Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-17-2014, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Pugh to LT and Mosley to RT if Beatty poops the bed?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moseley needs to show he can even make the roster before we throw him at RT.

I'm just hoping Moseley can show us he can be our RG of the future, which honestly, I don't anticipate.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see the line shaking out as Beatty-Schwartz-Walton-Jerry-Pugh for the first game this year. Who knows midseason.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm not concerned about Center. If Walton has some left in the tank, it's a good problem to have bc we can move Richburg to G if need be. Gives us more versatility and depth.

I'm just worried about LT. We have in my opinion a terrible starter and no real backup plans to him. That's why Zac Martin might have been the smarter draft pick, he could have been our future RG when Snee retires this year, and if need be he could play LT in case Beatty sucks. It just would have given us a lot more stability along the OL.

I like Beckham but I still feel like we left better players on the board when we picked him. I hope I'm wrong.
I think the front office really like Mosley, Jerry or Richburg at RG if Snee can't go.

If Beatty doesn't pan out at LT (and I think he could rebound), we have Brown and Brewer as solid options or we can move Pugh to LT. We have Mosley, Jerry and Schwartz who can play RT if needed.

I like the depth we have and the offensive line has been the strength of our team. I think we have the guys to get the job done.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=bigbluedefense;3691265]It's going to take 8 weeks. First 8 weeks won't be too great, there will be an adjustment period for sure.
/QUOTE]

Well we have to see. It's going to be a change, but not a difficult one for the WRs. Everything is easier than the previous system. It comes down to Eli. They say he is a very smart QB. Well, now we have to see. If he can process the system, I expect a bigger turnaround.

However, let's see we started in a WCO system and Gilbride was our OC now. And we had to adjust to that system... I would agree. In fact, it would be a HUGE shock for our WRs going from a WCO system to the system we previously ran now. I shutter to think of that adjustment process as it plays out on TV.

I am anxious, and optimistic. If we failed or had a hard time adjusting I'd be shocked and a little unnerved by it.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=NY+Giants=NYG;3691851]
Quote:
It's going to take 8 weeks. First 8 weeks won't be too great, there will be an adjustment period for sure.
/QUOTE]

Well we have to see. It's going to be a change, but not a difficult one for the WRs. Everything is easier than the previous system. It comes down to Eli. They say he is a very smart QB. Well, now we have to see. If he can process the system, I expect a bigger turnaround.

However, let's see we started in a WCO system and Gilbride was our OC now. And we had to adjust to that system... I would agree. In fact, it would be a HUGE shock for our WRs going from a WCO system to the system we previously ran now. I shutter to think of that adjustment process as it plays out on TV.

I am anxious, and optimistic. If we failed or had a hard time adjusting I'd be shocked and a little unnerved by it.
I think the adjustment will be ok. there will be some bumps along the way initially but it should settle down. I think the learning curve will be easier for WRs and TE but should be ok for Eli as well, he can go through his progressions quickly and the targets will be open or not. he doesn't need to read what he thinks the WR will do.

The running game should rebound as well.

Don't be surprised if Eli has a career year.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My expectations for Eli is a career year if the OL can hold up and he stays healthy. If the OL doesn't hold up then who knows.

I think the fate of our team this year rests on our LT situation, our DEs/pass rush, and our linebackers.

We have to win the division to make the playoffs. The West and North are too talented for us to think we can get a wildcard birth this year. The East will only have 1 team in the playoffs and it's the division winner. Gotta win the division.

I think the Cowboys are pretty terrible and the Skins are the Skins, so it's really Philly that scares me. I say that almost every year though.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed about winning the division.

Did anyone catch the gem from Thumper about Eli?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-18-2014, 09:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What did that turd say now?
Old 07-18-2014, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
What did that turd say now?
From the NFC East QB thread.

Quote:
4. Eli Manning - This is by far the least talented QB in this division. I think he will never win more than 7 games ever again in the remainder of his career as the Giants will probably go 3-13 or 4-12 next season and then Coughlin will be fired or walk away, and Eli will have to deal with rebuilding teams for the rest of his career.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-18-2014, 09:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

His bitterness is so great. I love it.

He's like an ex girlfriend who can't stand the fact that you moved on completely and upgraded significantly from her.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Whenever he makes a prediction like that we do well so I'm happy. 2 more days and camp opens!! Happy and say about that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-18-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I just have one simple request for the team throughout camp and the PS: pls pls pls no one get hurt.

That's all I ask for.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Would certainly be nice.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-18-2014, 06:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still would like to take a look at Eric Winston. We still really have no idea what we have on the line, at every position. I feel like the consensus has been that Pugh is our best lineman, but are we sure? Winston has experience in ZBS and success has followed him in the run game everywhere he's gone (Houston, Kansas City, and Arizona). Don't think he could play LT as well as either of our current starters but would be a great swing tackle and insurance if either tackle sucks we can plug the less sucky one at LT and winston at RT

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Winston is a decent option if he is cheap.

The other OL I would like to kick the tyres at trade options for 49ers RG Alex Boone.who is holding out with SF.

I am really unsure about Snee
Old 07-19-2014, 10:16 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just have one simple request for the team throughout camp and the PS: pls pls pls no one get hurt.

That's all I ask for.
this is why the extra pre-season game terrifies me. This team has such a terrible history with pre-season injuries lately. I just want to make it to the regular season without anyone going down.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
From the NFC East QB thread.
Quote:
4. Eli Manning - This is by far the least talented QB in this division. I think he will never win more than 7 games ever again in the remainder of his career as the Giants will probably go 3-13 or 4-12 next season and then Coughlin will be fired or walk away, and Eli will have to deal with rebuilding teams for the rest of his career.
Well considering thecoaching staff and Eli are on 2 year deals. So.. if Thumper is right, then we don't extend either and we really turn the page.

One step further, we can tear it all down like I said since most of the two is on a 2 or 3 year deal. So we can really have massive changes if need be.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Winston is a decent option if he is cheap.

The other OL I would like to kick the tyres at trade options for 49ers RG Alex Boone.who is holding out with SF.

I am really unsure about Snee
no way I am giving up a likely 2nd round pick and a major deal when there are cheaper options with similar skill.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
no way I am giving up a likely 2nd round pick and a major deal when there are cheaper options with similar skill.
2nd round pick? I am thinking day 3 pick.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
this is why the extra pre-season game terrifies me. This team has such a terrible history with pre-season injuries lately. I just want to make it to the regular season without anyone going down.
I am going the other way actually, I think the extra preseason game will be good for us.

We have a lot of change and plenty of depth and competition at most positions.
Lets see what our guys can do in game situations, particularly our depth guys who will be fighting for roster spots.

It gives our offense a little more time to get embedded, our offensive line a little more time to gel.

There are limits to the amount of contact we can do in training camp, another game to let our guys get work in in a game situation will help.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

rumor mill.. it would seem Snee may retire tomorrow.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=498110

Also, read somewhere something about this earlier in the week. So who knows if he fails the physical perhaps he retires.

NY Giants Rumors: Training Camp Opens Next Week As Chris Snee Out For 2014 Season For Eli Manning Offense?

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...ng-offense.htm

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 07-20-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
rumor mill.. it would seem Snee may retire tomorrow.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=498110

Also, read somewhere something about this earlier in the week. So who knows if he fails the physical perhaps he retires.

NY Giants Rumors: Training Camp Opens Next Week As Chris Snee Out For 2014 Season For Eli Manning Offense?

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...ng-offense.htm
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Snee retires. I think his hip is fine, but his elbow seems problematic.

If he is healthy and can be even 80% of the player he used to be he has value.

If he does retire, I wouldn't mind Snee being brought in to help coach the Oline.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN NY confirming it, Snee will retire.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:28 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we gotta bring in another OL now, right? Might as well look into Eric Winston, can't think of any other free agent OL worth a damn off the top of my head

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote