Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-04-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jughead will probably make it 9. NYG needs to get in also even if he's a first timer.

I'll commish this.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Jughead will probably make it 9. NYG needs to get in also even if he's a first timer.

I'll commish this.
The battle of trying to draft Giants players, but at the same time not overdraft them simply for having a Giants player is going to be tough. Needless to say, I think we can all agree there is no Cowboys, Eagles, or Redskins player ever worth drafting.

AM I RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT?
Old 07-06-2014, 11:13 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shady mccoy is going to go undrafted.

or NYG will pick him and call us idiots for not being logical like he is
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
shady mccoy is going to go undrafted.

or NYG will pick him and call us idiots for not being logical like he is
NYG won't join, I see it already. I think Jug is going to be a puss also and say no.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-08-2014, 05:44 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we are seriously not going to draft any NFC East players lol? what about just not playing them when they play the giants?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the supplemental draft is this week and I know this normally is a non issue for us.

What is interesting is that we were one of 9 teams at the workout of former SMU RB Traylon Shead (6-2, 240).

any thoughts?
Big_Pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking at the depth of our team and there are a few areas we could improve. I have been looking at various options to upgrade positions, either through trades or possible team cuts.

One option that could be interesting is Miami DE Dion Jordan.
Miami were reportedly shopping him earlier this offseason and he recently has been suspended for PED.

Our pass rush was pathetic last year and we are rolling the dice on JPP being healthy and Moore developing. I see Ayers and Kiwanuka being solid at best in rushing the passer.

I looked at the profootballfocus ratings from last year of the four main DEs on the roster

Robert Ayers (514 snaps, 7.2 overall, 2.6 rush, -2.5 cov, 8.5 run, -1.4 pen) 4 sacks, 7 qb hits, 31 QB hurries, 23 tackles, 2 assists

Jason Pierre Paul (583 snaps, 1.2 overall, -3.8 rush, 0 cov, -1.4 pen) 2 sacks, 6 QB hits, 23 QB hurries. 18 tackles, 5 assists

Demontre Moore (136 snaps, -2.0 overall, -1.4 rush, coverage 0.0, run 0.9, pen -1.5) 0 sacks, 7 QB hits, 2 QB hurry, 5 tackles, 1 assist

Matthias Kiwanuka (892 snaps, -31.5 overall, -16.6 rush, 0 coverage, -13.2 run, -1.7 pen) 7 sacks, 14 hits, 22 hurries, 19 tackles, 9 assists

Not only did our best DE by far leave, we are hinging our season on JPP rebounding, the development of Moore and Kiwanuka being solid.

It is worth considering trading for Dion Jordan? Perhaps for something like James Brewer and a conditional 2015 pick?
He is out the first four games, but he could use that time to get him integrated into the team.

Jordan didn't have a great rookie season, but it was solid.

Dion Jordan (339 snaps, -0.4 overall, -0.6, rush, 2.0 coverage, -2.2 run, 0.4 pen) 2 sacks, 4 QB Hits, 18 QB hurries, 16 tackles and 3 assists

Jordan would have cap numbers of $1.34m (495k salary, 845k roster bonus) in 2014, 2.275m in 2015 and 3.21m in 2016. All without guaranteed money.

At the moment, I think our DE depth is very thin and any injury to either JPP or Moore would likely derail our pass rush. At the very least Jordan would give good depth and special teams.

He also gives some insurance with JPP off contract after the season.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

The other DE I like as a trade option (though likely would cost more) is Titan DE Derrick Morgan.

Morgan is a pure 4-3 DE and with the Titans moving to a 3-4 under Horton isn't a great fit. He isn't big enough to be a quality 5 tech DE and the Titans have plenty of OLBs with Ayers, Phillips, Wimbley and Gooden (plus plenty of talent inside)

Derrick Morgan (813 snaps, 8.7 overall, 13.4 rush, 1.0 coverage, -6.7 run, 1.0 pen) 7 sacks, 14 qb hit, 37 qb hurry, 25 tackles, 9 assists

Morgan would have cap numbers of $2.18m in 2014 and $1.685m in 2015
Old 07-08-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan really isn't a 4-3 DE, and I would be a little concerned about his run defense and because he gained a lot of weight, his overall effectiveness as far as agility, speed, fluidity.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Jordan really isn't a 4-3 DE, and I would be a little concerned about his run defense and because he gained a lot of weight, his overall effectiveness as far as agility, speed, fluidity.
I wouldn't say Jordan isn't a 4-3 DE, I think he could do well as a RDE. He is a little tall for an OLB imho. Like most speed rushers he needed to bulk and strength. I am not sure how big he is now, but it depends how he has worked out. I think he could play in the 260lb range without too much problem.

Having said that, I would prefer Morgan but not sure of what that would cost.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
we are seriously not going to draft any NFC East players lol? what about just not playing them when they play the giants?
Of course you can take NFC East players, you'll just be looked down upon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in, duh.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many do we have so far, that makes 9 right?
Old 07-09-2014, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
How many do we have so far, that makes 9 right?
Damix makes 10. I think we have some big names yet to respond also but if not we hit the minimum already!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2014, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damix makes 10. I think we have some big names yet to respond also but if not we hit the minimum already!
Let's make the upper limit 14. Ideally I want 12 bc I think there's a good balance of skill/luck with 12 team leagues.

We have time before we start the league. You're comissioner right? Are we doing espn, yahoo, or nfl?
Old 07-09-2014, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

12 would be perfect I agree.

I prefer Yahoo over ESPN but we can take a vote. We'll also have to discuss, scoring, waiver system, etc. I'll start a thread when we get a little closer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2014, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I prefer yahoo as well.

The leagues I've done in the past were 1 point ppr, 6 points for a TD, 4 points for qb TDs, 1 point for every 10 yards etc. I think that's pretty much the norm no?

1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE flex position, DEF, Kicker
Old 07-09-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never draft any rivals unless it's an absolute steal in my eyes. Sometimes it's bit me in the ass, but I just can't bring myself to root for an Eagle/Cowboy/Redskin to have a good game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I prefer yahoo as well.

The leagues I've done in the past were 1 point ppr, 6 points for a TD, 4 points for qb TDs, 1 point for every 10 yards etc. I think that's pretty much the norm no?

1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE flex position, DEF, Kicker
I agree with everything here except PPR. I haven't done a PPR league in a while and IMO it drastically changes how I draft. It also makes the games much higher scoring. If everyone else wants to do it I have no problem with it though.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

It used to bother me but now I draft rivals and it doesn't bother me anymore. We can't control the outcome of games, you might as well profit off of their success.

Especially for a money league.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Here is an interesting discussion point

This year's draft was deep and talented, looking around the NFL rosters and there is a lot of talent around.

There are going to be some good players available with these cuts.

Who do you think are potential cuts that would be good fits for the Giants to pick up?
Old 07-09-2014, 06:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yahoo sucks
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Here are a few players that could be interesting from other teams potential 53 man roster cuts

TE Joel Dreessen (Broncos)
TE Rob Housler (Cardinals)
LB Dontay Moch (Bengals)
LB Kevin Burnett (Raiders)
DE Brandon Graham (Eagles)
OL Jah Reid (Ravens)
Old 07-09-2014, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I was going to say that any TE's cut might be of interest but I think I'm happy rolling with what we got.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
I was going to say that any TE's cut might be of interest but I think I'm happy rolling with what we got.
we're drafting Tyler Kroft next year so it's cool
Quote:
Old 07-09-2014, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
we're drafting Tyler Kroft next year so it's cool
You make me happy. I'd take Carroo or Longa as well who both go 1st round when they come out. You heard it hear first.

sig by BoneKrusher