Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-12-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defense is to blame for that loss by the way Scotty. I saw you say something otherwise in that other thread. Don't get me wrong the offense was by no means any good but the defense is to blame.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The defense is to blame for that loss by the way Scotty. I saw you say something otherwise in that other thread. Don't get me wrong the offense was by no means any good but the defense is to blame.

Well, I think that everyone deserves some blame for that loss. The Offense did not click at all, and we abandoned the run way too early. Defensively, the problems have already been stated. And let's not forget that the special teams did not look good either, with the big missed FG that could have given us some momentum, as well as some poor returns and missed tackles on the redskins' returns.

Mix that up with 8 penalties and poor coaching gameplans on both sides, and you have the blueprint for losing against another NFL team.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree with you on that one Zak. The D only gave up 21 points and was on the field for so so so so much of that game. The offense couldn't move the ball one bit and give them a breather. This and the injuries killed them. Justin Trattou was getting significant snaps in the 2nd half because he was our 3rd DE and Tolly and JPP were getting exhausted.

The D isn't fully off the hook, the zone coverages, the rookie LB play, Rolle, and the coverages in general were just awful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could also really kill Gilbride. They showed a shot of him once and I really wanted to throw something at the TV. I think it was after Mario ran a wrong route too.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I disagree with you on that one Zak. The D only gave up 21 points and was on the field for so so so so much of that game. The offense couldn't move the ball one bit and give them a breather. This and the injuries killed them. Justin Trattou was getting significant snaps in the 2nd half because he was our 3rd DE and Tolly and JPP were getting exhausted.

The D isn't fully off the hook, the zone coverages, the rookie LB play, Rolle, and the coverages in general were just awful
I've never seen such pathetic coverage in my life even in a zone defense. It looked like we had 5 CC Brown's out there. The whole secondary was just atrocious. Even when Phillips made that good play on Armstrong on the sideline knocking the ball out it was his fault in the first place for hhim being so wide open. He was late getting over. JPP and Joseph were probabaly the only 2 who played well. Boley was decent and Jones was missing which isn't a surprise. I blame Fewell the most for not bringing pressure and making everyone play off the line but even then the coverage was basically some of the worst I've ever seen.

The offense wasn't good overall due to crappy O-Line play but they still made plays when we needed them. I actually thought Eli played good. He was very smart with the football and only took chances when a guy was open. We did get away from the run way to quickly even though we were moving the ball at will on them early in that department for which Gilbride is to blame. How come we don't have any dual RB packages with both Bradshaw and Jacobs in the backfield by the way?

Plenty of thoughts are jumping in and out of my head though so I'll probabaly just ramble all day.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
The Redskins will win this game and Grossman will be shockingly efficient.
*Rubs crystal ball with smirk on face*
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Does this bother anyone else?:

Quote:
The Giants asked Mathias Kiwanuka if he wanted to play more defensive end on Sunday with Justin Tuck out. Kiwanuka, though, deferred, insisting instead that Dave Tollefson deserved the time.

"They approached me about it and there was some consideration given to it but what I was saying was that a guy like Dave Tollefson, who hasn’t gotten a lot of attention and hasn’t been in the spotlight a lot, [deserved to play]. You watch his play and there isn’t any dropoff from our first to our second, when JPP and Dave Tollefson are on the field," Kiwanuka said.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh, not really. It's just Kiwi saying that if he's going to be starting games with his hand up he'd like to stay there and focus on that instead of continuing to flip flop between linebacker and lineman. Plus it's the first game of a season where Osi is out at the moment with a contract dispute and Tuck is out to but should be back, so if Kiwi did play DE last game it'd just be a temporary thing. Kiwi's a smart guy and a has worked really hard for this team, so it wouldn't surprise me if he also genuinely thought Tolly deserved the extra time.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
*Rubs crystal ball with smirk on face*
Gotta hand it to you, you were the only person to have predicted that Tuck would be out for this game which really hurt our pass rush...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well I thought Tuck would be out also but regardless I don't know why you bother with that fool.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Gotta hand it to you, you were the only person to have predicted that Tuck would be out for this game which really hurt our pass rush...
Even with Tuck in there, the Redskins win and Grossman looks efficient.

The Giants' secondary sucks and will suck for probably the entire season, and Eli willl subsequently look poor for the entire season as well.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even with Tuck in there, the Redskins win and Grossman looks efficient.

The Giants' secondary sucks and will suck for probably the entire season, and Eli willl subsequently look poor for the entire season as well.
The secondary will improve a bit when Prince returns.

And he may look poor, but I refuse to fault him. On 3rd downs, we don't have a go to guy. Nicks gets doubled, Manningham just runs a go route, nobody bothers with Ballard, and everyone else drops the ball or can't get open. And because of that, we just run screens and draws to Bradshaw and Ware. Super dooper efficient. But then again, the Eli haters knew that all offseason and have been licking their chops.

Eli gets some blame as he didn't look sharp, but a very, very small piece of it
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
and as being the biggest Tolly supporter on this board...and maybe in the world outside of his family members and friends, I'm perfeectly ok with this.

Plus, Kiwi probably didn't want us throwing in 2 rookie LB knowing that with him there and Tolly at DE we were better off than Kiwi at DE and 2 rooks at LB...and maybe he's like **** it, let me just stay at LB and have a true position for once dammit hah
Quote:
Old 09-12-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't know maybe he should have made the switch back because I couldn't even tell he was playing yesterday besides a play or two.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

actually come to think of it, I don't remember hearing Kiwi's name much at all yesterday. I don't think he even made much of an impact. Wasn't really watching him
Quote:
Old 09-12-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
actually come to think of it, I don't remember hearing Kiwi's name much at all yesterday. I don't think he even made much of an impact. Wasn't really watching him
That was my point haha. He was terrible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
That was my point haha. He was terrible.
haha I just re-read your post. totally mis-read it at first. yeah, he wasnt an impact at all yesterday.
and anyone else worried that, like Kiwi, we haven't heard from BBD yet? I'm getting a little nervous
Quote:
Old 09-12-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, long story short, we have a bad coaching staff. Fewell is doing what I thought he'd do. Instead of trusting his guys, he's running soft zones bc of our injuries. He's a bad coordinator. I hate Cover 2, and he's a Cover 2 coordinator. He's not great at drawing up blitzes either.

And Eli is to blame too, enough already. Yeah he has no weapons this year outside of Nicks, but he also refuses to even look at the other guys. It's like he doesn't trust them at all and instead just stares down Nicks and Mario the whole game. He's had a bad camp, a bad preseason, and now a bad regular season. He deserves to get criticized.

I think we can still salvage this. The oline clearly needs time to gel. Both in pass pro and the run game. But we desperately need another passing threat to emerge. Right now it's looking like we'll have a horrible passing attack all season. I've been trying to warn you guys about it all offseason, now maybe you'll see what I'm saying.

Defensively, we'll be ok. This wasn't the defenses fault. They were on the field all game. And injured, and they still made plays when they needed to. The offense couldn't do anything.

As long as Fewell gets his head out of his ass and runs more man, we'll be ok.

Even then, the WRs didn't kill us. The TE did. Bc we ran Cover 2, Cover 3, and Quarters all game.

Offensively, the run game will improve with time. But if we don't find another pass catcher and soon, we're in for a long season. St. Louis is a must win, bc Philly is smoking us.

Hopefully this was a wake up. I called it, I was worried about our approach to this game. We treated it like we can just walk in there and win. We definitely took them for granted and they stuck it to them all game long. The Redskins dominated that game, they deserved to win.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I feel like he hasn't been posting as much lately so I'm sure he'll chime in sooner rather than later.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meanwhile, Steve Smith is shoving his balls in my mouth.

Thanks a lot Giants medical staff. You all can go F yourselves.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I feel like he hasn't been posting as much lately so I'm sure he'll chime in sooner rather than later.
Haha, busy at work. I'll be around.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Meanwhile, Steve Smith is shoving his balls in my mouth.

Thanks a lot Giants medical staff. You all can go F yourselves.
Do the Giants and Mets have the same medical staff? Our sideline doctor is like 90. Is he really the guy that wears a tweed jacket and old grandpa hat?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I actually thought Eli played really smart yesterday. He took his chances when he had to. From our TV view I couldn't tell if guys were open and he wasn't looking their way but from what I saw I actually thought he played well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Do the Giants and Mets have the same medical staff? Our sideline doctor is like 90. Is he really the guy that wears a tweed jacket and old grandpa hat?
Yes they actually do. Hospital for Special Surgery. I'm starting to think it's not a coincidence even though it's considered one of the better hospitals in the country.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Training staff and medical staff needs to get replaced.

It's not a coincidence anymore.