Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-01-2014, 10:37 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
But then you had Nicks, Cruz, Smith, Hixon and others that got it right away. It's such a weird thing looking back.

Yeah but out of those who mastered it. I still think it was Steve Smith. Nicks made mistakes as did the others. Cruz a few but not a lot. But we still had WR go one way and ball go another.

They got the system, but how much better would they be in this new system? Sometimes I wonder if drafting players who don't fit your system is a waste of a pick, but also is unfair to the player. Moss faded away, but who knows, in this system could have carved a niche in the NFL.

Like the 9ers drafting Alex Smith, but have 7 OCs and systems in 7 years. It's stupid to ruin a players career like that. Another one is draft a DE like Kiwi and then play musical positions. I wonder how he would have done at DE from day 1 without a change.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair, I think Smith benefited from the system. The system was built for guys like him who knew how to find holes in coverage and get open.

I'm actually curious to see how Cruz does in this new system bc I think the system helped him as well. The system was great for slot receivers who had a brain on em.

It sucked for everyone else but the slot WR should have loved it. Jernigan and Moss were just dumbasses, and Moss just plain sucked so there's that.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
To be fair, I think Smith benefited from the system. The system was built for guys like him who knew how to find holes in coverage and get open.

I'm actually curious to see how Cruz does in this new system bc I think the system helped him as well. The system was great for slot receivers who had a brain on em.

It sucked for everyone else but the slot WR should have loved it. Jernigan and Moss were just dumbasses, and Moss just plain sucked so there's that.
I think he'll still be awesome but I don't expect as many crazy big plays.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Yeah and we can see if Cruz can excel in this one or not too. The system helped slot WRs I agree. But Smith was a WR who never really made mistakes. I have seen Cruz make a few and still remember them. The others were really streaky. This goes for TEs too. Shockey, Myers, and in MB. We had this with Plax and Toomer early on too.

Moss sucked in our system. I wonder who he would do just running screens, and slants. That's basically what this system is.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he'll still be awesome but I don't expect as many crazy big plays.
Same here. He was so good at making adjustments downfield, and now he'll no longer have that option (I think, I still have to learn this new offense).

The option route offense is so different than a WCO in the sense that you use different techniques to get open. "Route running" takes on a different concept.

For example, being a good route runner in Gilbride's offense requires patience and the ability to find holes and sit in them etc. The ability to use momentum and the defender's coverage techniques/leverage against him to get open and also to identify holes in coverage.

In a WCO, you run your route. So the key to being a good route runner is being precise in the depth of your stem, the precision of your cut, the angle of your cut, and using jukes/head movements/hand usage etc to get your defending moving in a different direction than your route.

It gives you less wiggle room to operate. So you have to pay attention to details more in the precision of your actual route. Which isn't easy either.

NYG can probably elaborate on this more than I can.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanu would have been so amazing in the old system.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2014, 02:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I am curious to see how Barden would do. This Harris WR looks to be shining. Perhaps he makes the squad. I like rooting for the underdog.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/20...training-camp/

Marcus Harris I believe is his name.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Thanks NYG. Actually haven't heard of him since now. I guess I'm not as crazy following this stuff as I was in the past.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

It's bc we realize now that so few of those fringe guys ever make any impact on the team when the season starts, it's just not worth investing energy and time into finding out about them.

Every now and then you find a gem. And it's great when you do. But most will amount to nothing unfortunately.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That could certainly be it also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2014, 06:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

This guy has been making plays left and right. So that's why I been following him. I think now we could use any WR.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:02 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys! Guys! Guys! Guys! There's giants football on tonight! It's here!!! I mean yeah it's only preseason but it's 1 step close to the real thing. I'm giddy

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is an opportunity for a lot of guys.

here are good articles on the preview for this game.

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/20...-game-preview/

http://insidefootball.com/2014/08/03...ore-8261<br />

Last edited by Big_Pete : 08-03-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Want to see Moore, Hankins, and the rooks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Want to see Moore, Hankins, and the rooks.
I am adding in Nassib, Mosley, Donnell, Harris, Taylor as well

I want to see how the offensive line in general shapes up
Old 08-03-2014, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I am adding in Nassib, Mosley, Donnell, Harris, Taylor as well

I want to see how the offensive line in general shapes up
I'll agree about Nassib and the OL. Richburg especially.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2014, 07:46 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna see how we use Rodgers-Cromartie

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I wanna see how we use Rodgers-Cromartie
I don't think we're going to find that out tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2014, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Andre Williams super impressive. Whoa.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I am only seeing the stats, how is the Oline going? I know they gave up a sack but the ground game looks decent
Old 08-03-2014, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Andre Williams super impressive. Whoa.
I am not surprised, this guy can run the ball.

At BC everyone knew he was getting the ball and he still performed.

I want to see his hands and his pass blocking
Old 08-03-2014, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I am only seeing the stats, how is the Oline going? I know they gave up a sack but the ground game looks decent
OL looks awful.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2014, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
OL looks awful.
ok I guess there are new combinations to settle in. The Bills have a decent D too
Old 08-03-2014, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hosley sucks. Good bye.

sig by BoneKrusher