Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yup...

At least you guys looked good out there vs a great team. We looked like ass vs the Redskins.

The Redskins. I know they won't suck that bad this year, but they still aren't a good team.

Plus we have an all star team on the IR roster right now.
Eli is a smart QB... from what I saw, your OL wasn't doing him any favors.

You think your team will go WR high again? Nicks is a recent 1st rounder and Jernigan was a 3rd this year. I'm thankful you guys didn't bring back Plax. I think a veteran WR is more of the way to go than the draft... though I say that thinking I hope to hell you don't draft a guy like Sano. :)

As for TE, I think Beckum is finally ready to break out. Though strictly as a receiving threat. He's kind of a hybrid TE/WR. A real weapon if you can use him right.

Personally, I think it's time you guys go RB and continue to look at high caliber Tackles. I thought Will Beatty was a good pick at the time, but he's been looking pretty iffy.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Beckum will never break out, especially for us. He needs to be cut.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Beckum sucks. Hard.

Beatty is ok. It was actually Diehl, Baas and McKenzie who struggled. I chalk Diehl and Baas's struggles to chemistry. McKenzie is just old. His time is probably up.

We need playmakers. I wanted us to get Sproles in the offseason bc I felt he'd be an instant upgrade to our STs plus a nice insurance to Bradshaw. So far he's looking like a great investment by NO.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like when we get athletes on this team we don't know how to use them properly. Someone like Sproles would be useless this team. Coughlin and staff are way to old school to properly use the "newer" breed of player.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad but true.

God forbid we'd use the TE position. Every qb's safety valve. Except ours.

And a RB who can catch? Who needs that?
Old 09-12-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even if we have an average season, we could easily grab Sanu at around 20 I'd say. I really believe that. and that, my friends, would be simply orgasmic. No matter what smelly forenci says.

and I was thinking this today while I sat in traffic on the stupid LX bus (BBD and Zak should know what i'm talking about). I love Coughlin, always have been a TC supporter but I think this team needs a change. Just because I feel it's getting...for lack of a better word, stale. I feel like we need a guy who will get our team riled up and get us to "punch them in the mouth" football. Not pompous ass Rex Ryan style, but a little more energy and motivation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Classes 8am taking the bus from Busch to Douglas was always a huge kick in the balls.

Especially when you go to bed at like 3am at earliest as a college student.

I miss those days. Nowadays I'm up at 530 in the morning, go to work, go to school after work, go the gym, go to bed, then get up and go to work again.

I didn't understand how great I had it in college until it was too late. I should have enjoyed it more than I did.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I've been trying to think of coaching candidates, but I just can't think of any.

The Giants historically have went after known commodities at HC opposed to young up and comers, so I think we can throw a lot of names out the window based on that.

Plus the known commodities don't impress me. Do we really want Cowher? I don't want a 3-4 defense, not with the talent we have on our roster being strictly 4-3 talent up front, and Cowher's teams choke in the playoffs. He was Marty 2.0 until the refs giftwrapped him a SB.

The only name I can think of that fits the bill is Mike Zimmer. Parcells disciple, he's a tough guy, he's an aggressive 4-3 DC who plays a lot of man coverage, and he'll probably be less of a micromanager on offense.

The problem with him is, I've viewed Zimmer as a good DC, but not a great one. To be fair, he's never had the kind of talent we have on defense.

I don't know, it's tough.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I've been trying to think of coaching candidates, but I just can't think of any.

The Giants historically have went after known commodities at HC opposed to young up and comers, so I think we can throw a lot of names out the window based on that.

Plus the known commodities don't impress me. Do we really want Cowher? I don't want a 3-4 defense, not with the talent we have on our roster being strictly 4-3 talent up front, and Cowher's teams choke in the playoffs. He was Marty 2.0 until the refs giftwrapped him a SB.

The only name I can think of that fits the bill is Mike Zimmer. Parcells disciple, he's a tough guy, he's an aggressive 4-3 DC who plays a lot of man coverage, and he'll probably be less of a micromanager on offense.

The problem with him is, I've viewed Zimmer as a good DC, but not a great one. To be fair, he's never had the kind of talent we have on defense.

I don't know, it's tough.
Spags or Beli *prays*

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Unless we want to give Greg Williams a chance. Williams is a great DC, but I don't know if he's a great HC.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jessie. Armstead.

actually, Jessie would be more helpful on the field for us at this point instead of being our HC haha
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Spags or Beli *prays*
I was crushed when Fox didn't take the year off and signed with Denver. I was really hoping he'd come back home and be our next HC.

I don't want Jeff Fischer either. Although I do like Fischer's style. He's just too average of a coach though.

But then again, I thought the same thing of Coughlin before we hired him. Fisch would bring a 4-3 defense, a nasty tough attitude, and an aggressive mentality defensively.

Plus he'd run the rock. Maybe Fischer is our guy.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Spags or Beli *prays*
Those would be my 2 but it would never happen. I think part of Belichick would love to come back here and win a SB though.

Also, I used to have to take the bus from Livingston to Douglass at 9 AM my Fr year for a math class which was absolute death.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I just realized Reese is a Tennessee native and also coached for UT.

Possible link?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I like Mike Pettine, the Jets DC, but I know I'm the only one who does.

If he can bring the Rex Ryan scheme to the Giants, I'd LOVE that. Rex runs the perfect style of defense for our talent.

And the Jets aren't a true 3-4 either, they run a lot of 4 man lines. He could easily adjust to running a 4-3.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No, this is not allowed. Sorry.

I came here wondering who felt worse about yesterdays losses... Giants fans or Cowboys fans... Still don't know. But doesn't it suck?
Not sure... revamped OL

10 people on IR

No Tuck
No Osi
No first round pick

Inactive 3 and 4 round pick.. So basically our whole early part of the draft didn't play! LOL. 1 rounder foot, 2nd round IR, 3rd and 4th I think inactive, and basically Greg Jones played.

And our Wr Nicks is a beast! Flat out beast!

Our system on offense I am not a fan of, and funny how QBs like Ryan F. can throw for 4 TDs in that system, yet our system, Eli threw for 0 TDs. But he did run for 1!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
even if we have an average season, we could easily grab Sanu at around 20 I'd say. I really believe that. and that, my friends, would be simply orgasmic. No matter what smelly forenci says.

and I was thinking this today while I sat in traffic on the stupid LX bus (BBD and Zak should know what i'm talking about). I love Coughlin, always have been a TC supporter but I think this team needs a change. Just because I feel it's getting...for lack of a better word, stale. I feel like we need a guy who will get our team riled up and get us to "punch them in the mouth" football. Not pompous ass Rex Ryan style, but a little more energy and motivation.
I love Sanu you fool!

But if we're going to suck I'd rather we try to get in the top 15 and get Blackmon. He is so damn sexy.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD,

I want offensive draft! No more defense! Unless again, someone falls to us, but we need a big time offense boast! No more project cases. Let's get some weapons and re-load this thing.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Round 1: Sanu
Round 2: Tight End
Rounds 3-7: More Rutgers players
Quote:
Old 09-12-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Sanu is fine, but get me more offensive players.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly. I'd love a stud LB if one's there for us. Von Miller would've been absolutely perfect for us had we been in position to draft and I don't know if that type of stud will be available for us this year, but if we got a shot at a guy like that I'd pull the trigger. I know our O could be more deadly with more weapons, but an absolute stud LB to pair with Boley would give us defense with top 3 talent, no weaknesses to exploit, the ability to take over games and an identity that no matter what happens offensively we'll have a chance to win every game.

Now after that I'd be all for spending second round pick on a weapon or even a first rounder if there's no stud LB or can't pass on faller to be had. Our O still has a lot of learning to do, the OL needs to gel and will need some more time next year when Petrus steps in and Diehl moves again to RT, our WRs need to keep growing and so I'm not willing to say the sky is falling offensively yet. McKenzie might be rusty from the short offseason, the young receivers clearly suffer from a lack of reps with Eli in this offense, Beatty will get better, Diehl will get used to playing guard again and Baas will get acclimated. In time our O can still be good with the piece on hand, even if Barden doesn't come back and play as well as he has the potential to play.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 09-13-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Our defensive picks are all made of glass it would seem. I'd rather pass on the stud LB and develop the group we have. We need offensive weapons ASAP. For once, I'd like to see us draft offensive players next year. Granted if BPA dictates defense then fine, but I want more toys on offense. It pretty much was the Eli and Nicks show on sunday.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Our defensive picks are all made of glass it would seem. I'd rather pass on the stud LB and develop the group we have. We need offensive weapons ASAP. For once, I'd like to see us draft offensive players next year. Granted if BPA dictates defense then fine, but I want more toys on offense. It pretty much was the Eli and Nicks show on sunday.
Relax Mike Martz. I think we are all aware of your desire for offensive draft picks.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
But the draft is a long time away. Once the OL gels we'll be running the ball a lot better and more often, with time Mario can get back to playing really well and we still don't know for sure that no one's going to step into the 3rd WR role and play well. Hell Barden could still come back and give us that high caliber troika of receivers. I'm not opposed to getting another weapon, but that doesn't mean I've already given up on the guys we do have after one game coming off of a shortened offseason.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-13-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Relax Mike Martz. I think we are all aware of your desire for offensive draft picks.
He and the Bears offense did a number on the Falcons. So not sure that would be a bad thing at this point.

I wouldn't mind defensive players if it wasn't every god damn year.

And when we do draft offensive players they are all inactive, lol. Where are we going to get production from this year's draft? It's almost as if we didn't have a draft this year.

1st rounder = out
2nd rounder IR
3rd rounder = inactive
4th rounder = Inactive
6th rounder = starting
6th rounder = special teams
6th rounder = special teams or inactive
7th rounder = inactive.

That's a pretty miserable return on investment early on.