Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-02-2014, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Hmm i just found all my football stuff in some hidden box. I have playbooks, offensive binder, special teams binder and drills, and defensive binder, call sheets, game break downs, and blank sheets for coaching. Funny when you look for stuff you can't find it, but when you aren't looking for stuff, it gets found.

BBD one day when I meet you, I will give you copies of it. I think you'd like some of the stuff I have here.
sounds very interesting

Is it mostly NYG stuff? or is there some other stuff in there (eg Packers?)
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Which would you prefer?

Rd 1- Donald/Nix
Rd 2- Niklas

Or

Rd 1- Ebron
Rd 2- Tuitt
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
sounds very interesting

Is it mostly NYG stuff? or is there some other stuff in there (eg Packers?)

Nope my game break downs are NYG. Everything else isn't. Pats playbook, my college one, Mike Martz playbook
Drills and binders on offense, defense , special teams and position drills. So much stuff...
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
Which would you prefer?

Rd 1- Donald/Nix
Rd 2- Niklas

Or

Rd 1- Ebron
Rd 2- Tuitt
Option 1 for me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nope my game break downs are NYG. Everything else isn't. Pats playbook, my college one, Mike Martz playbook
Drills and binders on offense, defense , special teams and position drills. So much stuff...
Thanks for the offer bro. I'd be interested in checking that stuff out some time if we ever cross paths.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:15 AM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
To be fair, a lot of his guys just got hurt. Thomas was a stud who got hurt. Kenny was a stud who got hurt. Wilson got hurt before his career could ever take off. Koets was looking like our future C then tears his ACL. Mario was a good get but we lost him in FA. Joseph. Bradshaw. Boss. Ballard. Sintim tears his ACL twice.

We hit on several guys, but they just didn't last long for whatever reason, whether it was health or lost in free agency.

He's not as bad as he looks right now but he probably wasn't as great as we made him out to be either.
I agree with most of what you said. He should get full credit for his 2007 draft, it ranks up there withthe all time drafts in terms of instant impact, which brought a championship no less. I also think the injuries have hurt our drafts, the poster child being Chad Jones.

But he also should get full credit for his misses. Despite Sintim's injuries he had no business being on our defense with the scheme we ran. The poor kid was a 3-4 OLB all day. Then he doubles down with A. Tracy the next year. Then there are the half hearted attempts at filling Mike spot. Also we can't forget Travis Beckum picked above a lot of better options in what was a deep class of TE's.

Now, I also want to remind you guys that we were all pretty stoked when we got Barden. So don't call him out for that miss, when most of us on this board, were on board with the pick. It was a 3 round gamble on a guy with a lot of tools, a year after we had just lost our big target.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disliked the Barden pick. I was one of the few. Then I warmed up to him only to give up on him shortly after.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks for the offer bro. I'd be interested in checking that stuff out some time if we ever cross paths.
If we were to meet Ebron it would may be at the Giants TC now at the meadowlands Ebron and not in freaking Albany Ebron.

But I thought you might Ebron like to see my defensive binder Ebron. You'd like all that stuff I have from drills to defensive Ebron pro playbooks.

I still can't Ebron find my Packers playoff game Ebron breakdown which annoys me a lot. I have all their formations logged Ebron. I wanted to cross reference that to our formations we install Ebron this year.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I disliked the Barden pick. I was one of the few. Then I warmed up to him only to give up on him shortly after.
I hated it because it seems liked a knee jerk reaction to Plax shooting himself and going away. Our 6'5 WR gets in trouble, so then we draft a 6'6 guy. It just seemed like a knee jerk reaction by the franchise.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
Which would you prefer?

Rd 1- Donald/Nix
Rd 2- Niklas

Or

Rd 1- Ebron
Rd 2- Tuitt
2!!!!

I wish it was Lewan or Martin
Old 04-03-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Point #1 by Rose: Frigging awful and wrong and I like the signing for depth.

Point #2 by Rose: An excellent point that we probably don't mention enough.
I know Tucky had all those garbage sacks this season, but Ayers can at least bring it regularly against the run, and honestly, he still has potential as an interior pass rusher that no one has tapped into yet. Not that I expect Perry and co to be the ones to finally show everyone what gave Mayock such a boner when Ayers was coming out, but I wasn't being completely facetious when I called him better than tuck.

And the other point was something I started thinking about back when we lost Gibril after that first superbowl, he hit FA coming off that memorable run and got a monster contract from oakland that he never played at a high enough level to deserve. Then when Boss got the same absurd offer from the Raiders it started to become clear that the SB winner tag a lot of our guys had was making it impossible to re-sign many of them. Hell Mario was a pretty similar case to. If you work some of those guys back into the lineup for contracts they deserved, our depth would've stayed stronger over the years which would've let us draft differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 04-03-2014 at 05:03 PM.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownmaker View Post
I agree with most of what you said. He should get full credit for his 2007 draft, it ranks up there withthe all time drafts in terms of instant impact, which brought a championship no less. I also think the injuries have hurt our drafts, the poster child being Chad Jones.

But he also should get full credit for his misses. Despite Sintim's injuries he had no business being on our defense with the scheme we ran. The poor kid was a 3-4 OLB all day. Then he doubles down with A. Tracy the next year. Then there are the half hearted attempts at filling Mike spot. Also we can't forget Travis Beckum picked above a lot of better options in what was a deep class of TE's.

Now, I also want to remind you guys that we were all pretty stoked when we got Barden. So don't call him out for that miss, when most of us on this board, were on board with the pick. It was a 3 round gamble on a guy with a lot of tools, a year after we had just lost our big target.
It seems kind of hypocritical to give JR a pass for Barden and not for Sintim and Beckum seeing as all three where high upside gambles on day two at positions we could use a stud at, but didn't desperately need someone. Now Ramses was my favorite pick of the bunch, as I still think he was a very good prospect coming out, but as a pick in hindsight there's no reason to separate him from the likes of Beckum and Sintim.

Quote:
I hated it because it seems liked a knee jerk reaction to Plax shooting himself and going away. Our 6'5 WR gets in trouble, so then we draft a 6'6 guy. It just seemed like a knee jerk reaction by the franchise.
We drafted a 6'6" WR with the speed to get deep, even if he wasn't pulling away from people cause of his long stride and unspectacular explosion, and a knack for attacking the ball in the air. Ramses was an excellent project based off everything you could know about a guy without talking to him, his previous coaches and the people around him. If he had the mindset of Cruz or a young Nicks I still think he would've turned it a real weapon. But of course that's not how things played.

Having grabbed Nicks on day one to replace Plax, I really liked the idea of taking the project who could've ended up even better later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 04-03-2014 at 05:01 PM.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have somewhere around $4.5m in cap room (plus we get $5m on june 2 for rookie signings).

There are still some free agents I would like to see us look at before the draft.

We should bring in Brian de la Puente, I think we have trouble inside at center and an experienced vet makes a lot of sense. I know we have JD Walton, but he is still coming back from injury.

The other position is TE

There are solid options such as Dallas Clark, Owen Daniels and Ed Dickson, all of whom would likely be quite cheap.

I wonder if we are waiting for Jermichael Finley to get cleared.

I would also be ok with trading for Jermaine Gresham, which would probably cost a 5th rounder.

I am not a fan of relying on unproven players and a rookie to perform. Where possible we should have a blend of youth and experience.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Owen Daniels just signed with the Ravens today.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-03-2014, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Owen Daniels just signed with the Ravens today.
I missed that, there are other options though.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
It seems kind of hypocritical to give JR a pass for Barden and not for Sintim and Beckum seeing as all three where high upside gambles on day two at positions we could use a stud at, but didn't desperately need someone. Now Ramses was my favorite pick of the bunch, as I still think he was a very good prospect coming out, but as a pick in hindsight there's no reason to separate him from the likes of Beckum and Sintim.

We drafted a 6'6" WR with the speed to get deep, even if he wasn't pulling away from people cause of his long stride and unspectacular explosion, and a knack for attacking the ball in the air. Ramses was an excellent project based off everything you could know about a guy without talking to him, his previous coaches and the people around him. If he had the mindset of Cruz or a young Nicks I still think he would've turned it a real weapon. But of course that's not how things played.

Having grabbed Nicks on day one to replace Plax, I really liked the idea of taking the project who could've ended up even better later on.

He was a project pick, who should not have been drafted. It was a knee jerk reaction. Even the fans were happy because he was our replacement for Plax. He did well in his league, but in the NFL, he couldn't even get on the field for a lousy fade! I still can't believe that. Two damn wasted picks, in Barden and beckum. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid draft!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:52 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Hey Rosebud,
I think our draft that year was an upside draft. Most of the under the radar guys we talked about ended up getting drafted early, which I have no problem with. I was thrilled by the Barden Gamble and the Beatty move. As I stated earlier, Sintim was very scheme diverse. He was a 3-4 OLB. I will always feel like his career would have took a more succesful turn if he had been drafted by a team like the Steelers. The same holds true with A. Tracey. Sure Sintim might have been the BPA, but it was a round piece in a square slot. Why bother.

As for Beckum, I was just salty about taking Beckum an H-back when you had Cornelius Ingram, Shawn Nelson, and Anthony Hill. Guys that I felt were athletic route running TEs. I don't like to play teh what if game, its just not fair, but its worth noting that Brendon Myers and Zach Miller were also available.

Last edited by touchdownmaker : 04-04-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants may be interested in CJ2K once he is released according to nfl.com. Normally I'd write it off but it was Garofolo who reported it.

Would have made some sense if we didn't sign Jennings, but if we are showing serious interest then Wilson's health must really be up in the air.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yea agreed Damix. If the report is real it's not a good sign for Wilson at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-04-2014, 09:32 AM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

Man I feel bad for D. Wilson. Good kid, and a hard worker. I hope he recovers.

Aslo, I would be through the roof if the g-men signed CJ2k. Don't know where the money would be coming from thoughwe are at around $5M cap wise.

The Jets seem like the more probable destination. It would give Mornhingweg some kind of a version of Shady McCoy. Mornhingweg, and Andy Reid for that matter, know how to put their running backs in space. I still get nitghmares of Michael Westbrook tourching us on those routes out ofthe back field, straight raping our LB's. CJ would be dangerous.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:47 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well we get $5 mil more post-June 1st from the Baas cut so I'm not sure if that means anything.

And I like Wilson, quickest RB we've had in forever. Could be such a weapon. Shame about his health but also, on a more selfish note:

it's why you don't draft RB early. So much potential for injury
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't want CJ at all. He sucks. And he has a nasty attitude. And he's useless as a blocker or in the pass game.

I'm starting to lose faith in this front office if they make moves like that. He's awful. Even if Wilson is done for (which I've been assuming all along) there are better solutions than that guy.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Not going to happen so I wouldnt worry.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-04-2014, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Evans rumors to the Bucs after trading Mike Williams. VJ and new-VJ on the same team
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:31 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Mike Evans rumors to the Bucs after trading Mike Williams. VJ and new-VJ on the same team
I can see that happening. Good move by them if they do that.