Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-25-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP is home and making plays almost every play. He is usually an out stretched hand away from getting sacks. He had 2 sacks, and 7 tackles, but this guy is so close from getting 3-5 sacks. He is out of his mind. This is against Vick too. Put a less or a lot less mobile QB and good lord.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
JPP is home and making plays almost every play. He is usually an out stretched hand away from getting sacks. He had 2 sacks, and 7 tackles, but this guy is so close from getting 3-5 sacks. He is out of his mind. This is against Vick too. Put a less or a lot less mobile QB and good lord.
Seriously I am so sorry for getting angry at this pick, JPP for Pres.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Seriously I am so sorry for getting angry at this pick, JPP for Pres.
Hehe, everyone hated the pick. I can't find someone who loved it and was cheering. The whole BBI MB was in meltdown mode!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me some crow, and I will down the whole plate. JPP, I am sorry.

but what I loved today and think what the difference was: we played with energy. we played with fight and passion. I've never seen a Giants team so energetic...not in probably a year or so. I loved it. The fights and offsides...yeah, they were bad but they were energetic and passionate things. the offsides were us being ancy and full of energy, and honestly, I'll take it. that's what really stood out to me. we showed up to play
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hehe, everyone hated the pick. I can't find someone who loved it and was cheering. The whole BBI MB was in meltdown mode!
I don't like boasting, but I will pat myself, BBD and Rosebud on the back. All three of us liked the pick on draft day. It's actually been a while since I disliked a first round pick we've selected. Loved JPP, loved Kenny, loved Nicks. I guess the only one I really didn't love in the Reese era was Aaron Ross, but it was more due to the fact that he was fairly old for a rookie at the time we drafted him.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so ecstatic I was so wrong this week. Great game and I'm pumped we had it in us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't like boasting, but I will pat myself, BBD and Rosebud on the back. All three of us liked the pick on draft day. It's actually been a while since I disliked a first round pick we've selected. Loved JPP, loved Kenny, loved Nicks. I guess the only one I really didn't love in the Reese era was Aaron Ross, but it was more due to the fact that he was fairly old for a rookie at the time we drafted him.
I hated the pick because of the prospect and position. Same with Kiwi pick. I hated the Ross Pick.

I liked Nicks and KP. And Prince AmulakjakwkjdlA Is off to a bad impression.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hated the pick because of the prospect and position. Same with Kiwi pick. I hated the Ross Pick.

I liked Nicks and KP. And Prince AmulakjakwkjdlA Is off to a bad impression.
How is he off to a bad impression? You can't even make an impression when you're injured. This stuff happens, and there isn't much you can do it about it.

I feel like when he returns he'll make a very good impact for us.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Bad first impression? Last one to sign, first one to get hurt? Do you call that a good first impression? Am I missing something? Is that a great impression to make on your fan base, coaching staff and team mates? I don't want if he was on my team, I know coaches would be mad at that.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes because he chose to get hurt lol. It's not a bad first impression, because impressions are something you can control, he couldn't control that he got hurt. And him signing last doesn't annoy me at all, he was considered one of the biggest steals in the draft so he deserves more than 19th overall money. When he comes back and proves that he and T2 will be a fantastic duo of cover corners for years to come you won't mention your "bad first impression" anymore.

It's not a great first impression that's for sure, but it doesn't really leave any impression actually. I'll make my first impression after his first FULL season.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Yes because he chose to get hurt lol. It's not a bad first impression, because impressions are something you can control, he couldn't control that he got hurt. And him signing last doesn't annoy me at all, he was considered one of the biggest steals in the draft so he deserves more than 19th overall money. When he comes back and proves that he and T2 will be a fantastic duo of cover corners for years to come you won't mention your "bad first impression" anymore.
I don't care if he chose to get hurt or not. He should have got to camp on time. Or is that out of his hands too? Maybe work with his team, and the strength and conditioning coach.

You can control getting on camp on time. He didn't and then gets hurt on the second damn day.

And he doesn't deserve any more money because he was steal. That's how it works, he dropped because of the run on QBs. If he wants more money then show us he is good, and he will get rewarded.

Of course I will. I admitted that I hated the JPP pick now he is doing well. If I am wrong I say it. So don't know why I wouldn't.

Good, no one is saying you need to make your impression. You can make your first impression whenever you want, lol. I could careless when you make yours. I don't mean that in a mean way obviously, but you're free to make your own opinion. You have that right, and I never knock anyone for that stuff.

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 09-25-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For as much as we kill Gilbride we also have to give him credit on a game like yesterday. He called a great game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm having a cheesesteak for lunch today.

And that was obviously a great win. I have to go back and watch it again to really get a good look at it, but initial reactions is we called a good game on both sides of the ball.

And JPP is a beast. He'll be the best DE in the league in 2 years. I don't want Osi taking the starting spot back. I think JPP earned the right to stay as the starter.

Ross played a great game too. Nice bounceback from him.

I'll break it down in more detail later. Gonna be busy.

Oh and btw, Beckum sucks, I hate him, he's a bumb, he's the softest player I've ever seen, and I hope we cut him this week. I don't even want to see him on the roster anymore.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah Beckum is the only player I can really get on after yesterday but I'm going to look at all the positives. This team really is something sometimes. They know how to step up when everyone thinks they are down. It's really why it's frustrating when they lose because we all know how good they really can be.

Williams was all over the field yesterday also. I forgot to TIVO the game so I can't go back and watch but he looked real good out there. The stats back it up also as he led the team with 10 tackles. So so so many positives from the game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams brought much needed speed out there. Boley is having a hell of a start too. The thing with Boley is though, he always starts out the season like a PBer, but then fades at the end bc he just runs out of gas.

So let's see if he can sustain it.

KP had a great game too. I really hope Ross can continue to improve and if Prince can come back so we can move Rolle back to FS, I think with more gelling we'll be decent again on defense. Fewell called a pretty solid game.

Beatty is struggling a little. I know he went against Cole, but still. I want to see improvement from him. And McKenzie looks washed up. He got owned last week for 2 sacks, and this week as well.

That's a concern. I also think Cruz is a much better outside WR than a slot guy. Maybe we should just leave him on the outside. He thinks less, doesn't have to identify as much and he plays faster.

Let's not get too excited though. This game on the road against Arizona after such an emotional victory is a HUGE trap game.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

And on the Randy Moss situation: I think it was Schefter who reported that he's open to returning again. The Giants were one of the teams on his list.

I can't remember all the teams, the Pats and Cowboys were also on his list.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's hard not to be excited but yes the team has to be careful. It's a classic trap game. Cruz is much better on the outside so we'll see if Mario gets the majority of the slot now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 08:33 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Best part about that game, Cruz made Nnamdi his ***** on those 2 TDs

Old 09-26-2011, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And on the Randy Moss situation: I think it was Schefter who reported that he's open to returning again. The Giants were one of the teams on his list.

I can't remember all the teams, the Pats and Cowboys were also on his list.
After yesterday I'm sure we won't be interested anymore.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 08:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

A man can dream.

I still think we need Moss. I hope we don't overreact to one game.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A man can dream.

I still think we need Moss. I hope we don't overreact to one game.
There is a reason he doesn't have a job right now and played for 3 teams last year.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Webster was a boss yesterday also. I don't even remember seeing him much because they didn't throw at him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm a Randy homer. I can't help it.

Webster owns Jackson. When left in man coverage vs Jackson, I can't remember the last time Jackson actually burned us. Webster does well vs small quick WRs like Jackson.

It's the big guys he struggles with.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm a Randy homer. I can't help it.

Webster owns Jackson. When left in man coverage vs Jackson, I can't remember the last time Jackson actually burned us. Webster does well vs small quick WRs like Jackson.

It's the big guys he struggles with.
So, what did you think BBD? Offensively, we hit the home run ball and it helped us win. Great play calling and play design. I was very happy for once.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
So, what did you think BBD? Offensively, we hit the home run ball and it helped us win. Great play calling and play design. I was very happy for once.
I was happy. But at the same time, you can't expect that on a weekly basis. We still have work to do.

I want to see us sustain long drives. Still need a slot to emerge. Part of me feels like we're better with Mario on the bench. Is it a coincidence that Eli got hot last week when Mario was on the sidelines and continued that into this game?

Maybe not. Maybe Mario's dumbass running wrong routes on a constant basis is part of the problem to our consistency on offense. Something to think about.