Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-02-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I agree, I think they put him into there to see IF he could do it. And now that he's shown he can't, they are going to go back to someone he knows that can.
That could be like I said, but you'd think they would give that guy some reps in a game time situation. Plus who is that? Darius R? You normally don't put a cold guy who hasnt done it for a year in game time situation and now stick him in there rusty. It's not like they gave him reps to shake off the rust. If they did then I would agree to what you are saying without any doubts. But all indications seemed we were going hardcore with JJ trying to break him in. That goes from practice to games. Every second and every chance we seemed to toss him in and let him swim.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Still cheaper than Carr.
Yeah. I think Carr is better. It might be worth saving 700,000 though considering we're probably screwed either way if any have to play extensively.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah. I think Carr is better. It might be worth saving 700,000 though considering we're probably screwed either way if any have to play extensively.
This is true. I shudder to think of our team without Eli playing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
That could be like I said, but you'd think they would give that guy some reps in a game time situation. Plus who is that? Darius R? You normally don't put a cold guy who hasnt done it for a year in game time situation and now stick him in there rusty. It's not like they gave him reps to shake off the rust. If they did then I would agree to what you are saying without any doubts. But all indications seemed we were going hardcore with JJ trying to break him in. That goes from practice to games. Every second and every chance we seemed to toss him in and let him swim.
Hixon probably.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am kind of suprised they haven't let anyone else at all return punts. That doesn't make much sense to me.

NYG who punted better last night? Weatherford or Dode?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hixon probably.

See I don't like that. And if he gets jacked up, then what? Cruz? Thomas? I'd rather keep him healthy and let him play in all the personnel packages. Unless we plan on making Cruz play Z and move MM as Y, assuming Hixon gets hurt.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
See I don't like that. And if he gets jacked up, then what? Cruz? Thomas? I'd rather keep him healthy and let him play in all the personnel packages. Unless we plan on making Cruz play Z and move MM as Y, assuming Hixon gets hurt.
You can't always be worried about people getting jacked up. You're sounding like the commissioner.

From what I have seen, the chances of Jernigan muffing 8 punts throughout the season is much greater than Hixon getting hurt.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
You can't always be worried about people getting jacked up. You're sounding like the commissioner.

From what I have seen, the chances of Jernigan muffing 8 punts throughout the season is much greater than Hixon getting hurt.
I am worried because of depth and impact in terms of scheme. Otherwise I could careless. Fassel did that to Sehorn, and Sehorn was a shell of himself. The rule is dont put your good players back there. That's why you put scrubs there and that's their ticket to make the team.

Hixon's value now with Smith gone has gone up big time in terms of role and meaning for this offense. That's the perspective where I am coming from. If he was there with a better WR in front, then play him all you want. If he gets hurt, that would stink, but ah well.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I wonder if Scott can return kicks or punts. I'd love to see his speed on show during specials.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
What do you guys think our 53 man roster will look like? My guess is this:

When Barden comes back from the PUP he will most likely take Okpokowuruk's spot
Brian Williams is the extra corner.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Actually I screwed this up. We would be saving a significant amount of money by cutting Rosenfels. The 700,000 is just his portion of the signing bonus which would be dead money. But his base salary is 3 milion. So we would be saving 2.3 million. David Carr only makes 800,000 to 900,000.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I am worried because of depth and impact in terms of scheme. Otherwise I could careless. Fassel did that to Sehorn, and Sehorn was a shell of himself. The rule is dont put your good players back there. That's why you put scrubs there and that's their ticket to make the team.

Hixon's value now with Smith gone has gone up big time in terms of role and meaning for this offense. That's the perspective where I am coming from. If he was there with a better WR in front, then play him all you want. If he gets hurt, that would stink, but ah well.
Well Sehorn is a bit different than Hixon. Sehorn was a legitimately very good player. Hixon is still a role player.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Now because of the loss of Smith his value goes up due to his versatility.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

How about the punter battle last night?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously. Hixon hasn't separated himself from UDFAs and reclamation projects like Cruz and Thomas, as a WR. So why are we so worried about his health, especially if Cruz ends up getting the third most reps out of our WR corps.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Now because of the loss of Smith his value goes up due to his versatility.
But his main versatility is because of his ability on special teams.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
But his main versatility is because of his ability on special teams.
It adds to it but his versatility comes because he can play all the WR spots. Just like on offensive line versatility is defined as a player who can play OT, OG, or OC when needed. Same with WR. You have to master all the WR spots and do it right, especially in this PHd system.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It adds to it but his versatility comes because he can play all the WR spots. Just like on offensive line versatility is defined as a player who can play OT, OG, or OC when needed. Same with WR. You have to master all the WR spots and do it right, especially in this PHd system.
While I appreciate how valuable Hixon's ability to step into all of the different WR spots is to our team, that doesn't mean he's better at those roles than some of the youngins we have who are focusing on one role. I think the staff expects Cruz and Thomas to be able to contribute when called upon, at least that's what I got from Cruz getting so many reps with the 1st string that last game. I mean if Cruz and Thomas bomb as receivers than of course Hixon's importance sky rockets, but despite the struggles we have had I think the coaching staff has faith that those guys and Eli will gel over the early part of our schedule. In which case Hixon isn't so important that we should go with a punt returner who's struggling mightily at holding onto the ball. I mean I don't want to see another Reynauld situation, where I'm celebrating that he didn't muff the punt, even if it puts a guy who's important depth for at a higher risk of injury. Plus I don't for a second buy that the extra snaps returning punts make an injury more likely than if we made him our #3 receiver because of his versatility and didn't get Cruz or Thomas as involved as they might be ready to be.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very very upset to hear about Sintim. 1 of my favorite Giants on the team and was always anxious to see him get comfortable in 1 position and blossom. He had a ton of versatility, athleticism, and physical tools to be a stud IMO. Not only is his season done but he'll likely never be the same player. I don't know how if he really hurts you guys more for depth, or as a contributor in 2011, but I felt pretty strongly he could be a very good player for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
While I appreciate how valuable Hixon's ability to step into all of the different WR spots is to our team, that doesn't mean he's better at those roles than some of the youngins we have who are focusing on one role. I think the staff expects Cruz and Thomas to be able to contribute when called upon, at least that's what I got from Cruz getting so many reps with the 1st string that last game. I mean if Cruz and Thomas bomb as receivers than of course Hixon's importance sky rockets, but despite the struggles we have had I think the coaching staff has faith that those guys and Eli will gel over the early part of our schedule. In which case Hixon isn't so important that we should go with a punt returner who's struggling mightily at holding onto the ball. I mean I don't want to see another Reynauld situation, where I'm celebrating that he didn't muff the punt, even if it puts a guy who's important depth for at a higher risk of injury. Plus I don't for a second buy that the extra snaps returning punts make an injury more likely than if we made him our #3 receiver because of his versatility and didn't get Cruz or Thomas as involved as they might be ready to be.

Hixon I think is the 3rd best due to just being in the system longer. He knows what he is doing. He filled in and played X when Plax went down. He can play Z and Y too. I think that alone lifts his value. I think Cruz has a lot to do to prove himself. I feel more comfortable with Hixon than anyone else. I wouldn't want him to get hurt and then have Cruz put in there. My guess is that he'd just play Z with Mario coming in. I am not sure how he would do if he played Y.

Even Eric on BBI, said we will see in 10 days. I think it may be JJ the way we are force feeding him. If Hixon gets the nod it may be good from the special teams standpoint, but I would not want to risk him because of his value and versatility he brings.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Very very upset to hear about Sintim. 1 of my favorite Giants on the team and was always anxious to see him get comfortable in 1 position and blossom. He had a ton of versatility, athleticism, and physical tools to be a stud IMO. Not only is his season done but he'll likely never be the same player. I don't know how if he really hurts you guys more for depth, or as a contributor in 2011, but I felt pretty strongly he could be a very good player for you guys.
He looks to be done for a long time.

Quote:
Giants backup linebacker Clint Sintim's career appears to be in jeopardy after he suffered a devastating injury to his right knee Thursday.

Sintim, a former second-round pick, ruptured the patella tendon and likely severed the ACL after a chop block in the third quarter of the team's 18-17 exhibition win over the Patriots.

It was the same knee in which Sintim tore the ACL last season, resulting in a grueling rehab and comeback that came to a jarring halt at Gillette Stadium.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, the season hasn't even begun and we have been totally ravaged by injuries. Are we paying some sort of karmic debt after we made history with 18-1? because it seems every year after we have been derailed by injuries year in and year out.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

We always are. This is not new. We tend to get killed at 1 or 2 positions every year.

We went from LB to DE to RB to OL/RB and now CB.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Weatherford won the punting job.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

These are the cuts so far.

1.C Jim Cordle

2.WR Darius Reynaud

3.DE Ayanga Okpokuwuruk

4.OL Ikecheku Ndukwe
5.K Rhys Lloyd

6.DE Craig Marshall

7.TE Chris Hopkins

8.DT Gabe Watson

9.DE Alex Hall

10.S Jerrard Tarrant

11.LB/DE Adrian Tracy

12.TE Daniel Coats

13.P Matt Dodge (*Giants may try to trade him before cutting him)

sig by BoneKrusher