Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-03-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only guy I'm sad to see go was Adrian Tracy. I thought he was decent.

But we have such a logjam of LBs who are pretty much the same, something had to give.

It's sad to see Sintim get hurt again. I think we mismanaged the guy from day 1. I loved the pick when we made it.

But now it seems like his career is over. I guess we'll need an OLB in this upcoming draft too.

As of right now, we actually have a lot of needs going into next year. MIKE, OLB, WR, TE

All 4 positions could use a 1st round caliber player. We can take any of those 4 positions 1st round and I'd be ok with it.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dam I wanted to see big Gabe make the roster. I am also surprised they cut Tracy.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I thought Gabe would stick. In this system, DTs are meant to be run stuffers, not pass rushers so you figure Gabe's fat ass would excel in it.

I guess we're just going to go into the season with shaky DT depth. We only have 2 DTs who are good, and 1 bench DT who can give us some decent snaps (Bernard).
Old 09-03-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm also glad we're keeping Sage over Carr. David Carr sucks. He looked decent in some preseason games in the past, but all you have to do is blitz the hell out of him and he turns into a deer again.

He is what he is at this point. There's no fixing David Carr.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Why didn't we give Scott a chance to return kicks/punts btw?

I wonder if we got something with him. He's got size and speed. Seems like a good 1 cut runner, but you don't really know what he is until he gets some first string snaps, bc those holes close a lot quicker with the 1st string.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm also glad we're keeping Sage over Carr. David Carr sucks. He looked decent in some preseason games in the past, but all you have to do is blitz the hell out of him and he turns into a deer again.

He is what he is at this point. There's no fixing David Carr.

Umm Carr is the backup. We put Sage on IR. I don't know how or why we're getting away with that but whatever.

Tracy and Trattou should go to the Practice Squad. We didn't talk enough about Trattou but he reminds of a Tollefson type player which has a lot of value in this league.

I think we will try to get Perriloux on the practice squad as well. No shock Brown was cut for Ware as I predicted that yesterday. The only suprise to me was Weatherford over Dodge. They made the right move but I thought they would keep Dodge around.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 09-03-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why didn't we give Scott a chance to return kicks/punts btw?

I wonder if we got something with him. He's got size and speed. Seems like a good 1 cut runner, but you don't really know what he is until he gets some first string snaps, bc those holes close a lot quicker with the 1st string.
This is what I said yesterday. Maybe he can't catch?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...a-b923887bd9cf

Here is the 53 man roster

Has Derrick Martin really performed that well that he was worth keeping?
Old 09-03-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...a-b923887bd9cf

Here is the 53 man roster

Has Derrick Martin really performed that well that he was worth keeping?
Who would you have kept over him? We need secondary depth and the coaching staff obviously likes something. I'm very happy with the final 53.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Who would you have kept over him? We need secondary depth and the coaching staff obviously likes something. I'm very happy with the final 53.
I would have left the spot open and look to get a TE. However with the guys we cut I would probably would have kept Jamon Meredith since I would like a little more line depth then we have.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I would have left the spot open and look to get a TE. However with the guys we cut I would probably would have kept Jamon Meredith since I would like a little more line depth then we have.
Well they could still cut Martin and pick up someone else. I was a little suprised about Meredith as well but I'd rather have depth in the secondary right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

I would rather have the line depth since with how Eli and the Wr's are performing running the ball is going to be even more important. Grant and Sash can do a good enough job when Rolle goes into the nickel spot.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I would rather have the line depth since with how Eli and the Wr's are performing running the ball is going to be even more important. Grant and Sash can do a good enough job when Rolle goes into the nickel spot.
If we get to our 10th OL we're in trouble anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If we get to our 10th OL we're in trouble anyway.
Ya that is true however your more in trouble when your line breaks down. We have better depth in the secondary then we do at the line.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Ya that is true however your more in trouble when your line breaks down. We have better depth in the secondary then we do at the line.
Yeah but we kept Martin because he's also good on ST while Meredith can't play there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah but we kept Martin because he's also good on ST while Meredith can't play there.
Is he good on ST? cause I really didn't watch that last preseason game and idr if he played at all during the first 3.

I guess you are right we need all st coverage help we can get.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Is he good on ST? cause I really didn't watch that last preseason game and idr if he played at all during the first 3.

I guess you are right we need all st coverage help we can get.
Yeah that is definitely the reason he's sticking around right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT Ibrahim Abdulai, RB Andre Brown, CB Darnell Burks, DB Joe Burnett, G Brant Clouser, C Jim Cordle, LB Phillip Dillard, P Matt Dodge, DE Alex Hall, DE Dwayne Hendricks, TE Christian Hopkins, OT Jarriel King, DE Craig Marshall, OT Jamon Meredith, DE Ayanaga Okpokowuruk, QB Ryan Perrilloux, WR Darius Reynaud, RB Charles Scott, DB David Sims, DB Jerrard Tarrant, LB Adrian Tracy, DE Justin Trattou, WR Todd Watkins

I dont see Gabe Watson in there, what are you guys talking about?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Offense (25)
Quarterbacks (2): Eli Manning, David Carr

Running Backs (4): Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Jacobs, D.J. Ware, Da’Rel Scott

Fullbacks (2): Bear Pascoe, Henry Hynoski (Pascoe also plays tight end)

Wide Receivers (6): Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, Domenik Hixon, Devin Thomas, Victor Cruz, Jerrel Jernigan

Tight Ends (2): Travis Beckum, Jake Ballard

Offensive Linemen (9): David Diehl, Chris Snee, Kareem McKenzie, Will Beatty, David Bass, Stacy Andrews, Mitch Petrus, James Brewer, Kevin Boothe

Defense (25)
Defensive Linemen: (8): Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, Chris Canty, Linval Joseph, Jason Pierre-Paul, Rocky Bernard, Dave Tollefson, Jimmy Kennedy

Linebackers (7): Mathias Kiwanuka, Jonathan Goff, Michael Boley, Jacquian Williams, Mark Herzlich, Greg Jones, Spencer Paysinger.

Cornerbacks (5): Corey Webster, Aaron Ross, Michael Coe, Brian Williams, Prince Amukamara

Safeties (5): Antrel Rolle, Deon Grant, Kenny Phillips, Tyler Sash, Derrick Martin

Specialists (3)
Kicker (1): Lawrence Tynes
Punter (1): Steve Weatherford
Long Snapper (1): Zak DeOssie

Watson isn't on roster.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
DT Ibrahim Abdulai, RB Andre Brown, CB Darnell Burks, DB Joe Burnett, G Brant Clouser, C Jim Cordle, LB Phillip Dillard, P Matt Dodge, DE Alex Hall, DE Dwayne Hendricks, TE Christian Hopkins, OT Jarriel King, DE Craig Marshall, OT Jamon Meredith, DE Ayanaga Okpokowuruk, QB Ryan Perrilloux, WR Darius Reynaud, RB Charles Scott, DB David Sims, DB Jerrard Tarrant, LB Adrian Tracy, DE Justin Trattou, WR Todd Watkins

I dont see Gabe Watson in there, what are you guys talking about?
The team terminated the contracts of six veterans: wide receiver Michael Clayton, tight end Daniel Coats, guard Ikechuku Ndukwe, center Chris White, defensive tackle Gabe Watson and kicker Rhys Lloyd

Here you go.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Oh well. I guess we're rolling with David Carr. Doesn't matter really, if Eli goes down I rather tank the season and get a higher draft pick anyway.

I'd like to see Tracy make it to the PS. I like him. He's nothing special, but he's serviceable.

Overall, I'm pleased with the final 53. Hanson got cut by the Eagles, I wouldn't mind picking him.

Also, when Barden and Koets come off the PUP, keep in mind that means 2 of these guys are out the door as well. Will be interesting to see which ones are gone then.

Unless 2 more guys hit the IR before then. Let's hope not. We can't afford anymore injuries. We went from a deep team, to a team that's awfully thin at a couple of positions.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Hixon I think is the 3rd best due to just being in the system longer. He knows what he is doing. He filled in and played X when Plax went down. He can play Z and Y too. I think that alone lifts his value. I think Cruz has a lot to do to prove himself. I feel more comfortable with Hixon than anyone else. I wouldn't want him to get hurt and then have Cruz put in there. My guess is that he'd just play Z with Mario coming in. I am not sure how he would do if he played Y.

Even Eric on BBI, said we will see in 10 days. I think it may be JJ the way we are force feeding him. If Hixon gets the nod it may be good from the special teams standpoint, but I would not want to risk him because of his value and versatility he brings.
Just because Hixon knows the different positions doesn't mean he's necessarily better than a guy like Cruz at any given one position is all I'm trying to get at, so if Cruz is doing better than him at one of the spots I wouldn't be surprised to see him out there with Manningham and Nicks over Hixon at which point what exactly are we shielding him from? If injuries strike at WR Hixon's versatility will be a boon, but if we stay this healthy I don't think it's a given he gets the third most attention.

Quote:
Oh well. I guess we're rolling with David Carr. Doesn't matter really, if Eli goes down I rather tank the season and get a higher draft pick anyway.

I'd like to see Tracy make it to the PS. I like him. He's nothing special, but he's serviceable.

Overall, I'm pleased with the final 53. Hanson got cut by the Eagles, I wouldn't mind picking him.

Also, when Barden and Koets come off the PUP, keep in mind that means 2 of these guys are out the door as well. Will be interesting to see which ones are gone then.

Unless 2 more guys hit the IR before then. Let's hope not. We can't afford anymore injuries. We went from a deep team, to a team that's awfully thin at a couple of positions.
My guess is one of Boothe or Andrews gets cut to make room for Koets, probably Andrews cause he's new, unless someone hits IR.

I'd love to have Hanson come in. He could give us some solid snaps as an inside corner once he got acclimated. Question is how long would that take and is he at that point going to be much better than Coe or Brian Williams' corpse?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 09-03-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think we're pretty deep along the oline though. Which is a pleasant surprise.

Losing Dillard makes that draft pick hurt even more. I remember wanting a LB bad in that draft, but after we passed on LB in the first 3 rounds, I rather us not draft 1 at all. To me, there was no point of getting another middle round body at the position bc it wouldn't solve anything.

Think about the players we passed on. Geno, Aaron Hernandez come to mind immediately. We could have used both of those guys right now.

In fact, Beckum hurts more than anyone, bc we passed on a lot of TEs in that draft class bc we believed in Beckum. And Beckum sucks. Imagine if we had Jimmy Graham, or Aaron Hernandez right now. We'd be set.

We only have 3 picks left on the team from that draft class. JPP, Linval, and Petrus. Luckily for us, I think all 3 are going to be future studs. But losing Chad Jones tragically and whiffing on Dillard hurt a little. We could have had an even better draft if we hit on those 2 rounds. And while typically you say that's asking for too much, the 2010 draft class was the deepest draft class of the past 15 years, it was totally doable. We had 2nd round talent falling to the 4th round in that draft class, it was sick.

I guess I can't complain though. We nailed 3 of those picks.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Just because Hixon knows the different positions doesn't mean he's necessarily better than a guy like Cruz at any given one position is all I'm trying to get at, so if Cruz is doing better than him at one of the spots I wouldn't be surprised to see him out there with Manningham and Nicks over Hixon at which point what exactly are we shielding him from? If injuries strike at WR Hixon's versatility will be a boon, but if we stay this healthy I don't think it's a given he gets the third most attention.

My guess is one of Boothe or Andrews gets cut to make room for Koets, probably Andrews cause he's new, unless someone hits IR.

I'd love to have Hanson come in. He could give us some solid snaps as an inside corner once he got acclimated. Question is how long would that take and is he at that point going to be much better than Coe or Brian Williams' corpse?
I thought Andrews actually looked pretty good. I don't see us losing anyone on the oline. I think some other position probably sees a cut.

We probably do a couple of phantom IRs as well. Kind of like Cruz's season ending hamstring injury.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought Andrews actually looked pretty good. I don't see us losing anyone on the oline. I think some other position probably sees a cut.

We probably do a couple of phantom IRs as well. Kind of like Cruz's season ending hamstring injury.
That's what I'd assume. Whichever young LB is making the least impact will probably get IR'd if they're banged up at all, likewise I could see one of our FB/TEs finding their way onto IR with a surprising injury.

As for the OL I'm just not sure how many we want to keep around. We've got Beatty, Diehl, McKenzie and Brewer who can play outside. We've got Snee, Diehl, Petrus, Andrews and Boothe who can play Guard and once Koets is back we'll have him and Baas at Center. I just don't think we'll keep 5 guys who can play guard provided our starters aren't injured.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote