Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-20-2014, 06:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to re-sign MB as well. Finally found a guy who could only get better and we passed. The reason was this: hey, we could re-sign Nicks, Cruz and LinVal. Fine okay, I still like MB but the other 3 will cost a lot.

What angers me in hindsight is we re-signed only 1 .
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Nicks destruction was kind of hard to foresee. I've been complaining about Linval leaving since the season ended though so my thoughts on that are known.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, yes and no. Attitude no, injury prone, yes. The guy always seemed to have issues. LinJo if they knew they didn't want to re-sign then they could have paid MB.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:15 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It's more 3rd and 4th round to me. We never get a good player from those spots. And I'm with BBD on this draft, I feel like Bromley was a big reach. RBs are easy to get production out of so I'm not worried about that but this center better be good.
Was Linval a 2nd or third rounder? Cause that's something I'd agree with you a lot more, especially looking at this Bromley pick since he just screams JAG, but gripping about our day three picks is just a pet peeve of mine. It's like NHL fans expecting top 6 players out of late first rounders. Be happy if the guy ever even makes it to contribute, much less doing so in a major role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:17 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I do like the S we took and I have a good feeling about the USC tweener also.
I actually like the last kid the most, his explosion measureables are awesome, he's still pretty new to playing defense and yet became a team captain. Seems a little stiff in the hips so his future is probably as a safety or outside corner if he makes it, but with his special teams play he should stick around long enough to get a chance to make it as a defensive player.

I know this goes against my last post, but he's a late rounder I actually think could still be on the team 3-4 years from now.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2014, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Was Linval a 2nd or third rounder? Cause that's something I'd agree with you a lot more, especially looking at this Bromley pick since he just screams JAG, but gripping about our day three picks is just a pet peeve of mine. It's like NHL fans expecting top 6 players out of late first rounders. Be happy if the guy ever even makes it to contribute, much less doing so in a major role.
Linval was a 2nd rounder.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-20-2014, 07:31 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Thought so, yeah it's been a while since we grabbed studs like Tuck and Alford with our third and fourth rounders. But how well they do with premium picks buys a lot of good will from me.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found LeCharles Bentley's comments on our offensive line interesting.

I really like what we have done this offseason, this has to be the best depth and competition we have had in quite some time.

One thing to remember is that we haven't usually gone with the consensus with the Oline. I remember back in 2004 and a lot of fans were not happy with the overhaul on the Oline, but you have to say it worked out ok. Same when we moved Diehl to play LT. Guys like Locklear and Boothe have played key roles when needed and while not flashy have gotten the job done..

We have had issues as we all know, but they are largely due to age and injury. The vets we have brought in have generally done well. I know guys like Jerry, Brown and Walton aren't flashy and have had various issues at times, but that doesn't limit what they can do in our system.

I think Pat Flahrety is an under rated coach. Sure we need guys to step up, but we have plenty of depth and competition, now we just need to see who takes the next step.
Big_Pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:15 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Jerry and Brown probably won't amount to much beyond mediocre depth, but that helps, Walton can hold the fort until Richburg is ready and Schwartz I straight up like, think he'll start for us for quite a while, like a guard version of big Kareem McKenzie.

I'm actually quite optimistic that our OL could be damn near competent next season and will be not-horribad.

Depending on who stays healthy I'm quite optimistic about our offense, a better OL, a Cruz clone to learn from cruz, a new system, good depth at WR and RB, and Eli and Beatty coming off career low seasons that Eli at least will bounce back from, that's a lot of good things the offense has going for it.

And if JPP goes back to being one of the best defenders in the game I'd feel good about our defense to...can't help but wonder what the rams would've wanted for the Donald pick, cause if we could've added ODB, Donald and Richburg I'd be loving this team and really confident in them.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2014, 09:57 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want John Jerry on this team personally, I don't want any harassment to be a part of my locker room

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I don't want John Jerry on this team personally, I don't want any harassment to be a part of my locker room
I do agree but I tend to lean towards this organization and their personality evaluations and trust them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-20-2014, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it is a non issue, I don't think that with Coughlin and our player leadership that that kind of behaviour would happen.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jerry and Brown probably won't amount to much beyond mediocre depth, but that helps, Walton can hold the fort until Richburg is ready and Schwartz I straight up like, think he'll start for us for quite a while, like a guard version of big Kareem McKenzie.

I'm actually quite optimistic that our OL could be damn near competent next season and will be not-horribad.

Depending on who stays healthy I'm quite optimistic about our offense, a better OL, a Cruz clone to learn from cruz, a new system, good depth at WR and RB, and Eli and Beatty coming off career low seasons that Eli at least will bounce back from, that's a lot of good things the offense has going for it.

And if JPP goes back to being one of the best defenders in the game I'd feel good about our defense to...can't help but wonder what the rams would've wanted for the Donald pick, cause if we could've added ODB, Donald and Richburg I'd be loving this team and really confident in them.
I am quite confident that our Oline can be at least solid this season.

I am not sure who ends up in the starting roles, but there is enough competition and talent to ensure that whoever gets on the field will have earned it. In addition to Jerry, Walton and Brown we have guys like Brewer, Mosely, Reynolds, Kropog and Goodin with some starting experience.

I actually think moving to a zone blocking scheme helps us as well.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I am quite confident that our Oline can be at least solid this season.

I am not sure who ends up in the starting roles, but there is enough competition and talent to ensure that whoever gets on the field will have earned it. In addition to Jerry, Walton and Brown we have guys like Brewer, Mosely, Reynolds, Kropog and Goodin with some starting experience.

I actually think moving to a zone blocking scheme helps us as well.
I agree, I still wish Pugh would move to RG to make way for a better run-blocking RT capable of running behind.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Thought so, yeah it's been a while since we grabbed studs like Tuck and Alford with our third and fourth rounders. But how well they do with premium picks buys a lot of good will from me.

Lol Alford? He made one play while with us. Although it was a big sack I don't think that's enough to mention him in the same breath as Tuck. He was an inconsistent pass rusher and serviceable long snapper at best.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

Im happy with the improvements we made to the oline. Can't fix it all in one year.

I still think Pugh is our RG of the future.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:42 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
Lol Alford? He made one play while with us. Although it was a big sack I don't think that's enough to mention him in the same breath as Tuck. He was an inconsistent pass rusher and serviceable long snapper at best.
I've seen this mentioned, but it's simply not true, Alford had more than jsut that phenomenal SB before destroying his knee. Still the best three technique we've had in the time I've been following the team, yet because his career ended so abruptly some have forgotten that he was an excellent penetrator.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2014, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No I'm with Mel here and it seems like the revisionist history going on is making Alford out to be some great player. He was average at best with a monster sack in the SB. Could he have became better before the injury? Absolutely as he was improving every year but he wasn't that great with us overall. Cofield was a much better 3.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-21-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No I'm with Mel here and it seems like the revisionist history going on is making Alford out to be some great player. He was average at best with a monster sack in the SB. Could he have became better before the injury? Absolutely as he was improving every year but he wasn't that great with us overall. Cofield was a much better 3.
Cofield was a 4th round pick I think. Also an Accorsi pick.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Meant 3 tech not 3rd rounder.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-21-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meant 3 tech not 3rd rounder.
Eh he wasn't much of that either.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Eh he wasn't much of that either.
He was between 3 and 5 which is pretty much what Alford was also. Regardless Cofield was a ton better than Alford.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-21-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Quote:
I've seen this mentioned, but it's simply not true, Alford had more than jsut that phenomenal SB before destroying his knee. Still the best three technique we've had in the time I've been following the team, yet because his career ended so abruptly some have forgotten that he was an excellent penetrator.
Destroyed his knee? He had a torn MCL and partially torn ACL. After he bounced around on a few teams in the NFL he went on to play in the UFL and then the CFL. Last I saw from him he's trying pro wrestling (the fake ****).
Old 05-21-2014, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Looks like Beckham is already getting introduced to what it feels like being an NFL player.

http://nypost.com/2014/05/20/fiancee...per-threesome/
Old 05-21-2014, 07:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
JPP picked up Prince's soft ass and threw him in an ice tub while the team recorded it and laughed at him.

Don't let Jonathan Martin's creamsicle ass make you think the Dolphins were a bunch of bullies. They weren't. He was just soft as ****.

Am I the only one who likes Donnell as a sleeper this year? I don't trust Robinson's health but I really like Donnell and think he can thrive in this new offense.