Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-22-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if I should pick up Victor Cruz in fantasy as a 1 week gap filler since Mario is out.

I mean, someone has to catch the ball right? This game could get ugly.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't expect many significant stats from the offensive side of the ball this weekend. Of course that means Eli will probably throw for 400 yards for the first time ever.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to believe in the reverse jinx but....no man. Sorry. It's not happening.

I see 3 INTs. I can taste 3 INTs. 1 goes to the house.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I want to believe in the reverse jinx but....no man. Sorry. It's not happening.

I see 3 INTs. I can taste 3 INTs. 1 goes to the house.
:( I'm trying to stay positive but I do agree. Please run the ball as much as possible Gilbride!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Plus the thought of Maclin being covered by Ross makes my head hurt.

Can we make it official? Ross is a bust. He's terrible. I've given him plenty of time to prove it was just injuries and other guys in front of him who are better, plus we let him slide bc we don't win the SB without him, but at this point in his career, he's horrible.

He's just name recognition and living off of 1st round status at this point. He's slow, he can't drop his hips, he has horrible change of direction speed, he has poor ball skills in man coverage, he grabs a lot, he can't tackle, he's just not very good.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well he'll be gone after this year so we won't have to see him much longer. He went downhill quick after his rookie year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Sad to see what's he's become. He had potential to be very good. I just think his head isn't in the game.

With Webster getting older, Thomas tearing his ACL and Ross being a dud, the drafting of Amukamara is looking better and better as the weeks go by.

Another strength of ours is suddenly a weakness. We came into this season thinking we're deep at CB and WR, and we learned that we're not deep in either. Not anymore at least.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We were deep at CB. No one can forsee the massive numbers of injuries there. We were deep at WR last year but without Smith we still had concerns about the WR corps coming into this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder if I should pick up Victor Cruz in fantasy as a 1 week gap filler since Mario is out.

I mean, someone has to catch the ball right? This game could get ugly.
I was considering the same with Stokely. He could really be our savior potentially. Although I'm not counting on it.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We were deep at CB. No one can forsee the massive numbers of injuries there. We were deep at WR last year but without Smith we still had concerns about the WR corps coming into this year.
Yeah we were deep. But moving forward, I don't know if we can say we're deep anymore.

Think about it.

1. Webster is getting old. He's 29 and I can already see him losing a step. He's still very good but you can't be great forever. His time to start declining has come.

2. Thomas tore his ACL. We have no idea if he'll recover from it, and if he does, I don't expect him to be great his first year back. ACLs are a huge deal for CBs.

3. We all thought Ross wasn't a great 1 or 2, but we assumed he'd be very servicable as a 3. Well, he just plain sucks. Plus he's gone after this year anyway.

So when you think about it, CB isn't a strength anymore moving forward. We have yet to see if Prince is actually any good yet (hopefully he is), but even if he is, we still need another CB. We need a guy who can replace Webster in 2 years, and we need a guy in case Thomas is a dud, or if we lose him in FA as well bc we don't trust his knee.

So we're not deep anymore. We were. But not anymore.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I was considering the same with Stokely. He could really be our savior potentially. Although I'm not counting on it.
Yeah I'm torn btw Cruz or Stokely. Or neither.

I need another guy who can get me 10 points a game bad. Right now both my teams (2 leagues) are very thin, I need to strengthen my bench in both and I'm missing a good flex option in both leagues.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd lean towards Stokely over Cruz. I think Eli will look his way more.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I'm torn btw Cruz or Stokely. Or neither.

I need another guy who can get me 10 points a game bad. Right now both my teams (2 leagues) are very thin, I need to strengthen my bench in both and I'm missing a good flex option in both leagues.
Why do you suck so bad?
Old 09-22-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I'd lean towards Stokely over Cruz. I think Eli will look his way more.
Yeah, apparently they know each other from some of those Manning passing camps or something. Plus Stokely's package got bigger. Did you hear that?
Old 09-22-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah. It was small. But then it got bigger during the game.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, apparently they know each other from some of those Manning passing camps or something. Plus Stokely's package got bigger. Did you hear that?
Are you setting me up with that one?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah. It was small. But then it got bigger during the game.
Haha I didn't take the bait.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Are you setting me up with that one?
No I just saw that quote on Leno the other night for the first time. I was dying.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Haha I didn't take the bait.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
No I just saw that quote on Leno the other night for the first time. I was dying.
EWWW Leno? What are you 60?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
EWWW Leno? What are you 60?
I dunno why I watching. I normally don't watch but it was on.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hopefully some hottie was a guest that night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Why is everyone making such a big deal about the faking injury thing? I've seen this countless times since I started watching football and I've never seen so much said about it. I don't get it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Why is everyone making such a big deal about the faking injury thing? I've seen this countless times since I started watching football and I've never seen so much said about it. I don't get it.
Haha. It was especially bad. I don't care either but it was funny. The fact that we couldn't make up our minds about who should be hurt only makes it worse.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Monday Night. National Game. New York market.

That's why.

Any football fan with half a brain knows that this was a tactic that's been employed by defenses since the dawn of time. It was done to the Bills and Bengals no huddle offenses in the 80s and 90s almost every week.

Happens to Indy all the time.

But it's monday night, it's a national game, and it's NY. So it gets discussed ad nauseum.

I could care less. I'm sure the Giants could care less too.