Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-06-2014, 03:28 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
After all the **** I've given caddy for coming from a land that god clearly doesn't want people to live in, I dunno how I feel about having an Aussie giants fan. You sure you're not a kiwi Pete?
I am not a kiwi ;)

As far as tough places to live, I used to live in Darwin.

I know a few Giants fans here in Australia including my best buddy from Geelong.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

De La Puente signs for 1 year and just 165k guaranteed? While we gave Walton 2 million guaranteed? Hope Walton is really over all those injuries.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
De La Puente signs for 1 year and just 165k guaranteed? While we gave Walton 2 million guaranteed? Hope Walton is really over all those injuries.
I know, De La Puente was signed close to the vet minimum and isn't the starter.

I would have liked him as a backup to Walton.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can still draft a center. We aren't going to spend money for the sake of it especially since the draft is coming up.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pete you gotta stop by and watch a live Giants game!

Yeah I think Center is a major need right now. There's no way we can put all our eggs in Walton's basket. There's just no way. I can't begin to explain how terrible of an idea that would be.

My guess is we will look at a G/C guy who can play both positions in round 2. That way if Walton is healthy the guy can become Snee's future replacement at G, and if Walton isn't healthy he can slide in at C.

I think Gabe Jackson is capable of doing this. He hasn't done it yet, but everything I read about his intelligence, technique, and ability suggest to me that he can if need be. He'd need to shed like 10 to 15 lbs though to play Center (ideally).
Old 04-07-2014, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Martin is my guy. Big enough to play G and experienced at C.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:07 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Pete you gotta stop by and watch a live Giants game!

Yeah I think Center is a major need right now. There's no way we can put all our eggs in Walton's basket. There's just no way. I can't begin to explain how terrible of an idea that would be.

My guess is we will look at a G/C guy who can play both positions in round 2. That way if Walton is healthy the guy can become Snee's future replacement at G, and if Walton isn't healthy he can slide in at C.

I think Gabe Jackson is capable of doing this. He hasn't done it yet, but everything I read about his intelligence, technique, and ability suggest to me that he can if need be. He'd need to shed like 10 to 15 lbs though to play Center (ideally).

No project picks. If the guy is moving out of position then I want him to have played the spot. This FO doesn't have the luxury to do that stuff. Hit on your picks, let's not pull a Clint S. 34 LB but let's project him in a 43 system. No, no, no. If the guy played the spot fine. If he hasn't then no. Just draft the guy who played the spot.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Marcus Martin is my guy. Big enough to play G and experienced at C.
yes yes yes. Marcus Martin is absolutely the guy I want. I think we'd have to grab him round 2, sadly, though
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gabe is such a good Guard though. I love the big uglies. The bigger and fatter the more I like em.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gabe is such a good Guard though. I love the big uglies. The bigger and fatter the more I like em.
Oh, trust me, I love 'em too. I mean, in an ideal world, we can nab Jackson in the 2nd and Martin in the 3rd and have an OL of Beatty-Schwartz-Martin-Jackson-Pugh

that would be awesome. Especially if Beatty gets his **** together.

If we could come away with one of those guys, I'd be ecstatic
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Oh, trust me, I love 'em too. I mean, in an ideal world, we can nab Jackson in the 2nd and Martin in the 3rd and have an OL of Beatty-Schwartz-Martin-Jackson-Pugh

that would be awesome. Especially if Beatty gets his **** together.

If we could come away with one of those guys, I'd be ecstatic
That's why I really hope we can move back in the 1st and collect an extra 2nd. Get Martin and Jackson in the second round and I'm wet.

In the first, we can get Niklas in the 20s. Then you solve TE, OL in the first 2 rounds. Then Coleman in the 3rd.

And zomg nutjuice all over the walls.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

If we stay home at 12 I'm really warming up to the idea of Aaron Donald in that spot.

In the mehcca mock I took Jake Matthews bc he fell in our laps and I felt we had to take him at that point with all our OL concerns, but I don't anticipate that happening in an actual draft.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I knew you'd warm up to Donald!

Obviously we couldn't pass on Matthews, and you know we can't bank on trading down or anything. I have a feeling it ends up something like Lewan at 12, Niklas in the 2nd and a guy like OG Trai Turner from LSU in the 3rd
Quote:
Old 04-07-2014, 11:35 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Waste to draft a damn DT in the first.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Waste to draft a damn DT in the first.
It's not a waste to draft anybody in the first if they turn out to be a multiple pro bowler. If Donald turns out to be Warren Sapp, Geno Atkins, or even Kevin Williams, it would be worth it.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Throw John Randle in there also!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He's getting spoiled now that we drafted 2 offensive players in the 1st round. We need to go defense again and let him have his project OLmen in the 4th.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Throw John Randle in there also!
Or Willy Joseph!

oh. ****. wait. no, hold on...come back to me
Quote:
Old 04-07-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just take the best player. If Donald becomes Kevin Williams and Lewan becomes Robert Gallery, what does it matter that we drafted an OT in the first round?

This draft is just deeper at OT, but they all won't be good. Hopefully Reese and Co. can tell the difference.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:54 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It's not a waste to draft anybody in the first if they turn out to be a multiple pro bowler. If Donald turns out to be Warren Sapp, Geno Atkins, or even Kevin Williams, it would be worth it.
Sure, you can say that about any prospect. If player X at position 1, turns out to be like... Insert name (HOF player or pro bowler) then sure it's worth it. Come on now.

And if player X at position 1, we project to the like insert name, stinks we end up with Bust Insert name at position 1.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
He's getting spoiled now that we drafted 2 offensive players in the 1st round. We need to go defense again and let him have his project OLmen in the 4th.
My reaction to you warming up to a DT, defensive player. LOL. Well no kidding. Like a fish warming up to water.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

I'm also weary at first round DT's, so many busts.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yeah that bothers me too. I don't mind defense like Gilbert. But I am not a fan o any of the DTs, and don't see it as a need. Hence, need mixed with value can be better at other positions.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you not see a need when all we have is Jenkins, Hankins, Kuhn, and Patterson? Not exactly that good or deep there and I like Hankins upside potential.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Sure, you can say that about any prospect. If player X at position 1, turns out to be like... Insert name (HOF player or pro bowler) then sure it's worth it. Come on now.

And if player X at position 1, we project to the like insert name, stinks we end up with Bust Insert name at position 1.
Then why would you dismiss any position? Especially if that potential exists?