintim to IR, I guess both Paysinger and Herzlich's spots just got a little safer.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
How did Herzlich play? With Sintim to IR, I guess both Paysinger and Herzlich's spots just got a little safer.
I didn't watch the game but reports are that he did well. He also had a sack in the game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't think we're going to keep Brown. The coaching staff really likes Ware and he's been a good soldier in his time here. Brown will get another shot somewhere else.

With the Sintim injury I guess we will keep Herzlich, Paysinger, Williams, and Tracy. I thought one or two of them might get cut but we'll keep one and try to PS Williams most likely.
Why Ware? I would keep Brown who is younger by a year and can be developed. I think he has more upside than Ware. You would keep Jones? No way, forget Tracy or like use that spot off a WR spot. Jones has flashed more than Herzlich.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Why Ware? I would keep Brown who is younger by a year and can be developed. I think he has more upside than Ware. You would keep Jones? No way, forget Tracy or like use that spot off a WR spot. Jones has flashed more than Herzlich.
I like Ware too. Everytime he gets in (however rare it is) he shows something. Younger by a year means nothing to me considering how under used Ware has been and the fact that Brown already has an achilles tear. Everyone said Brown looked good last night, I couldn't watch, but 21 carries for 68 yards is hardly impressive.

Was Ware hurt last night? The fact that he didn't have a carry or catch makes me think he has already made this team.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Ware too. Everytime he gets in (however rare it is) he shows something. Younger by a year means nothing to me considering how under used Ware has been and the fact that Brown already has an achilles tear. Everyone said Brown looked good last night, I couldn't watch, but 21 carries for 68 yards is hardly impressive.

Was Ware hurt last night. The fact that he didn't have a carry or catch makes me think he has already made this team.
Again, he did that with OUR 2nd UNIT against the Pats first unit. That's very impressive when you are running against guys like fat Albert, Wilfork and the other guy.

Put him with our first unit and he can make things happen. Eventually Ware has to do something, or he will get beat by a younger guy, which could happen this year.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Again, he did that with OUR 2nd UNIT against the Pats first unit. That's very impressive when you are running against guys like fat Albert, Wilfork and the other guy.

Put him with our first unit and he can make things happen. Eventually Ware has to do something, or he will get beat by a younger guy, which could happen this year.
How can you judge that Ware has to do something? When has he had the opportunity? It's not like we were ever expecting him to do anything other than be a 3rd RB. I don't know why they don't let him return kicks more often.

Again, I really do think the fact that he didn't play at all makes me believe his spot on the team isn't in question. Unless he was hurt.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think our 53 man roster will look like? My guess is this:

When Barden comes back from the PUP he will most likely take Okpokowuruk's spot

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I think that looks fairly accurate. Probably going to be correct within 1 or 2 choices.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
How can you judge that Ware has to do something? When has he had the opportunity? It's not like we were ever expecting him to do anything other than be a 3rd RB. I don't know why they don't let him return kicks more often.

Again, I really do think the fact that he didn't play at all makes me believe his spot on the team isn't in question. Unless he was hurt.
When he played last season against the Vikings in garbage time. You don't get a roster spot just because. If Brown has higher potential and is better than the player he was when we scouted him, then he could get that spot. Scott I don't think will be cut, so that leaves Ware out.

Again, it may come down to special teams where Brown played as well. He got the call and made the call to do the fake punt. So that will contribute too, if he can play special teams and be a leader on the punt team.

Well if they let Ware do that and he got hurt then what? Bradshaw and Jacobs aren't superman back there in terms of durability.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Well if they let Ware do that and he got hurt then what? Bradshaw and Jacobs aren't superman back there in terms of durability.
I don't get this last part. If they let Ware do what and got hurt? Play on the punt team? It would be the same scenario if any RB played there.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Jones had a guaranteed spot so I didn't list him with the others. He will definitely be here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't get this last part. If they let Ware do what and got hurt? Play on the punt team? It would be the same scenario if any RB played there.
Return kicks. Didn't he return kick offs at one point?
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Williams making the roster, I think Paysinger, Herzy and of course Jones have all proven to be better

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Coughlin likes Ware. There's no way he's getting cut for Brown. I think it's more likely they keep all 5 than actually cutting Ware.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Return kicks. Didn't he return kick offs at one point?
Well yeah. But you could say that about Hixon too. If Hixon got hurt returning kicks, some other WR would have to step up. Anyway, I think we are keeping 4 RBs. Scott would have to step up and bring the insurance if Jacobs or Bradshaw missed time.

But that is probably all a moot point anyway. We've seen a lot of returns because I think teams are practicing it, but when the season starts, I think we see a lot of kneels. I probably shouldn't have brought up kick returns.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I also think they keep Rosenfels over Carr.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Well yeah. But you could say that about Hixon too. If Hixon got hurt returning kicks, some other WR would have to step up. Anyway, I think we are keeping 4 RBs. Scott would have to step up and bring the insurance if Jacobs or Bradshaw missed time.
Well, that's not a good thing putting him back there with Bradshaw and Jacobs not staying healthy.

And I think that's what we are seeing. No Hixon returning kicks. Who are we seeing? Thomas. Punts? JJ... I don't think we are putting Hixon back there considering he can play X Z and Y.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I also think they keep Rosenfels over Carr.
Really? Did Rosenfels play at all this preseason? I'd rather have Carr on past experience.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Well, that's not a good thing putting him back there with Bradshaw and Jacobs not staying healthy.

And I think that's what we are seeing. No Hixon returning kicks. Who are we seeing? Thomas. Punts? JJ... I don't think we are putting Hixon back there considering he can play X Z and Y.
No way Coughlin lets JJ catch a punt regular season. I think he is just avoiding injury to the real returners in fake games.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Really? Did Rosenfels play at all this preseason? I'd rather have Carr on past experience.
No, he has a bad sore throat and now a back issue..

Ware had an injury and didn't play. Beckum has an ankle injury and didn't play as well.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Rosenfels played in the first game and he was really good. He's had an unfortunate situation with the strep getting into his blood stream but I still think they keep him. He's owed more money also so the cap hit would be bigger than keeping Carr.

Also Jernigan won't be returning punts during the regualr season. Coughlin's biggest thing in punts is ball security and the major issue JJ is having right now. Let's not forget the torturous years of having McQuarters return punts because he hardly ever fumbled.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
No way Coughlin lets JJ catch a punt regular season. I think he is just avoiding injury to the real returners in fake games.
That's why he is getting these reps. It's not like we are doing this for the fun of it. That's why they are throwing JJ in the deep in. No mini camps, no OTAs, so if you want the guy to be in that role, he has to play that role every single time possible.

You could be right too. But at least you'd see "that" guy sometimes. If you read the training camp reports, it looks like JJ is the guy. It's not like someone else is doing it, and we are tossing JJ for the fun of it.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Rosenfels played in the first game and he was really good. He's had an unfortunate situation with the strep getting into his blood stream but I still think they keep him. He's owed more money also so the cap hit would be bigger than keeping Carr.
That cap hit is only $700,000.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
That cap hit is only $700,000.
Still cheaper than Carr.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
That's why he is getting these reps. It's not like we are doing this for the fun of it. That's why they are throwing JJ in the deep in. No mini camps, no OTAs, so if you want the guy to be in that role, he has to play that role every single time possible.

You could be right too. But at least you'd see "that" guy sometimes. If you read the training camp reports, it looks like JJ is the guy. It's not like someone else is doing it, and we are tossing JJ for the fun of it.
I agree, I think they put him into there to see IF he could do it. And now that he's shown he can't, they are going to go back to someone he knows that can.