Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-16-2014, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the depth we are getting in the secondary

at safety we have Rolle, Hill, Brown, Demps, Cooper

at corner we have Amukamara, McBride, Thurmond, James, Hosley
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manningham is reportedly meeting with the Giants
Old 03-16-2014, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Manningham is reportedly meeting with the Giants
Bout time. I really like the idea of super Mario returning.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Adam Schefter on DRC

Adam Schefterş@AdamSchefter·4 mins
Broncos CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is spending the night in New York so he can undergo a physical Monday with the Giants, per source
Old 03-16-2014, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Maycock View Post
Bout time. I really like the idea of super Mario returning.
I completely agree

He can be productive in our system. He knows the QB and our previous system.

A nice solid vet at a reasonable price, exactly what we need
Old 03-16-2014, 09:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mario in our new system actually seems like a perfect fit.

this DRC news could be big. if he signs, I wonder what the numbers would be. I'm skeptical as of now.

However, if he does sign, I assume our most likely options at 12 would be Donald, Ebron...and that's really it. Maybe Evans or an OL but those would be the 2 likely guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
mario in our new system actually seems like a perfect fit.

this DRC news could be big. if he signs, I wonder what the numbers would be. I'm skeptical as of now.

However, if he does sign, I assume our most likely options at 12 would be Donald, Ebron...and that's really it. Maybe Evans or an OL but those would be the 2 likely guys
We are in the second tier of free agency, so contracts will be a little less.

I would like to see us sign Spencer, Rogers-Cromartie and Manningham

Don't be surprised if we extend Rolle to create the cap room to get them done.

As far as the draft, don't discount anything. I don't think you can rule out Taylor Lewan, Mike Evans or Anthony Barr.
Discounting the QB Manziel, Bortles, Bridgewater and Carr (at least three of whom go in the top 12), I think we are more than happy with whoever is available out of Clowney, Mack, Carr, Watkins, Evans, Robinson, Matthews, Lewan, Gilbert, Donald or Ebron.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone recap what we did over the weekend?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boothe visiting Raiders, does every Giant visit the Raiders?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Can someone recap what we did over the weekend?
We signed corner Walter Thurmond and safety Quentin Demps

Mario Manningham, Anthony Spencer and Dominik Rogers-Cromartie have visited and are taking physicals today

Think thats it
Old 03-17-2014, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does it seem like there is no news at all, i dont like it

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Why does it seem like there is no news at all, i dont like it
DRC on a 5 year deal!
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This could be big. Gotta see the numbers though first
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Ok so our secondary is looking very solid

CB: Amukamara, Rogers-Cromartie, Thurmond, McBride, James, Hosley

S: Rolle, Hill, Brown, Demps, Cooper
Old 03-17-2014, 04:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 years, $39 million, $15 million guaranteed. I love this signing, our secondary is looking pretty damn good on paper now. Prince and DRC outside, Thurmond/McBride in the slot, Rolle/Brown/Hill/Demps/Cooper at safety. Finally have some serious depth at DB. I think this definitely elminitates Gilbert/Dennard from the discussion at 12 and probably rules out CB for rounds 2 & 3 as well. Give me Donald or Ebron at 12!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Donald, Evans or Lewan at 12.

with the TE and WR depth, I'd really say I want Donald or Lewan.

Hell, if Mack or Barr fall (I'm warming up a bit to Barr), I'd take one of them.

Dream draft:

1. Donald
2. Jackson (OG Miss.)
3. Coleman
4. Iowa TE who's name I don't want to look up or spell
Quote:
Old 03-17-2014, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Secondary is by far the biggest strength of this team now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome. Our corners are looking pretty good right about now. Prince and DRC with Thurmond covering the slot as the starters. Mcbride and Hosley for depth. Gives us something to be excited about. Most importantly tho it allows Rolle to stay at safety where he's most effective.

If we extend Rolle and tinker with Cruz's contract a lil we'll be able to add Spencer and Manningham.

We'll be sitting pretty heading into the draft.

Donald, Ebron, Evans, or Lewan have to be the front runners right now but My gut tells me not to rule out the pass rushers like Ealy or Ford as dark horse picks.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

spencer left without a deal.

I had the same thought with Ealy or Ford and mannnn it would suck. I'm not a fan of either.
Quote:
Old 03-17-2014, 05:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I will be up front, I don't think Donald is all that likely.

If we draft a DT in round one, I think it is much more likely that it will be a trade down and draft Louis Nix.

He is the big anchor we lost with Joseph's departure and with Hankins gives us a very good DT tandem going forward.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:24 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I will be up front, I don't think Donald is all that likely.

If we draft a DT in round one, I think it is much more likely that it will be a trade down and draft Louis Nix.

He is the big anchor we lost with Joseph's departure and with Hankins gives us a very good DT tandem going forward.
I disagree, Hankins is, to me at least, the replacement for Joseph. He is another big bodied run-stuffing DT.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I disagree, Hankins is, to me at least, the replacement for Joseph. He is another big bodied run-stuffing DT.
Sure, but Jenkins isn't a long term answer, Kuhn is off contract soon and we have????.

drafting Nix gives us a pair of DTs going forward.

Fewell's scheme prefers the big pluggers to dominate the run game as opposed to the smaller disruptive DTs (outside of passing downs). Also Nix is more than just a run plugger.

The other thing Nix does is allow Cullen Jenkins to be used at LDE a reasonable amount which helps to mitigate Tuck's departure

We don't usually invest a lot at DT in free agency (eg Griffin, Cofield, Jospeh all leaving), but we don't mind investing premium draft picks (Joseph, Austin, Hankins)

Seems to me it is a definate possibility

Last edited by Big_Pete : 03-17-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Paysinger signed his one year tender.

We also signed WR/KR/PR Trindon Holliday
Old 03-17-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

This is weird, our secondary and special teams actually look.....good, like really good. I love it!