Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-04-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been looking at the depth at QB and it is rather strong.

There are rumours that the Giants are interested in trading Ryan Nassib.

Quote:
"Reese had every opportunity in the world to end any speculation that last year's fourth-round pick Ryan Nassib may be traded. Instead, he said the Giants will 'keep all of our options open,' with the young quarterback," noted Jordan Raanan of NJ.com. "That's usually code word for they will try to trade him.

"Reese admitted the Giants still don't know much about Nassib, even after a year of watching him during practice. That's not exactly a good sign or resounding show of support. ... Expect the Giants to, at the very least, be open to taking offers for Nassib, if they aren't themselves the aggressors, either before the draft or during training camp."
This year's QB class is not strong and a case could be made that Nassib is at least as good as the 2nd tier QBs this year.

If we were to consider trading Nassib, what would his value be? a 2nd or 3rd round pick? I remember Reese saying last year that they thought Nassib had second round value.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reese always says he keeps his options open.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't believe for a second that we could net anything more than a 4th round pick for Nassib.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I don't believe for a second that we could net anything more than a 4th round pick for Nassib.
I could see Nassib being traded for an early third round pick. There are a lot of QB needy teams and I think Nassib is a better option than the expected prospects.

If we don't get that kind of offer, I expect we keep Nassib.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

These questions and answers at Jerry Reese's predraft press conference hint strongly to me that Ebron is not in the mix at #12

Quote:

Q: Historically this team has relied on the tight end quite a bit. Would you be comfortable moving forward with the guys you have on your roster right now?

A: Historically we’ve relied on our tight end?

Q: Well, they’ve had a prominent role.

A: Really?

Q: I seem to remember the tight ends catching important passes.

A: Yeah, well, we think we have some tight ends who can catch some important passes. Prominent role? We want all of our positions to be prominent roles. I’m not sure if we had, if our tight ends had prominent roles in the past. We want a competent tight end. We think we have a couple of young tight ends that have been here for a couple of years that we want to develop and we’ll continue to look as we move forward. Was the question would I move up in the draft for a tight end? Is that what you said?

Q: No.

A: Ok, I’m sorry.

Q: Does what you look for in a tight end change? The position seems to be changing a little bit, guys that are spread out wide even more, in the slot. The rules kind of favor them in terms of being able to make contact with them. There seem to be bigger, more athletic guys at that position.

A: Everyone wants big, fast tight ends who can block and catch balls. It’s the same thing all over the league. Everybody wants those guys. Sometimes you can get a smaller guy who, I guess they’ve coined them as H-back kind of guys and receiving tight ends. We’d like guys who are big and fast and can block and can catch at that position.
Nothing really amazing there, but it backs up other sources with concerns about Ebron's fit with NYG.

I think we go with another position at #12

I also think RB is definately in the mix from day 2
Old 05-04-2014, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I am wondering if there is a chance we could trade up if we really covet one of the elite prospects.

Oakland are rumoured to be desperate to trade down and have gone for less than value in the past.

Plenty of other teams also want to trade down.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 05-04-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:18 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree there are a lot of teams wanting to trade down, but why do we need to trade up? A lot of the teams willing/trying to trade down are doing so in order to reap benefits instead of simply taking Quarterbacks. Just like in the circumstance I think Houston is in, they'll need to either deal with not getting true value. And in not getting true value of their pick I do feel like they'd rather just make the pick to avoid losing out on their guy.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 05-05-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I agree there are a lot of teams wanting to trade down, but why do we need to trade up? A lot of the teams willing/trying to trade down are doing so in order to reap benefits instead of simply taking Quarterbacks. Just like in the circumstance I think Houston is in, they'll need to either deal with not getting true value. And in not getting true value of their pick I do feel like they'd rather just make the pick to avoid losing out on their guy.
We don't need to trade up, I just wonder if there is an elite guy we really like. If there is then it is an option and it could be affordable.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Reese always says he keeps his options open.
Exactly. Also, I think if Nassib is being traded it's to help us move up in a round.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
Exactly. Also, I think if Nassib is being traded it's to help us move up in a round.
I think you are probably right.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I just want Thursday to be here.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all need to get on IRC or some medium during the draft!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll definitely be around on IRC for round 1, likely day 2 as well.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Round 1 I might be able to but I have to work Friday night so will miss all of 2 and 3. Sucks for me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah, yeah. I'll be here for the first two days, and then the last day is when I'll be graduating and then driving back home to Connecticut.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got a class and then a basketball game so I'll be recording the draft and the nets game and then sleeping all day friday, but I'll try and be on IRC for day 2 on friday
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah, pretty sure my girlfriend will be watching it with me too so that may hinder some accessibility to the interwebs for me.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

1. Install IRC on your phone.
2. ??
3. Profit.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

IRC is still around lol?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-05-2014, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Well I just want Thursday to be here.
It is actually friday morning here in Australia, I have the day off to watch the live coverage :)
Old 05-06-2014, 01:10 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

God damn Will Hill, he looked so good at the end of last season. Just asking for opinions, but what if marijuana is legalized in more states? Does that mean for the NFL to selectively penalize teams? If there is a double standard amongst NFL players wouldn't it just be best to stray away from penalizing at all?

FREE WILL HILL

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-06-2014, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Doesn't matter if it's legal in certain areas as long as the NFL considers it a banned substance.

Hill is just an idiot. C'mon bro. Just save it for the off-season.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Doesn't matter if it's legal in certain areas as long as the NFL considers it a banned substance.

Hill is just an idiot. C'mon bro. Just save it for the off-season.
Do you think we keep him at all?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-06-2014, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

No clue. I'm fine with keeping him but we need to basically just pretend like he's not there. If he stays clean, so be it, it's an added bonus.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Will Hill has to resolve his appeal against suspension first.

He was reportedly on his last chance with Reese so it is a dicey situation.