Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-18-2014, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know. I just don't have a good feeling about this. I don't like free agency. I like every player we took individually, and I like that we signed all of them to very affordable contracts, but I just don't like free agency. On the outside they all look like great moves, and they are. All of the guys we signed are better than their price tag, and we got a lot of very good and solid FA guys who will absolutely help this team, and none are over 30 years old either. But for some reason I just have a meh feeling about it.

When was the last time this type of blueprint worked? You want your core nucleus to be guys you drafted. Right now, our core nucleus comprises of a lot of free agents.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't know. I just don't have a good feeling about this. I don't like free agency. I like every player we took individually, and I like that we signed all of them to very affordable contracts, but I just don't like free agency. On the outside they all look like great moves, and they are. All of the guys we signed are better than their price tag, and we got a lot of very good and solid FA guys who will absolutely help this team, and none are over 30 years old either. But for some reason I just have a meh feeling about it.

When was the last time this type of blueprint worked? You want your core nucleus to be guys you drafted. Right now, our core nucleus comprises of a lot of free agents.
When we signed Plaxico Burress, Kareem McKenzie, Shaun O'Hara, Antonio Pierce, Sam Madison, Fred Robbins, and RW MCQuarters to supplement players Ernie grabbed in the draft. Eli, Tuck, Osi, Snee, Diehl, Webster.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which was then supplemented by Jerry's first amazing draft class.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's clear this team is all in for this year. We think we can win now with coughlin and they're just trying to give him the pieces to do it. Most of these signings are 1 year deals. Even the DRC deal is basically a 2 year deal. So no I don't think this changes our draft that much but we have needs and filling a need could help push the scales when we're putting together our big board just like it does for every team every year.

Like mentioned earlier, Fewell needs to switch to more of a press defense and by the way it looks we will be doing that.

We've done good but let's be reality for a sec.. We have a lot more left to do.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Most actually aren't 1 year deals. Only Mario and the two kick returners. The signings that matter were multiple years.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I'm just hoping for the playoffs. To me, make the playoffs and anything after that is gravy.

Right here right now Philly is still the best team in the East. They have an amazing offense, a great OL, Chip's explosive offense, and Foles is a legit qb who's dirt cheap.

Their defense needs work, but their front 7 is better than ppl give credit for, they just have an awful secondary. Right here right now, they're the team to beat.

Dallas sucks, they're going 6-10 next year. Washington is still mediocre as hell too.

Our team is a wild card, you really have no idea what to expect. We can be great, we can be awful. I don't know what to make of us yet.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Most actually aren't 1 year deals. Only Mario and the two kick returners. The signings that matter were multiple years.
And Thurmond.

McClain and Walton's were 2 year deals that can easily be 1. Point is These are short term contracts that won't change our draft.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philly wasn't even that good last year, let's not forget we split with them and generally only made the playoffs because the NFC East as a whole blew chunks.

I'd also like to see how defenses react to Kelly with a full year of film on him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

To be fair, their offense is only going to get better (personnel wise) with Maclin back and the addition of Sproles. Coupled with Lane Johnson improving over the season and signing back Jason Peters and Kelce, they're going to easily have the best OL in the division.

Foles has shown he can be a solid qb in that system. If teams figure it out then that's a different story but so far so good on his end. I always liked him so I'm leaning towards him being legit.

It's btw us and the Eagles for the division for sure. It's just right here right now I have to give the edge to Philly.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schwartz is not a band-aid. DRC is not a band-aid. Jennings is not a band-aid.

The only thing they stop us from drafting is probably a CB. And we've got McBride and James with youth and depth.

Schwartz won't stop us from drafting another OL. We still need upgrades in the front 7 and everywhere on O except save QB and maybe RB (i do really love Jennings). It changes the immediate priorities but I doubt the giants really let them impact the board. You know how much we stick to our board (for better or worse)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honestly I'm just hoping for the playoffs. To me, make the playoffs and anything after that is gravy.

Right here right now Philly is still the best team in the East. They have an amazing offense, a great OL, Chip's explosive offense, and Foles is a legit qb who's dirt cheap.

Their defense needs work, but their front 7 is better than ppl give credit for, they just have an awful secondary. Right here right now, they're the team to beat.

Dallas sucks, they're going 6-10 next year. Washington is still mediocre as hell too.

Our team is a wild card, you really have no idea what to expect. We can be great, we can be awful. I don't know what to make of us yet.
I'm not trying to be a homer cowboys fan, and they probably will go 8-8 again, but if you think the Giants are any better than the Cowboys right now you're kidding yourself.

DRC is an overrated, under-motivated player with some nice physical tools, nothing more. The loss of linval joseph is colossal, and Tuck always balls out against the division. Nicks did as well. The giants offensive line and front seven are still complete garbage.

People are underselling the Cowboys on two huge points: Scott Linehan taking over the offense and the defense LITERALLY CAN'T GET WORSE. Losing Ware and Hatcher doesn't matter at all. Ware was a shell of himself and hatcher had the emptiest ten sack season i've ever seen, is average at best against the run, and disappeared in big games.

Jason Garrett's linear, 1990 offense was an absolute joke, the only reason it was decently effective for the past 7 years is because Romo, Dez, Witten, etc. are good players. Linehan will come in and bring a modern feel and some creativity and take the offense to the next level. Not to mention that fact that they might have the most underrated offensive line in the league.

Monte Kiffin was a joke, and Marinelli will make them better by default.

I live in the tri-state area and know that 2 super bowls in the last 7 years along with all of the type-A new york/new jersey personalities makes it hard to accept the truth, but the Giants are a 6-10 football team right now, maybe 8-8 with a great draft.

The Cowboys aren't much better, and i'm not trying to troll, but I just don't get how anyone with any speck of football knowledge can think the Giants are a playoff team right now. I have the utmost respect for the Giants, Eli in big games, and I personally think Coughlin is the 2nd best coach in the league behind belichick, but they suck right now guys.

I would love to have a discussion about it. No need to turn this into a neg-repping personal attack war. Both teams suck. My only caveat is that the Cowboys offense is the only unit on either team that is currently playoff caliber.

Last edited by BroadcasterC : 03-18-2014 at 03:13 PM.
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i see your points and understand you're not trolling, but you're simply wrong.

nicks did literally nothing for us last year. Tuck showed up in garbage time. the giants greatly improved their offense with Jennings and Schwartz.

the fact that you say minimize losing Ware because he was declining but say Tuck was a big loss is actually hilarious and I'm choking on the irony.

and people keep saying DRC's biggest knock is his motivation yet fail to mention he just signed with his best friend and under Coughlin who, you know, is kinda good at motivating.

the giants aren't that great, admittedly, but in a weak NFC east, have a shot at being a playoff team. a much better shot than the cowboys
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I understand your points, and no, we are not the type to get childish. We welcome discussion on this forum as long as it's mature.

My concern is your defense did get worse. Your DL, which is even more important in a Cover 2 defense, is non existent. There isn't a single player on that DL that's worrisome in the least bit anymore. Your back 7 stayed the same, and honestly, it's not very talented. The defense as a whole is just underwhelming in talent.

I don't read too much into coaching changes bc the defense severely lacks talent and coaching alone won't fix it, and offensively, it's still Jason Garrett's world. I still don't favor your coaching staff.

Offensively, I think you'll be fine. But your defense is just really terrible.

As for the Giants, yes, we do have concerns. But our defense is going to be much better than Dallas and offensively as long as we continue to address the OL we should be fine.

We've taken a lot more steps in improving the roster whereas Dallas has stayed the same in some areas and gotten worse in others. Dallas is trending downwards.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:19 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i see your points and understand you're not trolling, but you're simply wrong.

nicks did literally nothing for us last year. Tuck showed up in garbage time. the giants greatly improved their offense with Jennings and Schwartz.

the fact that you say minimize losing Ware because he was declining but say Tuck was a big loss is actually hilarious and I'm choking on the irony.

and people keep saying DRC's biggest knock is his motivation yet fail to mention he just signed with his best friend and under Coughlin who, you know, is kinda good at motivating.

the giants aren't that great, admittedly, but in a weak NFC east, have a shot at being a playoff team. a much better shot than the cowboys
Yes but at least Tuck would do something when it mattered. Ware would stand there and get handled by Will Beaty.

DRC is basically irrelevant against the Cowboys, Dez has like 600 yards and 5 TD's on him in his career anyway.

I don't think either team is a playoff team at the moment, but the Cowboys easily have better marquee players at the moment.

Not to mention, the Giants haven't been drafting well either. This draft is stacked, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Jennings is a great signing I will acknowledge that, dude runs hard.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadcasterC View Post
I'm not trying to be a homer cowboys fan, and they probably will go 8-8 again, but if you think the Giants are any better than the Cowboys right now you're kidding yourself.

DRC is an overrated, under-motivated player with some nice physical tools, nothing more. The loss of linval joseph is colossal, and Tuck always balls out against the division. Nicks did as well. The giants offensive line and front seven are still complete garbage.

People are underselling the Cowboys on two huge points: Scott Linehan taking over the offense and the defense LITERALLY CAN'T GET WORSE. Losing Ware and Hatcher doesn't matter at all. Ware was a shell of himself and hatcher had the emptiest ten sack season i've ever seen, is average at best against the run, and disappeared in big games.

Jason Garrett's linear, 1990 offense was an absolute joke, the only reason it was decently effective for the past 7 years is because Romo, Dez, Witten, etc. are good players. Linehan will come in and bring a modern feel and some creativity and take the offense to the next level. Not to mention that fact that they might have the most underrated offensive line in the league.

Monte Kiffin was a joke, and Marinelli will make them better by default.

I live in the tri-state area and know that 2 super bowls in the last 7 years along with all of the type-A new york/new jersey personalities makes it hard to accept the truth, but the Giants are a 6-10 football team right now, maybe 8-8 with a great draft.

The Cowboys aren't much better, and i'm not trying to troll, but I just don't get how anyone with any speck of football knowledge can think the Giants are a playoff team right now. I have the utmost respect for the Giants, Eli in big games, and I personally think Coughlin is the 2nd best coach in the league behind belichick, but they suck right now guys.

I would love to have a discussion about it. No need to turn this into a neg-repping personal attack war. Both teams suck. My only caveat is that the Cowboys offense is the only unit on either team that is currently playoff caliber.

Eff all that. We know where this is gonna go so let's just skip all the nancy bs. The cowboys ain't sh!t. Your momma ain't sh!t. And you ain't sh!t. You live in the tri state area? K. Let's meet up. Mano-a-Mano.

*Fair warning tho I'm a 2 strip brown belt in jujitsu. I gets down.

P.S. Negged.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I'd be concerned about Romo's health as well. He plays through a lot but it affects him. He couldn't finish the season last year and missed what was essentially a playoff game. And this year instead of Orton, Brandon Weeden would be playing.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Yes but at least Tuck would do something when it mattered. Ware would stand there and get handled by Will Beaty.

DRC is basically irrelevant against the Cowboys, Dez has like 600 yards and 5 TD's on him in his career anyway.

I don't think either team is a playoff team at the moment, but the Cowboys easily have better marquee players at the moment.

Not to mention, the Giants haven't been drafting well either. This draft is stacked, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Jennings is a great signing I will acknowledge that, dude runs hard.
No one gets handled by Will Beatty except for Eli. He's someone who needs to be upgraded badly but sadly, we can't afford to at this point.

I agree with Dez but would hope Prince would draw him as an assignment more. Prince is someone who we're really high on (at least I am) and hope he can take the next step. This draft is huge for both teams, it's a loaded class and both teams have pretty big needs. Luckily the redskins just continue to be inept. The eagles scare me a bit though, honestly.

I really don't think either team have many "marquee" players. Eli and Romo. Cruz and Dez. You've got witten.

On D, it's pretty much just Sean Lee and Antrel Rolle. I'd argue Prince, though, too. And well, potentially JPP but **** knows with him

If we throw Oline, you've got us beat because I like your OL, but I'm excited for our defense. We just need some pass rushers aka JPP to get back to where he was (which is a huge question mark).
Quote:
Old 03-18-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

Quote:
I understand your points, and no, we are not the type to get childish. We welcome discussion on this forum as long as it's mature.

My concern is your defense did get worse. Your DL, which is even more important in a Cover 2 defense, is non existent. There isn't a single player on that DL that's worrisome in the least bit anymore. Your back 7 stayed the same, and honestly, it's not very talented. The defense as a whole is just underwhelming in talent.

I don't read too much into coaching changes bc the defense severely lacks talent and coaching alone won't fix it, and offensively, it's still Jason Garrett's world. I still don't favor your coaching staff.

Offensively, I think you'll be fine. But your defense is just really terrible.

As for the Giants, yes, we do have concerns. But our defense is going to be much better than Dallas and offensively as long as we continue to address the OL we should be fine.

We've taken a lot more steps in improving the roster whereas Dallas has stayed the same in some areas and gotten worse in others. Dallas is trending downwards.
If the Cowboys land one of Jared Allen/Henry Melton and spend 2 of the first 3 picks of defense (which they obviously will) the Cowboys defense is going to be a lot better than the general public thinks.

I guess we will see this fall.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

The biggest difference between the teams is head coach and GM. Even if Dallas has slightly more talent (although I wouldn't agree), who do you trust to obtain better talent going forward? And who would you trust to coach said talent? We have a huge advantage over Dallas in that regard.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
If the Cowboys land one of Jared Allen/Henry Melton and spend 2 of the first 3 picks of defense (which they obviously will) the Cowboys defense is going to be a lot better than the general public thinks.

I guess we will see this fall.
What's your cap situation like? What type of moves would you have to make to make room for a guy like Melton or Allen?
Old 03-18-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

Quote:
No one gets handled by Will Beatty except for Eli. He's someone who needs to be upgraded badly but sadly, we can't afford to at this point.

I agree with Dez but would hope Prince would draw him as an assignment more. Prince is someone who we're really high on (at least I am) and hope he can take the next step. This draft is huge for both teams, it's a loaded class and both teams have pretty big needs. Luckily the redskins just continue to be inept. The eagles scare me a bit though, honestly.

I really don't think either team have many "marquee" players. Eli and Romo. Cruz and Dez. You've got witten.

On D, it's pretty much just Sean Lee and Antrel Rolle. I'd argue Prince, though, too. And well, potentially JPP but **** knows with him

If we throw Oline, you've got us beat because I like your OL, but I'm excited for our defense. We just need some pass rushers aka JPP to get back to where he was (which is a huge question mark).
Comparing Cruz to Dez is a joke, Sean Lee to Antrel Rolle?

Tyron Smith is a top 5 left tackle already with a first ballet HOF ceiling, and don't forget about Travis Frederick. Dude could become a rare elite center.

In terms of guys like Prince, you could say that about Carr or Claiborne if Claiborne could stay healthy and they find a pass rush. IMO corners are relatively irrelevant. Even in Seattle, the pass rush is at least 70% why they're that good.

If the Super Bowl was 7 on 7 the Broncos would've picked them apart. It's all pass rush.

Last edited by BroadcasterC : 03-18-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What's your cap situation like? What type of moves would you have to make to make room for a guy like Melton or Allen?
They have the room to make it work if they want, and going forward with Ware off the books the cowboys cap situation is bright.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyron Smith and HOF should never be in the same sentence right now.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
They have the room to make it work if they want, and going forward with Ware off the books the cowboys cap situation is bright.
I thought cutting Ware got them just under the cap.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Schwartz is not a band-aid. DRC is not a band-aid. Jennings is not a band-aid.

The only thing they stop us from drafting is probably a CB. And we've got McBride and James with youth and depth.

Schwartz won't stop us from drafting another OL. We still need upgrades in the front 7 and everywhere on O except save QB and maybe RB (i do really love Jennings). It changes the immediate priorities but I doubt the giants really let them impact the board. You know how much we stick to our board (for better or worse)
I see it similarly to this. Although DRC has a lot of question marks, but seeing how he can be used in Denver may have ignited a fit for him in our future plans. I disagree with you BBD on him being a press man corner. He could be used against certain players in that role, but he is not a strong corner, but uses his length to close gaps and speed to bait and position.

Schwartz I feel will be a starter for us until he retires, similar to McKenzie. Not a band-aid, a solid starter and dependable in the run game for sure.

Jennings is similar to Andre Brown in a lot of ways, although I think he's a better receiver, runs with less abandon but is a consistently good player. I think thats the type of player we need. Our franchise's best runner was that way (Barber), and although earlier in his career he was more of a scatback, he became an all around player that wasn't flashy but was consistently good.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote