Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-11-2014, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

I hate to keep harping on it and at this point I'm just stating the obvious but we have a real ugly situation at TE. Donnell is the only one worth a roster spot. We need a starter.

Washington is earning his keep.

Bromley has been impressing me. I admit I was a hater at first but so far he's showed up.

The LBs are a tad slow which concerns me but they play smart. When Beason returns i think the backers will actually carry their weight this season.

The oline is still such a work in progress. I want to see Jerry in the starting lineup before we go and trade a 3rd rounder for Boone tho.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
I hate to keep harping on it and at this point I'm just stating the obvious but we have a real ugly situation at TE. Donnell is the only one worth a roster spot. We need a starter.

Washington is earning his keep.

Bromley has been impressing me. I admit I was a hater at first but so far he's showed up.

The LBs are a tad slow which concerns me but they play smart. When Beason returns i think the backers will actually carry their weight this season.

The oline is still such a work in progress. I want to see Jerry in the starting lineup before we go and trade a 3rd rounder for Boone tho.
I think TE is a real problem, particularly with how much we use it. I think we will be paying close attention to other teams cuts.

I think the main issue with the oline is reps and developing a cohesive unit
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I think we go Brown still K, also Adrien Robinson over keeping 2 FB. I agree with it mostly though
I don't think Adrien Robinson has shown enough to be honest. In fact I see our TEs as a real problem.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

The Chiefs seem to willing to shop one of their TEs for trade

http://nfltraderumors.co/chiefs-coul...-roster-to-53/

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/0...or-draft-pick/

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2014/08/1...block/#!bBXiln
Old 08-11-2014, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they don't like what they have but they might be waiting on the releases.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I would still ideally like us to trade for TE Jermaine Gresham

Sure he is coming back from a sports hernia, but he is cleared to practice and would be a huge upgrade.

The Bengals have Tyler Eifert and signed Alex Smith and would save the fiscally tight Bengals $3.4m in cap room (which they could use to extend Vontaze Burfict)

It would give us basically a 1 year $3.4m deal and would probably cost around a 5th round pick.

Quote:
Tight End Jermaine Gresham for Mid-Round Pick

With Andrew Quarless and Jermichael Finley being free agents, there is definitely a need for some talent infusion at the tight end position. Even if the Packers decide to re-sign either Quarless or Finley, you could still argue that there needs to be more talent.

A player like Jermaine Gresham from the Cincinnati Bengals would instantly improve the position and allow the Packers to pass on re-signing Quarless and Finley. Gresham saw his numbers take a major hit last year due to the Bengals drafting tight end Tyler Eifert in the first round of last year's draft.

That doesn't mean that Gresham isn't still talented, because he absolutely is. Sure, he's struggled with his consistency at times, but he only had three dropped passes last year and a 75.7 percent catch rate, according to Pro Football Focus (subscription required).

Trading for Gresham would basically keep the Packers from drafting a mid-round prospect and developing him for a year or two. With this year's tight end class not looking extremely deep, this trade would make the Packers better offensively right away.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...this-offseason
Old 08-11-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think they don't like what they have but they might be waiting on the releases.
I suspect you are right with plans to scour the cuts for TEs.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No chance we keep two FBs. Conner isn't good. I think we keep just Hynoski and when he inevitably gets hurt, I think we go with no FB at that point.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do you say Conner isn't good? He is excellent in the run game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-12-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Why do you say Conner isn't good? He is excellent in the run game.
I don't think he is nearly as good as Hynoski in the run game. I also think people like him cause of the catchy nickname and usual Rex Ryan hype form when he was with the Jets.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:03 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hynoski is more versatile, our offense isn't predicated enough on FB's to warrant carrying two as much as you would wish we could.

I didn't get to see much of the pittsburgh game, how did the secondary do?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't think he is nearly as good as Hynoski in the run game. I also think people like him cause of the catchy nickname and usual Rex Ryan hype form when he was with the Jets.
I like Hynoski's nickname better so no there. I couldn't give a crap what Ryan said in the past so no there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-12-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Washington and Harris. I think both could round out this WR corps. I want to see Connor make it. I wonder if we keep 2 FBs, and utilize them in shortyardage like we have been with Connor to get the 1st down.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's Conner everyone.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 08-12-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
No chance we keep two FBs. Conner isn't good. I think we keep just Hynoski and when he inevitably gets hurt, I think we go with no FB at that point.
I would agree with you if we have decent TEs, but we don't....
Old 08-12-2014, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I like Washington and Harris. I think both could round out this WR corps. I want to see Connor make it. I wonder if we keep 2 FBs, and utilize them in shortyardage like we have been with Connor to get the 1st down.
I personally think we could keep both FBs in lieu of a fourth RB.

I could easily see us using a FB in single back pass protection and both FBs are versatile enough to get some value in the ground game and as an outlet receiver.

I also think it helps with our ground game. With two good FBs we can rotate them to keep them healthy and with our oline still shaky, quality FB blocking can be a big help.

Special teams is a plus too.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I personally think we could keep both FBs in lieu of a fourth RB.

I could easily see us using a FB in single back pass protection and both FBs are versatile enough to get some value in the ground game and as an outlet receiver.

I also think it helps with our ground game. With two good FBs we can rotate them to keep them healthy and with our oline still shaky, quality FB blocking can be a big help.

Special teams is a plus too.
The way our RBs go down, I am weary of that. If that's the case we may either not keep 3 qbs, or maybe not carry a lot of TEs. Somewhere we may have to skimp at another position to carry 2 FBs.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

BBI did a game review of the Giants-Steelers

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/20...august-9-2014/

I am curious as to your thoughts
Old 08-13-2014, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
BBI did a game review of the Giants-Steelers

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/20...august-9-2014/

I am curious as to your thoughts
Connor Hughes sucks.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Connor Hughes sucks.
Fair enough :)
Old 08-14-2014, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

for what it is worth here is an article on the Tight End market from an NYG point of view

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/8/14...er-tony-moeaki
Old 08-14-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

There is still talk of NYG interest in trading for Alex Boone.

Interestingly Boone worked out with Lecharles Bentley, where both Schwartz and Richburg have trained

http://grantland.com/features/lechar...ex_cid=espnsoc
Old 08-14-2014, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Quote:
There is still talk of NYG interest in trading for Alex Boone.

Interestingly Boone worked out with Lecharles Bentley, where both Schwartz and Richburg have trained

http://grantland.com/features/lechar...ex_cid=espnsoc
That was a good article. Thanks for that.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That was a good article. Thanks for that.
glad you enjoyed it, I found it interesting myself
Old 08-14-2014, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I am curious to see how Beatty goes in the Indianapolis game.

He could be the key to a solid offensive line. Hopefully he can rebound to his 2012 form.

I like how we have been easing him back into things, but he seems to have done ok in practice.

I want to see how he goes in the new blocking schemes, which I think are a good fit for his athleticism.