Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-23-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Not to rehash everything but like I said he'll be good here but he'll never make the jump to superstar. He's just to dumb. He also runs incorrect routes a ton of times still.
True, but his explosiveness is what is keeping him on the team, and having him start. He is just too good not to have on the field. He is a homerun hitter. Put it this way, when the filth of this system is washed away, and if the next HC or OC installs something new we could have the potential to be a sick offense.

Even with this PHd offense you see Manningham working away and still making plays or putting himself in a spot to make plays. Dumb or not dumb. He had 2 home run chances last game.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with that and I won't argue he's not a good WR. He's a very good WR but he'll never be a great WR in this system. His explosiveness is something we haven't seen on this team in a long long time and that is a welcome sight. I just didn't want to rely on him alone turning the page as becoming our #2.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said it before, Mario has potential to be a stud WR in a different system. Put him in a WCO or Air Coryell system and he'll be a very good WR.

He's just not smart enough for this system. Hopefully if we get a new system he's still around bc I do like his potential in a simpler offense.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with that and I won't argue he's not a good WR. He's a very good WR but he'll never be a great WR in this system. His explosiveness is something we haven't seen on this team in a long long time and that is a welcome sight. I just didn't want to rely on him alone turning the page as becoming our #2.
Yeah that could work out that way. But what do you define as great? If he is great than what about Nicks? I think Mario as a Z is the homerun threat while Nicks is that steady X who can hit homeruns but may not get that many especially if teams roll the coverages that way. That means we may see more productivity out of Manningham.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I've said it before, Mario has potential to be a stud WR in a different system. Put him in a WCO or Air Coryell system and he'll be a very good WR.

He's just not smart enough for this system. Hopefully if we get a new system he's still around bc I do like his potential in a simpler offense.
Talking about other systems makes me sad... I'd rather get kicked in the balls. All i want is a new offensive system. A brand new one! Nice and new out of the box!
Old 09-23-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Talking about other systems makes me sad... I'd rather get kicked in the balls. All i want is a new offensive system. A brand new one! Nice and new out of the box!
Can't be just any system though. Gilbride isn't the only crappy coordinator out there.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Can't be just any system though. Gilbride isn't the only crappy coordinator out there.
Well the assumption is that the system is TC's system with Gilbride adding to it and calling the plays.

But at this point, let me try any new OC and we can go from there.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Well the assumption is that the system is TC's system with Gilbride adding to it and calling the plays.

But at this point, let me try any new OC and we can go from there.
Only way you're getting a new system is if Coughlin is fired or retires.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yup, and I like TC a lot. But his loyalty to coaches is annoying. In a way I don't want him to go, because I don't know who the next one will be and how good. But the other part of me, wants him gone if that means a new offensive system that can make better use of the talent.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I like TC the figurehead and team manager.

But his X and O philosophies I disagree with. He likes the run n shoot, and he likes Cover 2.

So until he's gone, we won't see the changes we want. Like the guy, but I think it's time for a fresh start.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

But his X and O philosophies I disagree with. He likes the run n shoot, and he likes Cover 2.

So until he's gone, we won't see the changes we want. Like the guy, but I think it's time for a fresh start.
Unfortunately I agree. I really do like him but I don't see any creativity that's needed for the last few years. He's a little to stubborn. The thing is I'm not sure we bring in a new coach that's any different. Cowher is waiting to pounce on this job and he's set in his ways also. He may even worse at this point because he hasn't coached in the NFL in 4 years now. A lot has changed since then.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Todd Haley. KC is brutal right now so that would worry me. But Cassell sucks. Always has.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I really like Todd Haley. KC is brutal right now so that would worry me. But Cassell sucks. Always has.
I don't know about him. I'd rather start with a new coach than have a retread.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

Yeah so the thing would be the Steeler style or way... Keep the HC but cycle coordinators. However, this is the Coach's system, and he is too loyal to his coaches. That's where the issue is.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd consider Mangini too. He got the short end of the stick twice.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Mangini here again? The guy with literally no personality as a HC. Basically he was trying to be Bill B without the accomplishments which was the knock on Coughlin and his strict nature.

I am not sure I'd want him anywhere near NY again.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Mangini here again? The guy with literally no personality as a HC. Basically he was trying to be Bill B without the accomplishments which was the knock on Coughlin and his strict nature.

I am not sure I'd want him anywhere near NY again.
Why? Mangini has tons of personality. He just has no time for the media. But like you said, neither does Coughlin. I don't really care about that. The media can write all the articles they want. Hell, they've been trying to get Coughlin fired since year 2-3.

I'd rather that than a media ***** like Rex Ryan.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't care about his personality he's just not that good of a coach. He's average at best.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I don't care about his personality he's just not that good of a coach. He's average at best.
I disagree. You can throw out his entire tenure in Cleveland in my opinion. He never had a shot to succeed there. And he had Brett Favre pushed on him by his owner the final year he was in NY.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Why? Mangini has tons of personality. He just has no time for the media. But like you said, neither does Coughlin. I don't really care about that. The media can write all the articles they want. Hell, they've been trying to get Coughlin fired since year 2-3.

I'd rather that than a media ***** like Rex Ryan.
Yes, but I remember when Mangini was here. The guy is always in a bad mode, and rude to people. I remember Mike F talking about that on the WFAN. The guy is dull and no personality I remember them ripping on him. I don't want him near us. I am sure other coaches would want the change to coach here in NY.

Rex has personality but it comes in the form of arrogance. And that does turn people off too. That's why some people hate him.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If KC does terribad and he gets fired I think he'll need to OC for at least a year and won't get another HC shot unless he puts together another great offense. If we go with a first time HC I think Haley could be a really nice fit running the offense. Especially with our young receivers being a year older, the OL a year more gel'd and a defense healthy and still awaiting to find out which position will get raped by injuries.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If KC does terribad and he gets fired I think he'll need to OC for at least a year and won't get another HC shot unless he puts together another great offense. If we go with a first time HC I think Haley could be a really nice fit running the offense. Especially with our young receivers being a year older, the OL a year more gel'd and a defense healthy and still awaiting to find out which position will get raped by injuries.
That's fine with me especially because I'd want a defensive minded HC.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

How do you guys feel about this game on sunday?
Old 09-23-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yes, but I remember when Mangini was here. The guy is always in a bad mode, and rude to people. I remember Mike F talking about that on the WFAN. The guy is dull and no personality I remember them ripping on him. I don't want him near us. I am sure other coaches would want the change to coach here in NY.

Rex has personality but it comes in the form of arrogance. And that does turn people off too. That's why some people hate him.
Well if Mike didn't like him, he must be a terrible person.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
How do you guys feel about this game on sunday?
Not good at all. Hope they surprise me.

sig by BoneKrusher