Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-12-2014, 11:03 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like Donnell more than either of the other two. I do recall Pope liking him as well, enough to persuade/encourage the giants to keep 4 TE's.

Jerry Reese without a question likes Adrien Robinson, who has the best measurables of all three (Kellen Davis though was heralded for his athleticism coming out of college as well).

I did think about us not drafting a TE at all bc of Jerry's comments earlier in the draft process and that we feel confident in what we have. Some of that seems like sheer disinterest to invest in the position at all.

Realistically, we won't make a move for anyone else. But all of the guys we have on the roster seem very similar. They all are big, decently athletic, mostly straight line runners with limited change of direction, catch with hands well but really struggle to separate from defenders. Not ecstatic about the last part.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:27 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I agree with you OSU but don't forget Pope was a big part of that and now he's gone.

Anyway there are never trades in the NFL after the draft. This is definitely who we're going into the season with.
True, the absence of Pope is really the main reason to be worried. Dude could turn a turd into a sunflower. But still, I'm not all that worried about our current group of TEs.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with you OSU but don't forget Pope was a big part of that and now he's gone.

Anyway there are never trades in the NFL after the draft. This is definitely who we're going into the season with.
That is a little simplistic when we traded Shockey (July 21, 2008)
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:19 AM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

I'm not comfortable with the TEs. We're taking a bunch of sh!t, throwing it against the wall, and hoping some of it sticks.

We should add Finely to a cheap 1 yr deal then have Robinson, Davis, Donnell, and Grimble compete for the final two roster spots.

Finely and McAdoo have a great relationship, Finely described McAdoo as a father figure. It fits and I think that's the reason we didn't go TE in the draft.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
That is a little simplistic when we traded Shockey (July 21, 2008)
Almost a lone exception though. It really doesn't happen often at all.

We're going with this group and maybe Finley if they want to sign him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
I'm not comfortable with the TEs. We're taking a bunch of sh!t, throwing it against the wall, and hoping some of it sticks.

We should add Finely to a cheap 1 yr deal then have Robinson, Davis, Donnell, and Grimble compete for the final two roster spots.

Finely and McAdoo have a great relationship, Finely described McAdoo as a father figure. It fits and I think that's the reason we didn't go TE in the draft.
I think the main reason we didn't draft a TE was that we couldn't match up a TE with value on the board when we picked.

I would like to see us add Jermichael Finley but that I think will depend on his medical clearance more than anything else. Like Wilson and Beatty, would we rely on a guy with his medical history?

We do need to add depth at TE, I wouldn't be surprised if we test the waters on trade options to see who might be available.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want a more versatile Defensive front 7 scheme. Other coordinators do so much with even less than what we have because they play to the few strengths their players have.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-13-2014, 11:09 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

As far as offense, this McAdoo guy seems really eccentric and crazy so I'd assume he will do well. I have my reservations because apparently he hasn't even called plays at a collegiate level, but its not like he wasn't a part of designs and such.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2014, 09:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I just want a more versatile Defensive front 7 scheme. Other coordinators do so much with even less than what we have because they play to the few strengths their players have.
Other coordinators design blitz packages that are unique and get home as well. I can't wait until we get a new DC, one who actually blitzes often but most importantly, the blitzes get home!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:57 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why we haven't looked at Keller.
I don't know why people want Finley over Keller, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=495416

Coughlin: Robinson and Donnell Have Looked Really Good
Old 05-14-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is BBD dead?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:03 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to say I was at the draft and your fans really won me over. Every one I met was super nice and courteous, and I was wearing my Jets stuff haha. Really won me over.

Also, as always, you guys seem to take guys I like. Odell was my favorite in the class, so I'm hoping he does big things.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is BBD dead?
It is a growing concern.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:50 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BBD must've spontaneously combusted when we didn't pick an OL.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2014, 10:52 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is BBD dead?
Anyone check his twitter recently? I don't know his handle but that's be the best way to see what's up with him. So weird to see him just disapear, especially during the draft

Old 05-14-2014, 10:53 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
BBD must've spontaneously combusted when we didn't pick an OL.
Guess round 2 picks don't count. Also, I'm pretty sure BBD was the conductor of the Aaron Donald train.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I just want to say I was at the draft and your fans really won me over. Every one I met was super nice and courteous, and I was wearing my Jets stuff haha. Really won me over.

Also, as always, you guys seem to take guys I like. Odell was my favorite in the class, so I'm hoping he does big things.
honestly, I LOVED your draft. I'm not sure why Giants/Jets is such a heated rivalry when we play each other once every 4 years. Just the typical NY fan thing, I guess. I think you guys can really make a nice step this year...it does depend a lot on Geno though.

And trust me, BBD's alive. The Nets lost the other night, so I know this for a fact due to twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:59 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Guess round 2 picks don't count. Also, I'm pretty sure BBD was the conductor of the Aaron Donald train.
Eh Richburg is more meh for me bc of run blocking. I think BBD just wanted a big ugly period if Evans was off the board.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2014, 11:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

You can coach that up. It's not like he is a perfect product or finished one.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I don't understand why we haven't looked at Keller.
I don't know why people want Finley over Keller, either.
It's the fit. Finley knows the offense and has a great relationship with McAdoo. Also, Kellers knee injury has something to do with it. Torn ACLs are hard enough for players to come back from. Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL, and dislocated his knee cap.

Not saying I wouldn't look into Keller and I understand both have their risk and injury concerns.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Jordan Raanan: Analyzing Richburg on tape

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=495552
Old 05-14-2014, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I like what we have done with the roster. It isn't flashy but it is very solid with potential.

What stands out to me is the quality of depth and competition at almost every spot. In many cases we have guys behind the starters who have shown some ability as a starter.

we have a mix of established players with our old system, established players with some success elsewhere and guys with high upsides.

We shouldn't dismiss some of the free agent signings, they may not have set the world on fire elsewhere, but that doesn't limit their ability here. Just take O'Hara as an example, I remember when we signed him to be our starting center, the fans were not thrilled, but it did turn out ok.

We also do well with developing undrafted talent, lets get the guys in the building and get coaching.

I think the coaching staff have some tools to work with, I am really looking forward to OTAs and training camp.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

The Giants add OT Jamaal Johnson-Webb

Quote:
The Giants claimed former Cardinals, Bears, Vikings and Bills offensive lineman Jamaal Johnson-Webb off waivers.

Johnson-Webb, 24, a 6-6, 306-pound tackle out of Alabama A&M, spent time with all four organizations last year. He was the first player in A&M history to be invited for the combine.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
It's the fit. Finley knows the offense and has a great relationship with McAdoo. Also, Kellers knee injury has something to do with it. Torn ACLs are hard enough for players to come back from. Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL, and dislocated his knee cap.

Not saying I wouldn't look into Keller and I understand both have their risk and injury concerns.
Yep Finley knows McAdoo very well and will be familiar with the things we want to do offensively.

He also gives us an experienced veteran to mentor the younger guys.

I am not so sure on Keller to be honest. I am not sold on that option.