Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-26-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm a Randy homer. I can't help it.

Webster owns Jackson. When left in man coverage vs Jackson, I can't remember the last time Jackson actually burned us. Webster does well vs small quick WRs like Jackson.

It's the big guys he struggles with.
Yeah I know but he did a good job on Maclin also. Linval was a monster yesterday also especially down on the goal line stand. Those first 2 picks from last year are looking like a huge HR.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. We only have 3 players left from that draft class, but all 3 look like major keepers.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was happy. But at the same time, you can't expect that on a weekly basis. We still have work to do.

I want to see us sustain long drives. Still need a slot to emerge. Part of me feels like we're better with Mario on the bench. Is it a coincidence that Eli got hot last week when Mario was on the sidelines and continued that into this game?

Maybe not. Maybe Mario's dumbass running wrong routes on a constant basis is part of the problem to our consistency on offense. Something to think about.
I don't see long sustained drives. In fact, I am not expecting home runs to be hit every game like that. Maybe 1 or perhaps 2, but we really got 3 solid good ones, and a great play call to get the Bradshaw one.

We can't go into every game expecting that. However, I'd be very impressed if we could go into every game and hit that many big time scores in that fashion. I was more impressed with 4 TDs and no ints, his fault or not.

I also noticed Jacobs and bradshaw seem on their way to a career year in receptions and yards catching the ball. Yeah I am sure that's an issue, but he is a homerun threat too. You can't bench a guy with an ability to hit a big score just like Cruz did.

It's the coaches job to get both Cruz and Mario on the field and somehow make it work so it increases our chances of a big time plays.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My best guess would be to move Mario to the slot and keep Cruz outside.

If Mario can stretch that safety out and keep him in the middle of the field, that should clear out the middle for Nicks and Cruz on some square ins and slants.

And if they start cheating inside, hit em with some backshoulders that Eli is so good at.

We're probably just gonna keep Cruz in the slot though. That's just how we roll.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My best guess would be to move Mario to the slot and keep Cruz outside.

If Mario can stretch that safety out and keep him in the middle of the field, that should clear out the middle for Nicks and Cruz on some square ins and slants.

And if they start cheating inside, hit em with some backshoulders that Eli is so good at.

We're probably just gonna keep Cruz in the slot though. That's just how we roll.

By the way Sanu!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
By the way Sanu!!!
I can only hope. How bad ass would it be if he's a Giant. But he's a surefire 1st rounder, and we need linebackers.

I dunno, we'll see how the board shapes up when the time comes.

Right here right now, I just want to enjoy this week for what it was. It's been 3 years. 3 long years without beating the Eagles.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I didn't want to be a downer but Coughlin thinks Tuck's neck problem is troublesome and he also picked up a groin injury.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Im just waiting for Tuck to go on IR. It only makes sense at this point. Why not right? Why escape a game with no injuries?

We should just designate some scrub as the official "get hurt this week so the injury jinx doesn't hit our starters" guy.

I nominate Travis Beckum.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We'll see with the neck. Hopefully it's something that he can play with and it won't cause that much pain. It's ridiculous how much better everyone on the field is when Tuck is out there. If he goes down we're done.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I don't want to take the Cardinals for granted but if Osi comes back and play 15-20 plays, and Kiwi keeps his hand on the ground for most of the game like Sunday, we don't really need a ton of Tuck in this game.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well I don't want to take the Cardinals for granted but if Osi comes back and play 15-20 plays, and Kiwi keeps his hand on the ground for most of the game like Sunday, we don't really need a ton of Tuck in this game.
Doesn't sound like Osi will be back. I think he makes his debut against the Seahawks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Tuck will be missed more as a run stuffer than a pass rusher. He's really not a true pass rusher, but he does take double teams every play which frees guys up.

I would prefer that if it's seriously that bad, we just use him as a nickel UT like in 07 and have a rotation of Osi, Kiwi, and JPP as our everydown DEs.

Perhaps rotate Kiwi and JPP at LE and bring Tuck in on obvious pass situations.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Doesn't sound like Osi will be back. I think he makes his debut against the Seahawks.
Well then we need Tuck. Tolly's a body at this point. Although I love his aggression nailing Vick on the pick.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was happy. But at the same time, you can't expect that on a weekly basis. We still have work to do.

I want to see us sustain long drives. Still need a slot to emerge. Part of me feels like we're better with Mario on the bench. Is it a coincidence that Eli got hot last week when Mario was on the sidelines and continued that into this game?

Maybe not. Maybe Mario's dumbass running wrong routes on a constant basis is part of the problem to our consistency on offense. Something to think about.
I mean, at this point, can't we just do what the Eagles do with Desean and have Manningham just run streak routes every play? At least this way Eli doesn't have to worry about him screwing up if Mario has no decision to make.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he can shake it off.. Beckum better play better. I re watched that 4 down and he looked like Eli threw a weighted ball at him. As soon he caught it he fell backwards. Kinda comical.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, at this point, can't we just do what the Eagles do with Desean and have Manningham just run streak routes every play? At least this way Eli doesn't have to worry about him screwing up if Mario has no decision to make.
Screens and go routes.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Beckum is horrible. The sooner he's gone the better.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I saw Eli and MM get that confused on a deep ball.. MM ran a deep post and ball went to the outside near the numbers.
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Screens and go routes.
No, he needs to make complex decisions on every play that he clearly can't handle.

/gilbride
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
It's never that simple. And to be fair, not every time it's Mario's fault. I faulted Eli plenty of times vs the Jets when he had miscommunication with Mario.

But yeah, something has to be done. It's just this run n shoot is too complex for him.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
It's never that simple. And to be fair, not every time it's Mario's fault. I faulted Eli plenty of times vs the Jets when he had miscommunication with Mario.

But yeah, something has to be done. It's just this run n shoot is too complex for him.
I know, haha. I was just joking around a little. It would be nice if we kept things simple for him but I'm guessing that isn't possible considering how the offense is ran and designed.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I forgot to mention how well Rocky is playing this year so far also. The DT rotation we have right now is actually looking really good from Canty down to Kennedy. Rocky has really stepped his game and has looked very good all through preseason and now the 3 games so far this year. It's been one of our strengths this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I hope he can shake it off.. Beckum better play better. I re watched that 4 down and he looked like Eli threw a weighted ball at him. As soon he caught it he fell backwards. Kinda comical.
He's a joke. Softest player on this team in a long long time.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
He's a joke. Softest player on this team in a long long time.
I love how BBI uses the Mr. Softee ice cream truck icon when talking about him. Makes me laugh every time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I forgot to mention how well Rocky is playing this year so far also. The DT rotation we have right now is actually looking really good from Canty down to Kennedy. Rocky has really stepped his game and has looked very good all through preseason and now the 3 games so far this year. It's been one of our strengths this year.
Canty is quietly having a very good season as well. All our DTs as you've mentioned.

But like last year, these guys wore out at the end of the season. Canty and Boley in particular were 2 guys that have started out but then fizzled out after 8 weeks. Just ran out of juice.

So I'm curious to see if that happens again or if they can sustain success this season.