Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-20-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't get to see the game last night! :(

Grad school is quite a bit of work, haha. I was pretty upset I didn't get to watch it. Fortunately you guys always give a great analysis of the game.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Let's take care of business first. I have no confidence at all in the passing game right now, so let's see what happens.

I think we win ugly tonight, leaving me just as unconfident as I was after the Redskins game.

or the run game. This offense is starting to bother me even more. I am ready for a new system now. It's tiring. I expect us to have a slow start every time and I expect one int in the stat column, if it is Eli's fault or not. It's going to happen. It's an every game thing.

I am just not liking this offense at all. More and more I see it, and I see other systems and people play, I hate it!

Newton throwing for 400 plus yards in two games? Has Eli ever threw for 400 plus yards? If Eli throws for 2 TDs I am very happy. 3 TDs and I am doing backflips.

200 yds for a franchise qb is a joke! This system needs a change. 200 yards? What is this?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is to funny.

Quote:
Manningham tweeted he didn't have a concussion, he just answered their questions wrong.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
or the run game. This offense is starting to bother me even more. I am ready for a new system now. It's tiring. I expect us to have a slow start every time and I expect one int in the stat column, if it is Eli's fault or not. It's going to happen. It's an every game thing.

I am just not liking this offense at all. More and more I see it, and I see other systems and people play, I hate it!

Newton throwing for 400 plus yards in two games? Has Eli ever threw for 400 plus yards? If Eli throws for 2 TDs I am very happy. 3 TDs and I am doing backflips.

200 yds for a franchise qb is a joke! This system needs a change. 200 yards? What is this?
He's never thrown for 400 yards in a game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What an idiot. I can say it a million times but it's still right. He's so dumb.

Although that's the point of the baseline testing. They test everyone at a normal state to see what they're like. So if they thought he might have a concussion he must have been even dumber than normal.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What an idiot. I can say it a million times but it's still right. He's so dumb.

Although that's the point of the baseline testing. They test everyone at a normal state to see what they're like. So if they thought he might have a concussion he must have been even dumber than normal.
When I read that I thought it was a joke at first. Poor Mario. I wonder what they asked him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
As someone who was *extremely* down on JPP before the 2010 draft, what I don't understand about his emergence as a quality NFL player is:

a.) He looked really bad playing for USF. In the videos I watched, he was overrunning plays, being knocked to the ground with easy, and looking generally like nothing more than a bull in a china shop. I didn't even see him apply much pressure. Most of his "plays" involved him batting down balls with his long arms.

b.) He was absolutely terrible at the combine drills. Typically, the elite pass rushers, throughout recent NFL history, have excelled at either the Vertical Jump/Broad Jump or the Short Shuttle. JPP was terrible at every one of these drills. The only drill he did well was the 40 yard dash.

JPP bucked all of the recent trends regarding pass rushers in combine drills and also bucked the trend of one-year-wonders with poor game tape struggling in the NFL.

He learned from Osi and Tuck and Perhaps Kiwi. They learned from Strahan. So now JPP has someone to follow. When it comes to drafting DEs, I learned not to question the talent. The position of the player we pick maybe, but not the player. We have a knack for DEs. The rest of the NFL and fan bases should follow suit if the want to analyze our DE picks in the future.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He's never thrown for 400 yards in a game.
That alone rings a bell to this system.. Since 2004, and guy, not once has thrown for 400 yards, yet a rookie comes in and does it back to back games. Other Qbs throw over 300 yards like it's no big deal. Fitzpatrick has 7 TDS already! Guy is lighting it up thus far. Get me a new system. I am tired of this nonsense.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I hate Colin Cowherd but his rant on Eli was spot on. For those who haven't seen it.

Quote:
Last night they booed Eli Manning at one point, and I've supported Eli Manning on this show. I believe he's the better of the two NY quarterbacks.

But it's funny because what's amazing about Eli is he didn't start very well last night - then ended well - and it's amazing that when we look at QBs we never consider what's around them. I mean how good would you be at a bad company?

Here's what you get from Eli Manning. Big arm, big yards, lots of TDs, durable, good in the 2-minute drill. Here's what you don't get: Not a lot of emotion, not much mobility, and a few picks. But they also ask him to throw over 500 times a season. You're gonna have a few picks. 20 picks isn't a ton when you throw 530 times a season.

He's 60-44 as a starter with a Super Bowl ring in a very tough, well-funded NFC East. He's never had an elite Offensive Coordinator, he's always had a conservative Head Coach, and never had an elite WR corps, ever. Here's the two years he had a good WR corps. In 2008 with Plax, Steve Smith, Ward out of the backfield, and Amani Toomer - what a shock 12-4, 21 TDs 10 picks. The next year he lost Plax but he had Steve Smith with over 100 catches, Kevin Boss, Hakeem Nicks - what a shock 27 TDs 14 Picks. And btw he had a very good offensive line.

Now Steve Smith is gone, a rash of injuries, Shaun O'Hara's hurt, Kevin Boss is gone, and WHAT A SHOCK, it's more of a struggle.

Look around the NFL, folks. Blame the GM, quit blaming the QB. I've been saying this every year with Eli.

Look at Green Bay. Look at what Aaron Rodgers has around him. Greg Jennings, one of the best deep threats in the league. Jermichael Finley at TE is uncoverable - you can't cover him. He's a TE/WR hybrid who runs a 4.4. Jordi Nelson, excellent possession receiver. Donald Driver, a reliable veteran. And oh yeah, James Jones can play too.

That's why I say Brady is amazing. Deion Branch is past his prime, two young tight ends, and a bunch of 5 foot 5 small guys that aren't very fast. He doesn't have much around him. He's an anamoly.

So I always laugh at the Eli Manning hate. You know what you get with him. You don't get a ton of mobility, he throws a few picks, but they ask him to throw 550 times. You get durability, you get good in the 2-minute drill, you get a big arm, you get a good kid - he never gets into trouble - and he's a smart guy. Get him some help! That's all that it takes, get him some help!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there lol

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Doesn't sound good for Hixon. He'll probably be done for year even though that's just a guess at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Doesn't sound good for Hixon. He'll probably be done for year even though that's just a guess at this point.
Man... it must be tough. I get mad enough when our guys go down for weeks. Even though Hixon isn't a world beater who you weren't relying on a lot, it's still a hit. This isn't his first season ending injury. I wonder how much longer you guys keep him around.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Man... it must be tough. I get mad enough when our guys go down for weeks. Even though Hixon isn't a world beater who you weren't relying on a lot, it's still a hit. This isn't his first season ending injury. I wonder how much longer you guys keep him around.
I thought about that too, especially if he gets put on IR..

So our OL needs to gel..

X is hurt

Z has a concussion

Y might be done for the season..

We have issues with health on this team big time. I am starting to hate our offense more and more.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If he's hurt for the year I fully expect yesterday to be his last game as a Giant.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought about that too, especially if he gets put on IR..

So our OL needs to gel..

X is hurt

Z has a concussion

Y might be done for the season..

We have issues with health on this team big time. I am starting to hate our offense more and more.
What's the story with your OL?

For us, Jerry simply failed to attack FA and sign some of the prime OGs that were available. I think the plan all along was to cut Davis and Gurode, but they were overconfident in replacing them with inexperienced guys who practice hard (mirage). ...and Kosier just sucks. Moving him to the right side just made him worse.

We resigned Free and drafted Smith, but that's where the fixing of our OL started and ended. An incomplete job and a big oversighted mistake. Now Romo has a punctured lung and Felix has a separated shoulder. Thanks OL... Double thanks, Jerry/Garrett. :/

What were you guys thinking going into the offseason and how well did you think your OL needs were addressed?
Old 09-20-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The OL will be fine. Baas just needs as many reps as possible so he could fit in with the offense. Beatty's been here long enough to know the system and has looked good in spots. Diehl, Snee, and McKenzie are all professionals and I don't really worry about them. Brewer will probably replace McKenzie in a year or two.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
What's the story with your OL?

For us, Jerry simply failed to attack FA and sign some of the prime OGs that were available. I think the plan all along was to cut Davis and Gurode, but they were overconfident in replacing them with inexperienced guys who practice hard (mirage). ...and Kosier just sucks. Moving him to the right side just made him worse.

We resigned Free and drafted Smith, but that's where the fixing of our OL started and ended. An incomplete job and a big oversighted mistake. Now Romo has a punctured lung and Felix has a separated shoulder. Thanks OL... Double thanks, Jerry/Garrett. :/

What were you guys thinking going into the offseason and how well did you think your OL needs were addressed?

Center and LG were hurt and then cut.

LT is Beatty who we drafted to take over..

David D who was LG and then LT and now moved back to LG again.

Center is a free agent David Baas

RG - Snee

RT - Kareem M.

We addressed the center position and moved the rest. Otherwise 3/5 are the same, with one bring promoted and another just plain being a new FA signing.

We drafted a guard in Petrus last year and have good depth. We just need the new center and the OL to gel.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Center and LG were hurt and then cut.

LT is Beatty who we drafted to take over..

David D who was LG and then LT and now moved back to LG again.

Center is a free agent David Baas

RG - Snee

RT - Kareem M.

We addressed the center position and moved the rest. Otherwise 3/5 are the same, with one bring promoted and another just plain being a new FA signing.

We drafted a guard in Petrus last year and have good depth. We just need the new center and the OL to gel.
Ah ok. I do remember the Baas signing. I've admired him from afar when he was with the Niners. He's a solid player.

Beatty holding up so far? I remember watching him throughout the draft process (Mayock liked him a lot), and I thought it was a good pick for you, but I've heard mixed reviews on his pro career thus far.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Ah ok. I do remember the Baas signing. I've admired him from afar when he was with the Niners. He's a solid player.

Beatty holding up so far? I remember watching him throughout the draft process (Mayock liked him a lot), and I thought it was a good pick for you, but I've heard mixed reviews on his pro career thus far.
Yeah, he is a slid player and good signing, but with no mini camp, or OTA and FA being delayed it's hard to catch up and then start.

Beatty is playing well, better than I thought actually. We have one of the best OL coaches in the league so I think Beatty has developed well. And will continue to get better, but I expect good and the bad at times.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he's hurt for the year I fully expect yesterday to be his last game as a Giant.
Didn't he come back on the field and play after he was hurt?
Old 09-20-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Didn't he come back on the field and play after he was hurt?
I believe so but it seems like it's worse than they thought. We'll find out more tomorrow.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I called it. Hixon out for the year with a torn ACL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Well.. another one bites the dust! Sad news, and hopefully he can recover, but 2 ACLs is a big thing to come back from.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He's done with us. We need someone to step up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

So he has a torn ACL and they let him go out on the field? Our sideline doctor is ancient. Someone needs to put him down.