Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-14-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't grade roster or draft. It's pointless until we see how everything shapes up. We will grade everything at the end of the season and 2 years down the road. I want to see how the Wilson and RR draft contributes. Now I am expecting last years draft to impact.

I want return on our investment! No, 2 or 3 years down the road BS.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Other coordinators design blitz packages that are unique and get home as well. I can't wait until we get a new DC, one who actually blitzes often but most importantly, the blitzes get home!
What's sad is Fewell was that guy when he's had to be, in buffalo where they didn't give him too much to work with and injuries decimated the team every year he was extremely adaptive and creative with his blitzes. We even saw a glimpse of that guy during our SB run when he had to simplify his coverage shells. But then people got healthy and he outsmarted himself again. It's really a shame cause the more talent we give him to work with, the worse he uses it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:56 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Yep Finley knows McAdoo very well and will be familiar with the things we want to do offensively.

He also gives us an experienced veteran to mentor the younger guys.

I am not so sure on Keller to be honest. I am not sold on that option.
My one problem with this is that Finley didn't exactly do what they wanted from him in Green Bay either, he made a lot of mistakes and those drops...after his injury I'd honestly rather just role with what we've got cause I know they won't complain if we have to stop throwing to the TE, unlike J-mike.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2014, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am looking forward to seeing how things shape up over the preseason and training camp.

So anyone willing to make predictions on the 53 man roster?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know BBD's number? I'm pretty worried about the guy. Not a peep on draft day? And I know he had been complaining of chest pain and such not long ago in the RDT.

I hope he's alright!
Old 05-16-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Didn't Scotty say he was going off about the nets on twitface?

Quote:
Old 05-16-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I am looking forward to seeing how things shape up over the preseason and training camp.

So anyone willing to make predictions on the 53 man roster?
ODB will be on it, and be awesome. I haven't been this excited by a first rounder since JPP, and I loved the **** out of Pugh and Wilson. Actually even more excited than I was when we got Nicks or Shockey, two of my favorites.

Quote:
Old 05-17-2014, 12:10 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Shockey could've been used in this type of offense

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

Tom Crabtree was released from the Bucs. I wonder if he's someone we'll consider adding to mix seeing that he's spent time with McAdoodoo.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:00 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I wish Shockey could've been used in this type of offense
I loved that whiny douchebag so damn much. The helmet less run after he had become slow and mostly washed up was so ******* epic.

Quote:
Old 05-18-2014, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a lot of depth this year with plenty of competition in preseason.

Which positional battles are you most interested in for training camp?
Old 05-18-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Anyone know BBD's number? I'm pretty worried about the guy. Not a peep on draft day? And I know he had been complaining of chest pain and such not long ago in the RDT.

I hope he's alright!
Has anyone heard from BBD?
Old 05-18-2014, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has he been tweeting?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's his Twitter name? I'm worried about the guy! That or he got a girlfriend.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What's his Twitter name? I'm worried about the guy! That or he got a girlfriend.
Wish I could help
Old 05-18-2014, 11:47 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't know if he'd be okay with me posting it here for all to see so I PM'd it to ya. He seems to be doin just fine. Maybe he crossed over to ATLs forum?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Don't know if he'd be okay with me posting it here for all to see so I PM'd it to ya. He seems to be doin just fine. Maybe he crossed over to ATLs forum?
Thanks buddy. Just wanted to make sure he was alright.

I figured if he went there he would have let us all know. I doubt it though. Their site is pretty dead from what I've seen.

Just unusual and non-BBD like.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks buddy. Just wanted to make sure he was alright.

I figured if he went there he would have let us all know. I doubt it though. Their site is pretty dead from what I've seen.

Just unusual and non-BBD like.
Yeah I checked that site and it's there most recent post is may 8th, before that it's all March or earlier. No BBD sightings there

Old 05-19-2014, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Good to hear, BBD has been strangely quiet

glad all is ok :)
Old 05-19-2014, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah, he posted on Twitter a couple times in the past 11 hours. Not sure why he hasn't been around. Maybe his head imploded over the two straight offensive player picks!
Old 05-19-2014, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, he posted on Twitter a couple times in the past 11 hours. Not sure why he hasn't been around. Maybe his head imploded over the two straight offensive player picks!
very possibly :)

I don't think our picks were at the top of his list...
Old 05-19-2014, 12:22 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Anyone tried DMing him and asking what's up?

Old 05-19-2014, 12:51 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

...you guys realize that sometimes life happens and you just don't have time to sit down and put together all of the thoughts you want to express, right? Twittface has confirmed BBD didn't Libid out on us, and sooner or later the new lady friend will let him come back to his true love, us. ;)

Quote:
Old 05-19-2014, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Well of course, I regularly come in and out due to the craziness of life. I just never saw BBD not respond after our draft, plus I remember he had said he'd been having some bad chest pain in the RDT a few weeks ago so I was genuinely worried about the guy.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Travis Beckum has been released by the Seahawks, is he worth a look?

Currently our TEs are very thin and both Davis and Robinson have been more of blocking TEs so far. Donnell is very inconsistent and along with Robinson are pretty much just potential at this point.

Sure Beckum is more undersized than we traditionally like, but then again, much the same can be said of Finley, he isn't the bigger style of TE we traditionally prefer. We really could use a quality receiving TE, Beckum can be a useful target underneath in the short/medium zones.

Travis Beckum knows this organisation and is experienced with Eli. I think he is a better fit for McAdoo's system than for Gilbride's. His familiarity with Eli will help him contribute earlier.

If Beckum is healthy, he is a low risk/ high reward kind of guy. He would not be too expensive. The fact that the Seahawks signed him is interesting, they certainly prioritise the position more than we do.