Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-13-2014, 12:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Carolina apparently offered Nicks 4.5 a year. If that's the best offer he gets, honestly, I don't see why we wouldn't offer a similar deal to bring him back.

He mustve burned the bridge to a point of no return for the Giants to not even offer him anything.
Because he is injury prone and must have turned off the coaching staff and management.

Why bring a guy back for 1 year, to learn a new system, only for him to hit the market again? Not to mention the guy has to stay healthy. I;d rather let him go, and bring a guy in that's going to be here a while. Let him learn this system and invest some years in it so he can develop.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I wanted Nicks back for the longest time but he burned his bridge with everyone. Thanks for what you did but time to turn the page.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yea I wanted Nicks back for the longest time but he burned his bridge with everyone. Thanks for what you did but time to turn the page.
His plan backfired. Trying to play it conservatively with the end goal of staying healthy to maximize productivity en route to a big contract.

Now teams worry about injury history and attitude. I don't want him back. It's not worth having him back to learn the system for 1 year, and then saying bye bye again.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a shame bc it should have worked out. But it didn't.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AQ went back to the Packers, Graham back to the Texans. We should all be preparing ourselves for Ebron.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's starting to seem like it right?

I don't know...I rather have a CB honestly.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Owen Daniels?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't trust his health.

Honestly I'm ok with giving Robinson/Donnell a chance in this new offense. Donnell was decent, he just had no idea what route to run half the time. Robinson can't stay healthy.

I wanted Q though. We shouldve made that move.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Did anyone sign Finley yet? I honestly don't like Finley. Injury concerns aside, he just drops the ball too much.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I WANT WILFORK
plz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Haa I just came here to post same thing.

I WANT WILFORK!

Sadly he'll cost to much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2014, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ehhhhh...that's too much for Beason. We could have gotten Rey who's a much better player for less than that probably.

I don't trust Beason's health and I feel he's been overrated by our fans bc we were so desperate for LB help last year that if anything remotely passable came our way it would look like Ray Lewis in his prime.
I totally agree
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carolina apparently offered Nicks 4.5 a year. If that's the best offer he gets, honestly, I don't see why we wouldn't offer a similar deal to bring him back.

He mustve burned the bridge to a point of no return for the Giants to not even offer him anything.
I think it comes back to attitude and work ethic.

Gilbride snr mentioned that Cruz was the only receiver really playing last year. That wont gel with Coughlin
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Wilfork would be so good for our lockerroom too. I'm in favor of it.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Our DL is actually pretty bad as it stand right now.

Kiwi-Jenkins-Hankins-JPP with Moore and Kuhn?

Yuck.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Well our DTs are what they are. It's not really any different from last year. We have good run stuffers who can clog the middle.

Pass rush on the edges is absolutely a concern. We have to hope and pray that JPP returns to his healthy form, and that Moore develops. Otherwise we're screwed.

And it's not like we can get a pass rusher in this draft. It's not a good draft for 4-3 DEs who fit our mold of DE (long and tall).
Old 03-13-2014, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's partly why I liked the Schoffield signing. He offered us some pass rush.

I still hope we bring him back at a renegotiated price.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:07 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tuck signing in oakland. 2 years, 11 mil
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, 5.5 seems high for him, we'll see how much it was first year/guranteed though
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

And then there were 4.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2014, 02:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

this is the giants youth movement we all kinda wanted and now that it's happening...it's kinda weird but I kinda really like it
Quote:
Old 03-13-2014, 02:12 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad to see him leave cause of everything he did for this team, but he is not worth that kind of money at this point in his career. Hopefully after that contract is up he comes back to retire a Giant.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Tuck we'll never forget!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2014, 02:14 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
this is the giants youth movement we all kinda wanted and now that it's happening...it's kinda weird but I kinda really like it
Yea, there's gonna be a lot of new faces on the field next year and I'm excited

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Yeah same here.

I love Tuck for everything he's done for our organization, he'll always be a Giant and we'll always love the guy. But I think this is best for both sides. He gets the most money he could get, and we get to move on. It's good for everyone involved.