Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-16-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
fewell is a fool then
see what I did there?

also, if he's still on the team by week 7, maybe I'll get a Stokley jersey
Why would you waste your money on a guy who will be here for maybe a year at most?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scottyboy,

Why on earth would you spend all that money on a Stokley jersey? He has been on 5 teams already, and not sure how long he will be on our team.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is JPP ready to bust out? Saw him a little during the game and he looked like a real physical presence. My understanding was he would probably be a little bit of a project and that it would take a lot of refining before he would be able to use his impressive tools to dominate consistently.

What's going to happen when both Osi and Tuck get back? Will he still start? I can't imagine your organization would want to invest any more in Osi when things have turned as sour as they've been. Is it JPP's time to shine? I'm scanning the WW for a stud DL on my fantasy team and its hard to ignore his line from last week.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
So is JPP ready to bust out? Saw him a little during the game and he looked like a real physical presence. My understanding was he would probably be a little bit of a project and that it would take a lot of refining before he would be able to use his impressive tools to dominate consistently.

What's going to happen when both Osi and Tuck get back? Will he still start? I can't imagine your organization would want to invest any more in Osi when things have turned as sour as they've been. Is it JPP's time to shine? I'm scanning the WW for a stud DL on my fantasy team and its hard to ignore his line from last week.
Yeah, JPP's done nothing but impress with his ability to impact the game despite his rawness since he was drafted. Kid's a beast and I think he'll keep starting opposite Tuck at least for the first few weeks Osi's back.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/vi...e-c34502a282e0

Bill B video about being with the Giants. Great stuff!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post

Yeah 2 sacks and FF in the first game of the season.. So very happy with that production. I think all giants fans are very interested in this pick AND with his potential. If all goes well he can be something special.

He was a raw player but people tend to forget if a raw DE is going to have a chance to learn and grow our team is the best. You have Tuck, Osi, Kiwi to learn from. Tuck and Osi learned from Strahan. So when it comes to DE and spotting talent, I think our franchise should be # 1 on that list.

Let's put it this way, when we draft a DE, other teams should worry because we tend to see talent for that position, I guess clearly. Our guys are productive and pro bowlers.

We will rotate the guys when they come back and in 3rd down situations the plan was 4 aces package..

Osi-Tuck-Kiwi-JPP or Osi-Canty-Tuck-JPP

Either way, there will be a lot of sick talent rushing and that's without the blitz being factored in. This is just 4 DL players coming your way.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/vi...e-c34502a282e0

Bill B video about being with the Giants. Great stuff!
Man, he's on the verge of crying multiple times in that video. Great stuff. It would be a dream scenario to have him as our HC at some point.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was kidding. kinda. It would be so awesome to have a giants stokley jersey. but only if i like, could get one for $5 haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I was kidding. kinda. It would be so awesome to have a giants stokley jersey. but only if i like, could get one for $5 haha.
Convert your old Shockey jersey into one. Only a few letter changes.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so pissed I don't get NFL Network and I can't watch the Belichick documentary.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I also love how Bill is rocking the Rutgers sweatshirt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm so pissed I don't get NFL Network and I can't watch the Belichick documentary.
When is it on?
Old 09-16-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
When is it on?
It was on last night. It was the highest rated non football game ever on the network.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It was on last night. It was the highest rated non football game ever on the network.
I'll have to DVR. I'm sure they will replay it a ton.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'll have to DVR. I'm sure they will replay it a ton.
That doesn't help me one bit.

I wonder if he would really come back here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only Giants fan who hates Bill B. then? I know he was great with us, but damn if he isn't the most annoying, douchiest (and not to mention a cheater) coach in the league. Can't stand him even the slightest.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Watch that video that NYG posted. Not one hint of douchyness.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, actions speak louder than words and his tenure with the Patriots has been riddled with douchiness.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well I disagree. He's a NFL Football coach so being a douche is probably a good thing. I think the cheating thing was also way overblown.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-17-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

It's only cheating if you get caught. It's kind of like baseball. Are only the people who got caught doing steroids, the only ones who did it? Of course not. I feel like Bill isn't the only one who did that stuff.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 09-17-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Just reading the BBI reactions to drafting JPP. Now that's a funny read. I can't believe how many people hated the pick, including myself. lol. Some of the reactions were funny though!
Old 09-17-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
It's only cheating if you get caught. It's kind of like baseball. Are only the people who got caught doing steroids, the only ones who did it? Of course not. I feel like Bill isn't the only one who did that stuff.
I'm sure you're right, but I've never really believed in the attitude of, "Well everyone else is doing it so that makes it fine," especially when not everyone has been proven to do it.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Just reading the BBI reactions to drafting JPP. Now that's a funny read. I can't believe how many people hated the pick, including myself. lol. Some of the reactions were funny though!
As someone who was *extremely* down on JPP before the 2010 draft, what I don't understand about his emergence as a quality NFL player is:

a.) He looked really bad playing for USF. In the videos I watched, he was overrunning plays, being knocked to the ground with easy, and looking generally like nothing more than a bull in a china shop. I didn't even see him apply much pressure. Most of his "plays" involved him batting down balls with his long arms.

b.) He was absolutely terrible at the combine drills. Typically, the elite pass rushers, throughout recent NFL history, have excelled at either the Vertical Jump/Broad Jump or the Short Shuttle. JPP was terrible at every one of these drills. The only drill he did well was the 40 yard dash.

JPP bucked all of the recent trends regarding pass rushers in combine drills and also bucked the trend of one-year-wonders with poor game tape struggling in the NFL.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know... we did produce three elite DE's during the last 15 years...

1.Strahan
2. Osi
3. Tuck

Coaching really does work

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

How's everyone feeling about the game tonight?

sig by BoneKrusher