Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-24-2014, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli and Snee were drafted 10 years ago today. I'm friggin old.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to ruin my morning GF
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm going to feel old then dammit everyone else in here will also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2014, 11:30 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think out of Atlanta, Indy, Seattle and San Fran we go 2-2. Probably go 3-3 in the division. The rest of the games look very winnable. I could see us going anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5. Week 17 very well could be for the division

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we should draft jeremy deering
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll need to start hot. Our first 4 games are not difficult. But Dallas, Bye, Indy, Seattle, San Fran, Dallas could be deadly. 2-3 would be great in that span, especially if both wins are Dallas.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the first 5 are really winnable. I think we HAVE to win 4 of them.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
we should draft jeremy deering
Nope Carroo.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2014, 01:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went from Boston, from college to the 2004 draft day party. We drafted Rivers which was a shock. Then the trade happened. I remember we then went to the stadium, my buddies and I, and sat on the turf, and watched the draft from the big screen. I still vividly remember Tommie Harris being drafted as I looked up at the screen to see his picture.

Beautiful sunny day with kids playing and just people hanging out sitting. They then closed everything off and Eli walked down steps and greeted everyone. I was in the front and I got to see him.

He is 7 months older than me. Then, afterwards, my friends and I drove back to school. When Eli makes it to the HOF I will close out the journey and go to that event. It would be special going to when he was drafted to his HOF enshrinement.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I went from Boston, from college to the 2004 draft day party. We drafted Rivers which was a shock. Then the trade happened. I remember we then went to the stadium, my buddies and I, and sat on the turf, and watched the draft from the big screen. I still vividly remember Tommie Harris being drafted as I looked up at the screen to see his picture.

Beautiful sunny day with kids playing and just people hanging out sitting. They then closed everything off and Eli walked down steps and greeted everyone. I was in the front and I got to see him.

He is 7 months older than me. Then, afterwards, my friends and I drove back to school. When Eli makes it to the HOF I will close out the journey and go to that event. It would be special going to when he was drafted to his HOF enshrinement.
Jughead and I have an absolute horror story trying to get into the draft that day.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2014, 01:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i'm trying to go this year. any advice? I did ask my aunt to see what she could potentially hook us up with so that could be awesome
Quote:
Old 04-25-2014, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember my own thoughts on the 2004 draft.

I also going back to 1997 and what happened. I remembered at the time that there was a few things that I would do differently.

I have gone through my notes at the time and it is interesting.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-gia...zes-with-nicks
Old 04-25-2014, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
They sound like bitchy ex girlfriends that became bffs because they have something in common.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yeah they do. Bradshaw was treated fairly, so not sure what his beef is.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah they do. Bradshaw was treated fairly, so not sure what his beef is.
Is he talking about Reese and the front office? He can't be talking about Coughlin pushing vets out to play young guys.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Is he talking about Reese and the front office? He can't be talking about Coughlin pushing vets out to play young guys.
It sounds like he is talking about everything from being phased out to, not being on the team and so on. I guess he is sympathizing with Nicks like he understands or knows.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have signed QB Rusty Smith (Titans)

Curtis Painter did go in for surgery (we didnt cut him), he had his knee scoped and is out 4 weeks

So we have 5 QBs on our 80 man roster
Old 04-28-2014, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Interesting, from what Eli is saying the entire offense (and most of the roster) are attending voluntary workouts. I seems to me that the entire team is highly motivated
Old 04-29-2014, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

Quite a few spots are up for grabs that's why. OL, WR, RB, TE. Lots of ass kissing happening right about now.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Interesting, from what Eli is saying the entire offense (and most of the roster) are attending voluntary workouts. I seems to me that the entire team is highly motivated

Yeah because the offense, I'd say discounting high prized free agents , all have a 1 or 2 year deal.

Manning
Wilson
RR
JJ
MM
Whole The corps
All the OL outside of Pugh, Schwartz, and Beatty.

So they better be motivated because they need to all produce this year or massive changes will occur.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

we officially exercised Prince's 5th year option, per shefty on the tweeter.
Quote:
Old 05-01-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
we officially exercised Prince's 5th year option, per shefty on the tweeter.
Nice!! That might also mean an extension is getting close.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-01-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prince is probably my second favorite player on the team. He just seems like a great dude.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Nice!! That might also mean an extension is getting close.
possibly, it also gives us a little insurance with all the DBs off contract after the season.